Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
hi mate

Are the models in this game easy girls or hard girls ( or lady ) ? I mean, do they have necessary resistance or do they quickly accept an emotional or sexual relationship with MC? I hope they have sufficient and necessary resistance

Accepting handjob quickly is not a problem, but vaginal sex and anal sex should be accepted late or very late
They lean on the easy side, for circumstantial reasons. Spoiler ahead:
  1. One's been crushing on MC's best friend and was emotionally devastated when he said she's "ugly" and" not interested in tomboys."
  2. One has trauma related to romantic relationships/sex and implicitly trusts the MC because she's been his legal guardian for years.
  3. Ditto for tsundere daughter that only eases up because he looks out for her mom. (No actual sex scene with this one yet)
  4. One's been into MC since before the game even began.
  5. One's MC's best friend's sis and presumably knows her already. ( no scenes yet)
and that's all the obvious romantic choices so far.

Mar 11, 2021
They lean on the easy side, for circumstantial reasons. Spoiler ahead:
  1. One's been crushing on MC's best friend and was emotionally devastated when he said she's "ugly" and" not interested in tomboys."
  2. One has trauma related to romantic relationships/sex and implicitly trusts the MC because she's been his legal guardian for years.
  3. Ditto for tsundere daughter that only eases up because he looks out for her mom. (No actual sex scene with this one yet)
  4. One's been into MC since before the game even began.
  5. One's MC's best friend's sis and presumably knows her already. ( no scenes yet)
and that's all the obvious romantic choices so far.
i love this game

Nyarstot

Jan 11, 2020
I spent way too long on this. so im giving up.
Backup your loader.pyo in the renpy folder. then extract the loader.py into the renpy folder.
run the game and it will extract data.extra into a dump123 (stupid name i know) folder. close the game
then DELETE the loader.py and loader.pyo and put back the original loader.pyo or it will keep dumping the assets each time you load the game.
now you are free to browse through the dump123 folder.

PS: I am no expert, most of this is done by trial and error, so whilst it works for me, i can't be sure if i messed anything up. the images worked fine but im still having problems with the rpyc files.
This solution doesn't work in game version 0.7.9 (at least in my case). So I wrote this little .extra archive extractor based on quote commentary, feel free to use it if anyone need to. Doesn't need to do something in game folder, just download the extractor and run it.

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Has the game changed a lot in the tone of the story? i remember it being pretty grim quite a while ago.
Just the start is intense (and too intense too early into the game, if I'm being honest). But Mc's starts getting laid, life starts to pick up for (mostly) unrelated reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: Doom Marine

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Just the start is intense (and too intense too early into the game, if I'm being honest). But Mc's starts getting laid, life starts to pick up for (mostly) unrelated reasons.
I think I said this back when I first start playing the game but it's dark for the sake of being dark and not logically dark.
The more we learn about the people in the story's circumstances, the more the MC's past life makes less and less sense. A lot of that stuff shouldn't have happened.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sadly this is achieved by not fully having the story written out (and examined) before proceeding. There's a lot of plot holes and logic gaps. Another thing that you talked about is the story progression, this is a linear VN trying to have elements of a route based dating sim....and it doesn't quite work well.
In classic dating sims, going down different routes changes the story dramatically. From the personalities of the heroines to the challenges faced by of the MC. This is why flags are important, using Chiaki as an example in a classic dating sim, you either help her NOW or she forever becomes unattainable in that playthrough because their lives are still happening even when the MC isn't around. A harem route based approach to a linear story VN just can't work unless you've thought out the whoooooole entire story beforehand.

Still a great, lovely game and I have fun with it. But the more it's updated, the more those glaring problems surface.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I think I said this back when I first start playing the game but it's dark for the sake of being dark and not logically dark.
The more we learn about the people in the story's circumstances, the more the MC's past life makes less and less sense. A lot of that stuff shouldn't have happened.

Sadly this is achieved by not fully having the story written out (and examined) before proceeding. There's a lot of plot holes and logic gaps. Another thing that you talked about is the story progression, this is a linear VN trying to have elements of a route based dating sim....and it doesn't quite work well.
In classic dating sims, going down different routes changes the story dramatically. From the personalities of the heroines to the challenges faced by of the MC. This is why flags are important, using Chiaki as an example in a classic dating sim, you either help her NOW or she forever becomes unattainable in that playthrough because their lives are still happening even when the MC isn't around. A harem route based approach to a linear story VN just can't work unless you've thought out the whoooooole entire story beforehand.

Still a great, lovely game and I have fun with it. But the more it's updated, the more those glaring problems surface.
I agree for the most part. A lot of what was said I also talked about in an earlier post.

I think the issue boils down to the dev not having quite figured out how they wanted the story to go down until they started actually writing it. The stuff that's been released feels a lot like a first or second draft rather than a final draft.

Reactions: DatWanGai

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023

I agree for the most part. A lot of what was said I also talked about in an earlier post.

I think the issue boils down to the dev not having quite figured out how they wanted the story to go down until they started actually writing it. The stuff that's been released feels a lot like a first or second draft rather than a final draft.
A lot of the writing problems with this game are not necessarily that the dev didn't know where the story was going to go when they started writing it, as much as they didn't care enough about the story they started writing to stick to it. All long form stories are written piecemeal by necessity, so the story being incomplete before implementation doesn't really explain the inconsistencies here. The dev seemed to have a strong vision for the kind of game they wanted to create before deciding to try and get it on Steam. The game went through one name change and two story overhauls and tonal shifts as the dev made changes hoping for the game to be accepted onto the Steam store. If you go by a two or three sentence summary, it's essentially the same game. But the first time I played Goodbye Eternity I didn't know about the name change yet and my initial thought was that someone had stolen the art and setup from the original game, because it felt so different to play. But there are echoes of both of the previous versions of the story still in the game, which is what is causing a lot of the inconsistencies. The dev was initially quite forthcoming with their plans for the game until they got a lot of backlash for dropping/changing "promised" and existing story elements while Steam cleaning the game, so it was clear they had a strong plan from the start, even implying (if not stating) that most or all of the story was already planned for both the main paths. Abandoning their vision is why the story doesn't make sense anymore.

I think trying to write a game that seems like it sticks to the summary of what the game is about without using the story they already wrote is proving too difficult. The person it's the hardest to stop stealing story ideas from is yourself. There are probably a fair number of instances where they get stuck realising they accidentally just rewrote something from their old story and just try to polish it up enough that it seems like it could fit into the new one. At least, that's the only reasoning I've been able to come up with for how often it seems to come so close in tone and content to the original game but by accident. Sometimes it seems like they gave themself a writing prompt of their old story premise, but they have to write an entirely new story based on that prompt, but the original story is still swimming around in the back of their mind and keeps spilling out onto the pages despite their best efforts

Big_Schwanz

Feb 18, 2019
the artwork is great, there could be a bit more character sheets ( i mean these poses during dialogue).

the story is a bit hard to follow since 6.9

Sauzcy

Sep 11, 2023
Will we have option to reject LI's in the future , especially Sakuya and Yasuka

It seems we can do it only to one of them(the one wit a rejected path):unsure:

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 170 Votes