RPGM Completed WIP [Golden Fever] Kati the Possessed v1.03 [RJ305302]

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
The translation is 'complete' but hasn't been sufficiently word wrapped, proofread or playtested, and there are edits I wish to make. Please refrain from creating a general release thread.

1606572493683.png

Overview:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Title: Kati the Possessed (悪魂入りのカティ)
Release Date: November 28, 2020
Developer:
Censored: Yes
Game Version: v1.03
Language: English (Manual)
Store:
Genre: Female Protagonist, Humiliation
Latest Update: 06/23/2024
Game Download: N/A
Links: Request Thread, Mosaic Removal Mod by Shisaye(YMMV)

Finally, it's here.

Currently the word wrapping is not great. You can circumvent this mostly by pressing Q, PageUp, or scrolling up on the mouse, etc, to read from the backlog, but I'm currently seeking ways and help so that isn't necessary.

I've also attached a new font as a temporary solution to alleviate this issue (some text will still get cut off, but by much less and less frequently). Put it in the 'www' folder of an unpacked game (see how to unpack your game at the bottom of this post). Big thanks to MuninKai for advising me on this.

I plan to slowly work on stuff like ensuring the event history functions as intended, consistency of punctuation/capitalization/terms, replacing excessively inconsistent writing, etc.

If something breaks let me know.

Game needs to be unpacked for the patch, your locale should be in Japanese.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
you're a goddamn hero! i'm gonna test out the translation later today and give feedback

edit: obasanssaga i used a brand new version of the game (v 1.03) and copy pasted the www folder into the game directory with the same name. japanese locale is installed. the game is still entirely in japanese for me (or at least the intro is), what did i do wrong?

Last edited:

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
you're a goddamn hero! i'm gonna test out the translation later today and give feedback

edit: obasanssaga i used a brand new version of the game (v 1.03) and copy pasted the www folder into the game directory with the same name. japanese locale is installed. the game is still entirely in japanese for me (or at least the intro is), what did i do wrong?
I'll have to check for myself in a few hours but I think you need to unpack the game? I vaguely remember doing that ages ago, with this thing called EnigmaVBUnpacker. Should be a thread somewhere on this site.

EDIT: I found a new version, unpacked it, overwrote the 'www' folder with my translation, and it seems to work as intended.

1. Get the game. If you open the 'www' and you only see a 'save' folder, your game is packed and you will need to use the unpacker to apply the translation.
2. Open the 'EnigmaVBUnpacker', press the '...' button, then select the 'Game(.exe)' file and then press 'Unpack'.
3. This should create a '%DEFAULT FOLDER%' in the folder of your downloaded game. (I don't know if you actually have to but I deleted the %s afterwards)
4. Move every file and folder in the game folder except for the 'www' folder, 'Game(.exe)' file, and 'Game_unpacked(.exe)' file.
5. The 'www' folder inside 'DEFAULT FOLDER' should have folders titled 'audio', 'data', 'fonts', etc inside it. Overwrite that 'www' with the translation.

Last edited:
Reactions: McSlut

obasanssaga

Nov 13, 2021
Edited my original post to attach a fonts folder as a temporary solution to alleviate this issue (some text will still get cut off, but by much less and less frequently), as well as a link to the unpacker necessary to apply both my translation and this font change to a packed game.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I'll have to check for myself in a few hours but I think you need to unpack the game? I vaguely remember doing that ages ago, with this thing called EnigmaVBUnpacker. Should be a thread somewhere on this site.

EDIT: I found a new version, unpacked it, overwrote the 'www' folder with my translation, and it seems to work as intended.

1. Get the game. If you open the 'www' and you only see a 'save' folder, your game is packed and you will need to use the unpacker to apply the translation.
2. Open the 'EnigmaVBUnpacker', press the '...' button, then select the 'Game(.exe)' file and then press 'Unpack'.
3. This should create a '%DEFAULT FOLDER%' in the folder of your downloaded game. (I don't know if you actually have to but I deleted the %s afterwards)
4. Move every file and folder in the game folder except for the 'www' folder, 'Game(.exe)' file, and 'Game_unpacked(.exe)' file.
5. The 'www' folder inside 'DEFAULT FOLDER' should have folders titled 'audio', 'data', 'fonts', etc inside it. Overwrite that 'www' with the translation.
followed your steps and it worked perfectly. god damn it's like i'm playing a brand new game. this game is a masterpiece and has actually a quite good story (for an h-game). kati is just cute, probably my favourite h-game protagonist.

also the translation is perfect, i didn't have any cutoffs and i honestly don't think there is anything wrong with the font size. if you're a perfectionist i guess there is still some stuff to improve but i'd honestly be satisfied if the other endings get translated.

fucking amazing work dude, i will tell everyone who posts here to go check out this translation and this game because both truly deserves more attention

Reactions: obasanssaga