bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
They don't need to figure out how to "decompile" anything to extract the images already. The people saying that's a motivation again don't have a clue what they're talking about. Godot just puts everything into a single file. A built-in option in Godot is to encrypt the PCK/project files and they haven't even done that. You just need tools for working with Godot projects, all easily available from GitHub with a Google search. I've already got the full project open in the Godot editor and I had to put zero work into deobfuscation.
You sure about that? cause these "images" aren't readable. quite a lot of effort required to simply get an image. more than renpy. (the superior engine for VNs XD )

1719650745442.png

Unless maybe, you don't want people to easily access it, like renpy, or find the cheat code easily, also like renpy.

Now, there's gonna be a modder that does. But why should the player be punished for it, with an inferior product? that is twice the download size? (there isn't twice the amount of content :| )

Just shows, imo, the dev cares more about their money, than respecting their supporters time (and money). (and I know time isn't respected because you have to restart the game XD )
Not something I have to care about though, that's on the supporters.

rukazer

Jun 14, 2017
game crashes every few minutes if you dont lower graphics or if u use the skip button. Also my save got corrupted with overlapped scenes from the restaurant and the park

UrMomis5738

Nov 27, 2020
game crashes every few minutes if you dont lower graphics or if u use the skip button. Also my save got corrupted with overlapped scenes from the restaurant and the park
Download the patch update. I think that fixes some of your problems.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Somewhere in user://. So in %APPDATA% on Windows or ~

I'm sure, and so are you. I mean you had to purposely sort by extension and crop the screenshot to hide the images to make things look bad for some reason. Why do that?
Nice little conspiracy there dude.

There are no image files... only OGV, and those. and the ogv's are unreadable.

Also the sorting was the default XD

Did you even bother to check the game files yourself first before spouting that shit?

edit: and some .ctex files.

edit2: new image for you
1719651867442.png

edit 3: another for thee.
1719651938204.png

RNGeusEX

Goodbye Eternity
Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Many people won't understand the decision to switch from Renpy to Godot, and I can understand that at first glance: it's less stable, it crashes and so on.

But that's just for now, we're going to do our utmost to make our game more stable.

To make a small comparison, if we were in a VN, staying on Renpy would lead to a bad ending, while switching to Godot would lead to a good ending.

Give us a little time and you'll see for yourself.

0.9.1 is up
Code:
# Goodbye Eternity 0.9.1 hotfix patch note

## Fixed

* Softlock when spying on the thugs at the dojo during Noriko's femdom storyline. Saves that were made while this softlock was active should be automatically unlocked upon loading.
* Crash when talking to Sayuri about Noriko when following Asami's friendship route
* Saves menu could be opened on the splashscreen
* Pressing the F1 key resulted in a crash
* Rolling back during certain events messed up the game's control flow

## Missing features

* Text speed control will be added in a later version

HailtoHydra

Jun 13, 2023
The previous engine was perfectly good for it's purpose. The new engine is incontrovertibly bad. I wonder why the developer shot himself in the foot with this change.

Reactions: Nelythia

RobotMenace

Feb 28, 2022
Did you even bother to check the game files yourself first before spouting that shit?
Well here's that same folder after I extracted the project...

Screenshot_20240629_100422.png

Yeah I bothered, and everything is viewable and not obfuscated including scripts, images, music, vids, scenes, etc. It's either a skill issue your end or you're purposely bullshitting.

Reactions: TotallyNotRune

LoneVoyage

Nov 22, 2016
The new engine **requires Vulkan support**
it seems i can't play this game with my old potato laptop anymore.

4.00 star(s) 186 Votes