RPGM Gotcha Gotcha Games' RPG Maker Unite Announced

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Not sure if people see that one :unsure::

Japanese Game Developer Gotcha Gotcha Games has announced RPG Maker Unite, a new installment in its series of RPG-creation tools. Built using Unity, RPG Maker Unite is promised to be the company's largest tool for RPG developers. The tool is planned to be released for PC and Mac via Steam and Unity Asset Store in 2022.

Here are the tool's key features:
  • Create RPGs without coding: With RPG Maker series' powerful command system and editable parameters, users will be able to rapidly create systems without any sort of coding knowledge!
  • Beautiful resources to make compelling games: Streamline your game development process further with our library of assets! From audio, characters, enemies, world biomes, and more, you can create a game immediately!
  • An enhanced Map Editor: Want to improve your maps further than before? RPG Maker Unite will also feature support for pre-rendered backgrounds and object-oriented map structures. Elevate your game's presentation with our new tools!
  • Featuring an established and versatile Database System: RPG Maker Unite, like its predecessors, will also provide a premade database that is necessary to create an RPG! It will include Character stats and classes, items, abilities, monsters and so much more! You can customize and add your entries to stand out!
620c7a3d0557c.jpg

620c7b4966694.jpg

620c7b99e0e2d.jpg

620c7bd798e92.jpg

EdenGenesis

Jun 6, 2019
It sures look nice but I still love RpgMaker games and we can still make same games with RPGMaker.
I'm also using GameMaker Studio 2 that I bought for MAC/PC games creation.
I just need to learn GML.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
It sures look nice but I still love RpgMaker games and we can still make same games with RPGMaker.
I'm also using GameMaker Studio 2 that I bought for MAC/PC games creation.
I just need to learn GML.
It's still 4 directional movement again which is quite a bummer (whyyy? it's 2023 :HideThePain:), which means also same collision framework all over again. And I don't want to brute force a 8 one again with all the implications. Sadge. I'm no coder but a simple image based collision layer should have done the trick, ffs.

Last edited:

EdenGenesis

Jun 6, 2019
It's still 4 directional movement again which is quite a bummer (whyyy? it's 2023 :HideThePain:), which means also same collision framework all over again. And I don't want to brute force a 8 one again with all the implications. Sadge. I'm no coder but a simple image based collision layer should have done the trick, ffs.

I suppose you can make it go in various directions, as is the case with many RPG maker games I've played.

Anyway, I'm not into FPS at all, but I do like some 3D games although I still like rpg maker games and the like which are getting better and better made, especially when they use mods.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I suppose you can make it go in various directions, as is the case with many RPG maker games I've played.

Anyway, I'm not into FPS at all, but I do like some 3D games although I still like rpg maker games and the like which are getting better and better made, especially when they use mods.
You can in a way, but solutions are bringing it's own new problems. More likely breaks one or more of these things: pathfinding, collisions, actor/event trigger, followers, mouse pointer, map editor (making use of TileD mandatory)... Depending on which road you take.

Main problem is how collisions (and pathfindings) works, as there is no half collsions tiles check within the engine (full, empty, and one or more of classic cardinal directions) resulting in 'eating' half a tile while moving diagonally. Long story short :

What you have :

Untitled.jpg

What you need :

Untitled2.jpg

Or implement a simple image-based collision layer. \o/

Last edited: