Ren'Py - Golden Mean [v0.4] [DrMolly]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Mike145

Great renders, decent story.

As a person who enjoys both harem and ntr (but prefere sharing like in this game) this is a perfect setting for me.

Even one of my favourites which is sharing mom/sister (obviously optional).

My opinion is probably too biased but it's pretty much a game tailored to my preferences(mind control, sharing, tanlines, great bodyshapes with good renders).

Good luck to the dev and hope he won't abandon it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

AnimeHentaiGamer

beautiful renders and art. not the same models you see in every game. the game has optional ntr that can be turned off at the start of the game. I love Elisa so much! story is about corrupting people and as of 0.2 there is a lot of content.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Jonathan0009

The animations are truly beautiful, for example the hand marks as the mc grabs someones tits, and every other detail. I really enjoyed the focus on small details.

The grammar and the story isn't the most amazing, but I enjoy the well paced progression (even though I wish it led to more, aka having more scenes, but the game is only in version 0.2 so I won't ask for too much)

The UI and menu's aren't anything special, but I didn't mind them.

I myself recommend playing the game using the guide, especially if you aren't a fan of ntr. The guide is very helpful. The first time i played this game i got stuck a few times, so the guide is highly recommended.

In conclusion it's a pretty great game, the hot models and the animations is what really sells it for me, i hope we get to see this game get more updates and evolve into something perfect in the future. I'm giving it a 5 stars for both the potential, lack of annoying/game breaking stuff, and enjoyment.

Definitely worth the play, and good luck to the dev/s.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Spinxas

So far it really looks like a great game. The renders, story, dialogs... everything looks great. One thing annoyed me is the UX and being able to jump from certain location, rather than having openness for that... Also no tips or intro around the UX initially felt annoying as had to look everywhere what I can do next after initial scene where you control the MC and at the dinner table, as you need to expand the menu from the bottom which is visually not easy to spot.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

JackTheBored

1. Good Renders
    2. Mediocre Story
    3. English/Grammar need a lot of work
    4. game programming and game UI looks terrible
    5. and not to even mention the drama behind it and the rename of the game from The X to Golden Mean
    Thus I decided to give it 1/5 until it gets better and I see otherwise which I highly doubt.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4802627

The game has excellent images, which manages to come out of the most used models on the site. A story with many possibilities and so far manages to have a reasonable fluidity. I noticed some difficulty moving around the house without using shortcuts. I really liked the general look and unlike many other games, it already delivered some fun at the beginning.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

hubvan

This is a really nice game and after all these moths and years I am still waiting for a well rendered incest game, where you can corrupt and subdue your family members, which does not get abandoned halfway through or where dev turns it into the 1 millionth boring romance story with all the bdsm you have ever seen is a few slaps on the butt.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Uncommon Sense

Pros:
    Renders
    Models
    Potential of the Story

Cons:
    Sandbox
    Grinding because it's a sandbox.
    MC's hair.

This could be a potentially good story but that depends on the balance, how much stalling goes into, will the grinding get easier and if the MC gets a haircut. Being real now, you live to skip time with this game, hopefully in time when there's more to do this becomes more of a smooth transition. Good luck.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

DracoXXX

It was an enjoyable ride.The story is interesting & funny at times(Mathilda moment was hilarious).
    As of right now(0.1b) we haven't delved much into the characters other than the basic info but based on what's shown they do appear genuine.
    The animations r gorgeous & so r the renders.
    My only gripe would be the sandbox as it felt totally out of place almost like a padding that was added to increase the playtime.This game would've been so much more enjoyable without it
  10. 5.00 star(s)

slimtwig

I am very exited to see this game progress. Its incredibly sexy, has an interesting story, it has choices, and best of all it isnt just a boring visual novel. different interactions with many sexy ladies. I love the incest story and am even exited for some potential NTR if the choice presents itself ! Keep it up, im deffinetly checking out the patron!
  11. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.1b

The renders and animations are good, everything else was very underwhelming. A classic.

I think sandboxes can be great, but when you get ones like this its no wonder people start to hate them. It's aimless. Just a bunch of shit scattered around with very little direction. Click on girl in random location to raise her stats and hope it doesn't take too long to reach an event. Without a guide, it feels like you're just clicking around in hopes of finding anything interesting.

The game has literally just started and already the plot feels rushed. Dialogue is just stiff and a bit boring. I couldn't tell you much of anything about any of the characters besides the fact that we have an overly religious and naive mother. None of them are very compelling to me.

The story seems to be "the church is actually bad and have magic powers" and it's up to us to stop them with our new found powers. I don't necessarily hate it or anything, but with the rushed feel I'm just not hooked.

3 stars is probably generous to be honest, but I don't want to rag on the game too hard in such an early state. I don't think this is without potential. Maybe some updates will really do it some good and surprise me. Here's hoping.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Kapiroto

I've always wanted Dr Molly to make a game. He really did a great job as I expected. It's been one of the best games out lately, for me. Great renders, great models, an interesting story, quite a lot of content for the first release. Sandbox gameplay is also plus for me. Good luck Molly, I'll look forward to it
  13. 4.00 star(s)

xanonxmousx

I really enjoyed this game for a number of reasons.
    First of all it's an incredible start to the game. There is quite a lot of content as of v0.1b that I played. The characters are sexy. I enjoyed perving on the sisters and mom. The renders and animations are great. The religious inquisition story line is pretty unique and very well thought through.

The sandbox is not a lot of grind - which is nice. Without a walkthrough, it's hard to know where to go at times. A better hint system would be fantastic and the game over parts are kind of annoying but not the end of the world.

It is a good game and a great start! I can't wait to see future updates!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Joselito99

I love sandbox games like this one. The game has awesome renders, good corruption system, clothing options, good navigation system, etc. I also like repeating events, so really there is nothing I dislike about the game. Looking forward to next updates.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

colombusohio

Writing needs cleaned up a bit but otherwise a gorgeous game with a clean plot and elegant mechanics.

Fantastic potential, very excited about this one. Not a ton of content yet but enough to leave those balls extremely blue.

An easy recommend for most audiences.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

BlackPinkX

Nice renders, interesting story, beautiful female characters but everything is ruined by "sandbox".The game navigation system and hints are terrible, lots of wasted clicks for "few rewards". Stressful and easy to get lost without walkthrough
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Flynn974

I like the game. There's a lot of content for a first release. The models are quite nice, the story kinda revolves around a religion thing, which could be cool. I don't agree with the sandbox grinding approach. But that's just my opinion, so I won't let it affect the review.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Grymfrost

Great graphics, can't remember seeing any of the faces of the characters in other games although sure someone will correct me on that one lol :) So far an entertaining story which will hopefully continue in this vein. Plenty of scope to involve a multitude of story lines and good option on whether you want to see/watch the Ntr part of the story. Thoroughly enjoyed this first part and waiting in anticipation for the next episode.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

mjwood88

Sentences don't make sense; story could be good with plenty of revisions. Models are good. Dev should decide whether it's a VN or sandbox title. As it is just now, I wouldn't play it again. As soon as you go into free-play you can't progress
  20. 5.00 star(s)

kasata

So far for a 0.1 version it's looking really solid. The story is nothing special, but it still works.

Pros

-High quality renders
    -Good looking and diverse cast of models
    -Attention to detail for clothing
    -Decent navigation menu
    -Animations

Cons

-Color of the UI needs a change to make it more obvious at times