HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
When the fuck do you see Chiaki's pubes?
She's the white-haired one who's scared of her brother. She was (and looked) about 12 until recently.
She got rewritten to be 16 and she might have big boobs now (I don't remember) but I don't think she has any nude scenes, and she definitely didn't when she was 12.
She got rewritten to be 16? That's still not even allowed as it's against ToS on Patreon and Steam as all characters must be 18+
She'll be +18. As the post taken from Patreon and shared here...
Here is yesterday's post.

Hi everyone, the subject we will deal with today is quite different.

I swore to myself when I started to develop Extra Life that I would always do what was necessary to be transparent with you. To tell you about my success as well as the failures I have encountered. Because don't think for a second that everything goes smoothly with every update.

We often encounter a ton of problems, the goal being to solve them in the best way possible. Today we will talk about Steam. Steam represents for any game developer the holy grail of the online store. However, it's necessary to think twice.

The positive points:
- Steam is strangely more permissive on the adult content, take for example the theme of "rape", as much on Patreon it is an almost immediate closure of page, on Steam it is not the case.
- The user base on Steam is about 130 million people. But I don't think for a second that everyone has activated "display adult content" but if 10% have done so it's still huge, much more than itch.io
- If the game sells well on Steam, it's the insurance to ensure the sustainability of extra life and to be able to offer more projects in the future.

The negative:
- Some contents authorized by Patreon (for the moment), are not authorized on Steam.
- Steam validation is not to be underestimated, it's much more complex than I thought. This earned me a ban.
- Steam, takes a 30% commission on absolutely all sales. As a reminder, Patreon takes about 16%, and itch.io is according to the will of the developer so between 100 and 0%.

The origin of the Steam ban.
I thought the ban came from using the term high school and dating sim in the game which implied minors. I guess there is no such thing as an 18-year-old high school student. The other problem was Chiaki, it's a character that was deliberately underage but had no lewd content (which is perfectly normal).

Steam refuses any representation of a minor in an adult game, whether there is content about her or not. As long as Chiaki is 12 years old in the game, Steam will never accept the game.

The good news is that even after a so-called ban, it's always possible to take the Steam validation exam by paying again the 100$ fee.

So here's what I'd like to suggest, forget the 12-year-old Chiaki and say hello to the new 18-year-old Chiaki instead. To keep some coherence in the story, Chiaki would be Minato's twin sister, extremely shy as if she was hiding a terrible secret.

The advantage of this character is that she doesn't speak much so I won't have to change much text. The last interesting point is that Chiaki is 18 years old and can become a lewdable. To finish convincing you, here is the sketch of the new 18 years old Chiaki. What do you think about it?
View attachment 1749330

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I don't even remember specifying an age when I wrote that post. I guess I did but i've no idea why i would have specified 16?
I guess most of the teen characters just look 16ish to me?

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
News from itch.io

1668877777277.png
Hi everyone, it's time to give you some news about Extra Life.

First of all, I would like to announce that Extra Life will never be available on Steam. We did everything we could, the name of the game has been changed, the main plot has been modified in the version I sent them, and areas that did not appear have been created especially for the Steam version and increase the chances of passing the validation.

Despite all this, it didn't work...

This news made me a bit depressed but that's how it is... I don't have the power to fight against them, they have the monopoly, and they can do whatever they want. So I'm going to concentrate on what I can do best, which is to continue to develop Extra Life, the name will stay that way, and there will be other opportunities.

In the meantime, Extra Life will remain exclusive on Itch.io, SubscribeStar, and Patreon.

Regarding the development of version 0.6, everything is going as planned, it should arrive in mid-December. Thank you again for your support, in the last few months I have noticed the first drop in revenue on Patreon and I can understand it, the 0.6 version took much longer to develop than expected. I will do my best to improve it for the next updates.

Version 0.7 will be dedicated to Yasuka and version 0.8 could be the return of Noriko ;) Take care of yourselves

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
News from itch.io

View attachment 2180196
Hi everyone, it's time to give you some news about Extra Life.

First of all, I would like to announce that Extra Life will never be available on Steam. We did everything we could, the name of the game has been changed, the main plot has been modified in the version I sent them, and areas that did not appear have been created especially for the Steam version and increase the chances of passing the validation.

Despite all this, it didn't work...

This news made me a bit depressed but that's how it is... I don't have the power to fight against them, they have the monopoly, and they can do whatever they want. So I'm going to concentrate on what I can do best, which is to continue to develop Extra Life, the name will stay that way, and there will be other opportunities.

In the meantime, Extra Life will remain exclusive on Itch.io, SubscribeStar, and Patreon.

Regarding the development of version 0.6, everything is going as planned, it should arrive in mid-December. Thank you again for your support, in the last few months I have noticed the first drop in revenue on Patreon and I can understand it, the 0.6 version took much longer to develop than expected. I will do my best to improve it for the next updates.

Version 0.7 will be dedicated to Yasuka and version 0.8 could be the return of Noriko ;) Take care of yourselves
What did steam even take issue with?
I get the age-stuff, but why did they dislike the name or demand new areas?

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
What did steam even take issue with?
I get the age-stuff, but why did they dislike the name or demand new areas?
I'm sorry for RNGeusEX too... Perhaps the censors are too "sensitive" :unsure: and they find some things that implied breaking rules as offensive, an example could be whatever Noriko was seeing in her computer when MC enter first time, by looking the description that imply incest, and if this matter is prohibit by the censors of Steam, then for that lil issues a game could be rejected.

RNGeusEX

Goodbye Eternity
Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
The game was banned the first time I proposed it on steam, the problem came from a character who was not 18 years old (even if there was no nsfw content about her), the second problem came from the choice of tag I used for steam "dating sim"

dating sim + highschool = ban

Even after increasing the age of chiaki and redoing the sprite, even after changing the translation, even after correcting the tag, even after changing the name of the game.

Steam remains fixed on its first opinion, a ban is a ban and it is final, no matter that the game is now acceptable

This will serve as a lesson for my next game

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
I'm sorry for RNGeusEX too... Perhaps the censors are too "sensitive" :unsure: and they find some things that implied breaking rules as offensive, an example could be whatever Noriko was seeing in her computer when MC enter first time, by looking the description that imply incest, and if this matter is prohibit by the censors of Steam, then for that lil issues a game could be rejected.
steam doesn't care about incest bro there are several games on steam that contain incest

Nickly

Mar 25, 2019
The game was banned the first time I proposed it on steam, the problem came from a character who was not 18 years old (even if there was no nsfw content about her), the second problem came from the choice of tag I used for steam "dating sim"

dating sim + highschool = ban

Even after increasing the age of chiaki and redoing the sprite, even after changing the translation, even after correcting the tag, even after changing the name of the game.

Steam remains fixed on its first opinion, a ban is a ban and it is final, no matter that the game is now acceptable

This will serve as a lesson for my next game
Will you be undoing the Chiaki model change?

4.00 star(s) 182 Votes