Seeking Good moral degeneration / deep corruption games with gameplay (no nukige)

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I'm on the lookout for any really good corruption games I've missed that are RPG, strategy, management... not a VN or KN. There's a ton of Japanese RPGs, I know, but a good 95% of them are disqualified due to tired tropes, bad writing and crap localization. So I'm looking for the exceptions, and better yet any western games.

• Ideally something like Star Knightess Aura where the corruption is not just sexual but also personality, hobbies, clothing etc.
  • Any engine, any graphical style.
  • MC can be female or male (but has to be hetero/lesbian).
  • Ideally no rape or avoidable rape

Actually while I'm here I'll leave a list of my own recommendations.

- Star Knightess Aura
- Corrupted Saviors
- Accidental Mind (okay, it should have more proper gameplay than that if it's going to be text-only, but it's a very good example of going beyond just sex)
- Take Over (the corruption is rushed and it's light on gameplay, but it technically fits)
- Snow Daze: Music of Winter (again, thematically it's appropriate, but I don't want more VNs)

Looking at this list, it's clearly heavy on deliberate, targeted meddling with the corruptee's mind. Which I guess makes a lot of sense for deep personality/morality changes. But it has to be well done, certainly with a competent writer and fluent English.

Last edited:
Reactions: SillyHotRPG

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
I think you already know all of these because they are not remotely obscure games, but:
Selena: One Hour Agent (abandoned but with a lot of content, corruption doesn't affect hobbies etc. but it does affect wider morality and available choices, very slow burn, good English)
Detective Girl of the Steam City (complete, translated to good English but imho the American English clashes sometimes with the setting in London)
Long Live the Princess (almost complete, gradual mental manipulation rather than direct mind control or overall corruption, excellent writing)

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I think you already know all of these because they are not remotely obscure games, but:
Selena: One Hour Agent (abandoned but with a lot of content, corruption doesn't affect hobbies etc. but it does affect wider morality and available choices, very slow burn, good English)
Detective Girl of the Steam City (complete, translated to good English but imho the American English clashes sometimes with the setting in London)
Long Live the Princess (almost complete, gradual mental manipulation rather than direct mind control or overall corruption, excellent writing)
Well the first one put me off right away with awkward English/grammatical errors/typos, but if you recommend it, I'll give it a chance. I haven't really checked out the others, but I guess I will now, thanks.

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Im going to go unorthodox route and recommend modded Skyrim. To be exact quest mods that involve themes of corruption.

- Corrupt (or not) sisterhood of Dibella
- Get forcibly inducted into cult operating in a small seaside village. Where did i hear this story before?
- Underground city of Falmers, get enslaved and later on corrupted into joining this little happy community (warning the mod might be incredibly broken even for Skyrim mods standards)

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Im going to go unorthodox route and recommend modded Skyrim. To be exact quest mods that involve themes of corruption.

- Corrupt (or not) sisterhood of Dibella
- Get forcibly inducted into cult operating in a small seaside village. Where did i hear this story before?
- Underground city of Falmers, get enslaved and later on corrupted into joining this little happy community (warning the mod might be incredibly broken even for Skyrim mods standards)
Skyrim mods are definitely not a place I'd think to check for cerebral fetishes and character development, but I will check these out once I get the chance, thanks.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
After checking out Selena again, I have to say I was quite right about the English... it's really sloppy, there's something to pick at in at least every other sentence. But the game does have its merits despite that. Makes me want to mod the game just to play teacher and clean up the text.

Venus blood frontier?
I've been putting that off for a while now due to unavoidable rape + tentacles and the learning curve.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I´m sure you´re aware of it but I didn´t see it listed. Third Crisis checks a lot of those boxes.
Yes, I can definitely see the appeal in that game and it's undeniably well-made but the already hyper-sexualized society in it throws me off a bit and last time I played, I was annoyed at being locked into being dommed by Klaus despite not explicitly signing up for it. Granted, that could have been avoided using a guide.

jollyjoker27

Sep 4, 2020
Yes, I can definitely see the appeal in that game and it's undeniably well-made but the already hyper-sexualized society in it throws me off a bit and last time I played, I was annoyed at being locked into being dommed by Klaus despite not explicitly signing up for it. Granted, that could have been avoided using a guide.
Gotcha. Yeah, funny enough I think that part got re-written in one of the last few updates but I haven´t played since. Probably one of those that I´ll take another shot at once it´s finished.