GPU friendly rooms

• Thread starter Deleted member 1063287
  • Start date

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The denoiser works wonders for low light scenes where those fireflies just don't want to go away otherwise. Also as others have mentioned, hide or delete all objects that are not visible in the camera and use scene optimizer to reduce the res of objects that don't need to be 8k or 4k or whatever. I tend to reduce environment objects to 1-2k and leave my characters at max res. I also find that mirrors and other reflective surfaces tend to increase render times so avoid those unless it's important to the scene.

It also helps to try to simplify the lighting. If you have a ton of different lights in a room, that increases render times. Better to just have 2 or 3 lights specifically for the scene you're rendering. A great hack for lighting that others have mentioned for scenes that are supposed to be well lit is to remove the wall behind the camera or the ceiling or floor if they're not visible in the shot. If the scene is supposed to be a low light scene then I will usually use a spotlight and a point light or 2.

I render ona 1050Ti so I've spent a LOT of time optimzing to squeeze things under the 4GB mark. I so need to upgrade...

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter020