VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Goodnight Kiss: Sugar and Spice [Endings] [Dirty Secret Studio]

1. 3.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 3/5
    Its pretty decent and is pretty fun to play but still very vanilla and average, its pretty much a standard incest story where MC learns he has a second daughter he knew nothing about and apprently she likes sex as well and arent a virgin which is a bit meh.

Theres plenty of sex scenes but alot of the renders and sex scenes has pretty poor lighting making it to dark to really see much.

You can also go after a few other LIs from young to milf and one that looks more like a granny.

For the virgin/deflower fans theres really not much to come for, no blood no real pain it just below average.

Girls 3/5
    They look ok but dident find any of them really hot.

Animations 3/5
    They are at best average and some arent even that due to lightings.

Music 0/5
    Yeah its a silent game, to me it always makes it a bit more boring with nothing to set moods.

If your bored and like incest you should still play this one, it really isent bad but dont expect anything really special.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Jakalair

This game was a lot of fun to play through.
    The options didn't seem to matter all that much. I replayed it acting differently and it didn't change much from what I saw.
    It was fun seeing where the story was going. When we started introducing how messed up all these characters are it was great. Realizing this is a story about a run away girl, who's mom ran away from her family and these two sisters are discovering each other as adults is just silly in a great way.
    This leads to the characters being more complex than they seem at first blush. They all have reasons for what they do and true to real life most of them are bad. But, at least the story gets to the reasons that each of these characters act the way they do. Even the MC knows his need to "help" people is unhealthy.
    The models look good, but I occasionally got a feeling of that Genesis "Land of Confusion" video.
    I didn't feel like fussing with the mechanics of the game, and used the cheat option that was on the page. It's a failing of my moral code and I'm ok with that. There is no grinding as there is no repeated parts, but there are some parts where it gets a little confusing to tell when time will advance, and others it says it right in the choice's text.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Consistently_1nconsistent

As far as stories go this one is okay. Nothing special to set it apart from others of a similar nature. The models, as least for the two main girls, are a bit off. It's their doll like faces. At times they remind of you Chucky from Child's Play. The story is pretty straight forward. The endings you can unlock in the game were ... strange. In that, I literally didn't get any of them. In fact, the MC ended up with everyone but Jenny (the mother). I'm not kidding. He had a threesome with Tracy and Clover, showered with Amara, railed Nadezhda, and then nailed Cory. So basically a harem, but not The Harem ending? Fucking strange. Anyway, the majority of the story is on rails and not a lot of choices changes the outcomes. Just always make sure to do the morally corrupt thing and you're character will be fine I suppose. The Money, Charisma, Stamina, etc system felt largely pointless. I went with Charisma and Money every time to start. Seemed more important to be Rich and Charming. You know, like in real life ;).

Anyway, if you're looking for something to read that's mildly entertaining this'll treat you nicely.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

GustavoGanz

No matter what criticism comes here, I like the game. It may not be top of the art everywhere, but I think it's solidly made overall. There's no grinding, it's fun ... what more could you want.
    What I like most is that the girls are not the glossy top models. Some of the faces are a bit ugly, but that's what I find so refreshing ...

I think Tracy with glasses is so typical of "she's fuckable, if you have to, drink her up or put a paper bag over her head". :love:

So 5 stars from me and keep up the good work DEV. (y)
  5. 1.00 star(s)

rudmaier

Wow there are so many bugs
    started to play this game and it didnt matter where I start the game I always run into bugs that end the game
    I dont now if the dev never tried to play his own game or if he just dont care but these bugs are absolutely game breaking and it makes it one of the worst games i played so far
  6. 2.00 star(s)

cnmpower

Overall I would say that this game is between low-to-average.

-The narrative is a bit bland.
    -The MC personality is lame.
    -The female characters have great body, but the faces are creepy. They somewhat reminded me of Chucky.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Forgotted

The two main girls are pretty and have nice bodies.
    The MC is terrible in that he's spineless, has no character, and just goes around doing whatever he's told.

The storyline starts off well, given the problems that the mother causes, but later on the MC just sucks up to her, and lets her stay in his house, paying her bills/bail, and doesn't do anything about her meddling. Total wimp.
    He doesn't even do anything when she interferes with the girls, he pretty much encourages it which is opposite of what he tells the girls he's going to do and also shows that he doesn't really care for the kids all that much.

It's almost like a KN in that you aren't given any choices or decisions to make a lot of the time. The choices you do get, I suspect, don't matter much. In other words, you as a player don't get to shape the storyline much.

The textbox it large and distracting and should, at least, have a transparancy slider under options. That would make a huge difference and would look really nice. Then you could see the girls' bodies without having to hide the textbox every time.
    As others mention, renaming the characters doesn't seem to work. They use their own names for others, use different names for the MC sometimes, etc. It's annoying.
    You don't really know if the stats do anything.... As far as money, the MC has a job but doesn't seem to get paid.

For all the MC's shortcomings, most girls want to have sex with him immediately. Some don't even seem to talk to him much but just want sex.

Would def give it a 1.5 star if that were an option but sorry... The story needs some excitement and a way for the player to feel involved. Hopefully it will get better.

Sorry, I know this isn't a very good review, but it's also not a very good game.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

I'd like to give this 2.5. I don't hate it but there's a lot of downsides:

- the UI is way way way too bright and the bright chat part hides most of the scenes
    - all of the faces are hideously ugly in a way you cannot tell from the screenshots
    - all of your 'love interests' have mens hair
    - every time you glimpse your own arm you have dead necrosi-black corpse skin
    - one of the girls throws themselves at you instantly
    - Stamina is a bs mechanic
    - Renaming yourself doesnt work, it's hardcoded in most places

It's propped up a bit by:
    - not the worst writing (it's not good, but vn writing can be way worse)
    - the bodies are nice, ignoring the heads
    - the rest of the skill system is interesting (though it doesnt work particularly well)
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

I can't recommend it, in my opinion its kind of messy and slightly grindy. The scenes are not good anyway, and the main character kind of looks like a corpse.
    Girls are not exactly pretty, more like the opposite and the game doesnt have something that stands out and makes me want to play it.

Maybe the gameplay is interesting, cause you can approach scenes with different stats, but I havent played enough or checked to see if there are differences between one or another.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

kameohawk

rated against v3.1

There's potential here. I mean, it's a rough game, it really could do with some polish; The graphics can be a bit odd, a few bugs here and there but all in all it's a fun wee game and there's nothing in here which is a deal breaker or something that'd make you just roll your eyes and quit on it..

The plot's pretty standard. It's one of those games which is obviously built with the MC and the cast having a particular relationship in mind but is built to avoid any issues with funding so you can switch it about but I found it kinda clunky. It's better just to straight up play it as it comes out the box as opposed to going in and trying to make sure all the changed relationships match up.

But as I said, nothing that doesn't suggest that with a few more updates it couldn't go from strength to strength.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3589835

Great game! Graphics are good and the plot is perfect for shenanigan's however, the introduction of the stats like stealth and money definitely seemed more of a hindrance then a positive. I also have no way of knowing how to raise the money as well. I can understand lust and love points but the rest seems like an unnecessary attempt to be grindy
  12. 4.00 star(s)

cloudmoon

I'd give this something like a 3.7 or 3.8 if I could, but I feel it's decent enough to get the bump. TLDR - It's nothing amazing, but it's a fun, simple game that's decently placed. It's also a great improvement over the last game I played by the dev which was fully of bugs.

The best thing I can say for this game is that it doesn't waste your time. From the very beginning it feels like the story is moving and you have the chance to unlock some interesting scenes within less than 30 mins of play.

Graphics: 3.5/5 - the girls are mostly cute, but the faces aren't the best I've ever seen. Nothing offensive, but also not what I usually go for. The bodies are nice. The renders and animations are above par.

Story : 3.8/5 - It's familiar territory, but also a little interesting. The second girl you meet has issues and I'm curious to see how that ties into the game's morality system.

Gameplay: 4/5 - I like what the dev is doing. There's practically no grind to get stats, but the choices you make in relation to those stats do affect what you can do in the game. Some people might dislike the fact that it's possible to miss some content because of this (and usually I'm one of those people). But for some reason I don't mind the fact that my stat choices make me miss a few things. It's just enough game to be engaging, while still primarily being a visual novel (No clunky sandbox here).

Overall 3.8/5 - It's surprisingly decent. I think the dev has learned a lot from previous games and is planning this one out much better. It feels more focused and polished, and is a more enjoyable experience because of this. I look forward to seeing this continue.