Goldines

Apr 17, 2020
And then, in the end, for those who aren't happy... and who complain that they won't be playing the game,
I find it hard to understand. Pirates who don't play my game anymore.
Yes, belittle future supporters who might have found this game from here or supporters who are here becuse there are games that aren't sold for their countrys here.
Truly a marketing genius in the works!
If I stick to the definition
I don't think you know the definition, source:
1719779868137.png
Best of lucks to yarrr game anyway pal! Me mateys will be waching with low spectations!

htakara82

Apr 14, 2020
You don't "shoebox yourself in" by completing a VN in engine made for making VNs. It doesn't prevent you from picking similarly appropriate engine for your next project, if your next project happens to be something other than a VN.
learn 1 engine to do multiple genres, or learn a new engine anytime you want to do something different? .... what you're proposing is extremely inefficient.

Vega Cifer

Oct 3, 2022
Anyone else getting the sprite bug of Asami getting a second set of eyelids that are in the middle of her face? Not gonna lie that shit is creeping me out.

Anyway, I really like the art style of this game. Its a shame Asamis mom is locked out if you choose her love route on 10.0, but ill just use any full gallery unlock thing that comes out I guess.

As for this femdom situation guess I don't really find myself caring that much since femdom was never my thing. But it is kinda funny to see the drama on it. I can't help but imagine someone losing their temper cause their balls weren't crushed - no hate or offense femdom lovers. Though I do get the reasons for being upset

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
learn 1 engine to do multiple genres, or learn a new engine anytime you want to do something different? .... what you're proposing is extremely inefficient.
You're clearly not replying in good faith, but if you're going to go with "efficiency" as a reason then this is the least efficient way to do it. Throwing out 2 years worth of work to remake what you have in a new engine isn't efficient. Finish what you started then move onto the new engine for future projects.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
If you use generic engine then you also need to learn how to do (and then implement on your own) all the things specialized engines come pre-equipped with, and the generic engine lacks. So no, you'll have to learn extra all the time either way.

Reactions: beerpig

Microbaked

May 16, 2017
What I don't get is why people are freaking out about a developer switching to a new engine. You guys are downloading this for free. I'd assume most people here not actively supporting the dev, so really you're getting free content, and you're complaining about something that you got at no charge. Something you had no part in creating, yet reap all the rewards. If you are a patreon supporter, then you are supporting their development. If you didn't want to support the Godot transition, then you had a ton of time to stop supporting as the dev said they were gonna do it.

Unless of course this is some sort of outlet for you to hop in and just rant cuz you have no where else to do it.

As a side note: This transition to the new engine, didn't take anywhere near as much time as other devs took in recent history, as well as it has basically all the content that was available before hand, unlike other games in recent history. Some people need to hop on down from their high horse.

beerpig

Aug 12, 2023
What I don't get is why people are freaking out about a developer switching to a new engine.
If you don't get what people are complaining about, or why, perhaps you should actually read the thread, instead of assuming = making up shit like "people are freaking out".

You guys are downloading this for free.
Already addressed by multiple posters.
Long story short: both things that people are complaining about, here, are such bad decisions that even people who pirate the game are facepalming at the dev. (And at least one Patreon user. Check the thread.)

I'd assume
I'm glad that you outright admit that you're making stuff up. This means that you can be safely ignored as noise.

Microbaked

May 16, 2017
If you don't get what people are complaining about, or why, perhaps you should actually read the thread, instead of assuming = making up shit like "people are freaking out".

Already addressed by multiple posters.
Long story short: both things that people are complaining about, here, are such bad decisions that even people who pirate the game are facepalming at the dev. (And at least one Patreon user. Check the thread.)

I'm glad that you outright admit that you're making stuff up. This means that you can be safely ignored as noise.
It's alright buddy, I'm here for you. If you ever need a friend to talk to, hit me up.
In truth I haven't read all 288 pages. I have skimmed through the past few. It just seemed like some needed a reminder. As the excitement behind the engine change appeared to be more around personal perspectives. A lot of people also highly dislike Ren'py. So a lot of talk here comes down to personal views. The dev/creator of this game, decided Godot was the way to go for themselves. So that's what they chose. The argument to choose otherwise had sailed months ago.

PS: The term 'freaking out" is highly relative. To some, freaking out can seem like a gentle debate to others. However, that doesn't negate that the topic at hand is somewhat irreverent, as the dev will likely not go back on what they chose to do, as it could very well make it look like even more time was wasted to those already on the fence about the decision.

Last edited:

yuuki1896

Oct 20, 2023
I'm on the latest build no skipping but it crashes frequently, I'm playing it on phone with sd 870 way better than my previous phone which is sd 636. I miss the old build of the game 0.8 everything is great smooth etc

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
I'm getting a checksum error when I try to extract the game using 7-zip. I tried redownloading but no luck anyone else having this problem? I'm on a windows pc if that helps

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'm getting a checksum error when I try to extract the game using 7-zip. I tried redownloading but no luck anyone else having this problem? I'm on a windows pc if that helps
The game is already an executable file, you don't need to use 7-zip on it.

Reactions: Beodurr
Jun 6, 2022
the dude is probably insecure that people will extract the images, so he switched to a bugged out engine. Either that or he wants to be as unlikable as the dude who made winter warmth or whatever that awful game is called now.
pal Godot is not the "most secure engine in the world", it has no compilation, no obfuscation, at most it has encryption, but the dev didn't use it, in 5 minutes anyone can get all the images and source code of the game.

so the change had nothing to do with that.

PaladinF

Sep 4, 2018
Anyone having a problem with the game closing? Mine is closing all the time, I've tried updating everything on the PC, I've tried restarting, reinstalling, clearing the data, but nothing works

Reactions: shinohikari
4.00 star(s) 186 Votes