Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Grandma's House - Walkthrough + Music Mod[v0.16a/v0.37a/v0.53/v0.57] [KoGa3]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Mar 17, 2020
What's wrong? It's been like 15 minutes. Where's the update?

for those that don't understand sarcasm: THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY A JOKE!

thx in advance for the update take your time

Reactions: Moonie1369

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
wow. game has been updated and the mod is still only .12b? modder really should hurry. btw that was sarcasm. I'd rather have a working mod than 20 exception errors in a row. you lazy bastards can wait awhile

Gman4672

Aug 6, 2018
Yeah you don't need the mod for anything unless you want it for the music. This update there is no choices you need to make.

Reactions: misharapp

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I can't believe how angry some people got when I said something sarcastic. I'm actually tell other people to be patient when it comes to modders

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020

Optional:
If needed here are saves at the beginning of each game chapter (1-13)
(on save page 1-3)
I have no idea what causes it, but every friggin update I've to start from scratch again because none of my old saves work, every single one I try always gives me the same friggin "Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?" error... even the ones from above :unsure:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I have no idea what causes it, but every friggin update I've to start from scratch again because none of my old saves work, every single one I try always gives me the same friggin "Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?" error... even the ones from above :unsure:
That's definitely strange. I tried above saves on almost avery combination I can think of (full game download without Mod, compressed version without Mod, both with the WT Mod, both with the AudioWT Mod, my Android port with integrated Mod), and every one of the 13 saves worked. I unfortunately have no clue why it's not working for you.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I unfortunately have no clue why it's not working for you.
Me neither, it's been behaving like this since the last 4 or 5 releases and it's getting annoying. If it were any other game I'd had thrown the towel by now.
Assuming you used a version with only your mod added, I just did a test run with a virgin copy, added the mod, copied your save files into the saves folder and wham... same error again for beginning of v13. the save for v0.1 doesn't give me the error but instead of the airplane screen it starts at the name question. The only save that actually worked was for v0.2. But it gets even weirder, trying to load the save for v0.10 throws me straight back into the menu screen (the one you get after having loaded/started a game)

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Me neither, it's been behaving like this since the last 4 or 5 releases and it's getting annoying. If it were any other game I'd had thrown the towel by now.
Assuming you used a version with only your mod added, I just did a test run with a virgin copy, added the mod, copied your save files into the saves folder and wham... same error again for beginning of v13. the save for v0.1 doesn't give me the error but instead of the airplane screen it starts at the name question. The only save that actually worked was for v0.2. But it gets even weirder, trying to load the save for v0.10 throws me straight back into the menu screen (the one you get after having loaded/started a game)
You didn't by chance add the Incest patch from the OP and then apply the mod with his Incest patch to the game as well ?
If this issue has been happening for a while, what i would do is go and delete all saves including the persistent file in C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/Renpy/name_of_game/, in case something in the persistent file is messed up (could be game/script code that changed along the way and changed some variables/flags etc which broke the saves), then create a clean extracted folder of the game (do not overwrite an old update folder) then extract ONLY KoGa3's mod, and see how you go.
I'm betting a clean playthrough with all old saves/persistent file deleted will most likely fix the issue going forward

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
If you still want here the test version I've used for my check (the compressed game with the WT Mod + the saves): . But as Hellster said above delete the persisten file in the Windows AppData folder before using it.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
You didn't by chance add the Incest patch from the OP and then apply the mod with his Incest patch to the game as well ?
If this issue has been happening for a while, what i would do is go and delete all saves including the persistent file in C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/Renpy/name_of_game/, in case something in the persistent file is messed up (could be game/script code that changed along the way and changed some variables/flags etc which broke the saves), then create a clean extracted folder of the game (do not overwrite an old update folder) then extract ONLY KoGa3's mod, and see how you go.
I'm betting a clean playthrough with all old saves/persistent file deleted will most likely fix the issue going forward
Never used the separate incest patch from the op. Koga's mod and nothing else from the start.
Installing a clean version in a new empty folder is exactly what I did, in fact that is what I always do. I never install over a previous release since I always remove a game after playing . Even changed the options script to store saves in a new empty folder.

If you still want here the test version I've used for my check (the compressed game with the WT Mod + the saves): . But as Hellster said above delete the persisten file in the Windows AppData folder before using it.
I'll try that when I get home tonight. Very curious if that will work.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Well now, this is odd... your version loads the saves without issues. BUT and here's the kicker... if I remove the .rpyc files (and also both copies of the persistent file) and let the game recompile the .rpy files... I get the dreaded "Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. ... " yadda yadda again and every save reacts the exact same way as in my own test version, v0.1 loads at the name question, v0.2 loads fine, v0.3-v0.9 errors, v0.10 kicks me back to the menu and v011-v013 errors...
So something happens when the game is forced to recompile the .rpy files which results in everything going nuts...
Sadly, since the jukebox mod version from mediafire comes without .rpyc files I can't prevent the recompilation... so I'm hosed either way.
Now don't take that as a hint to include the .rpyc files... since it clearly does not originate in things being unexpectedly present or missing in the save files... but I do find it weird that recompilation can cause this...

EDIT: Weirder still, even if I delete the .rpyc files that were made on _my_ system and have the game generate them again, all of my saves that I had to recreate again won't load either... so no matter what... every time a script file gets recompiled, my saves get nuked... major bummer... well, that's it for me... end of the road. GH is history for me... I'm not going to start from scratch again with every new release...

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Well now, this is odd... your version loads the saves without issues. BUT and here's the kicker... if I remove the .rpyc files (and also both copies of the persistent file) and let the game recompile the .rpy files... I get the dreaded "Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. ... " yadda yadda again and every save reacts the exact same way as in my own test version, v0.1 loads at the name question, v0.2 loads fine, v0.3-v0.9 errors, v0.10 kicks me back to the menu and v011-v013 errors...
So something happens when the game is forced to recompile the .rpy files which results in everything going nuts...
Sadly, since the jukebox mod version from mediafire comes without .rpyc files I can't prevent the recompilation... so I'm hosed either way.
Now don't take that as a hint to include the .rpyc files... since it clearly does not originate in things being unexpectedly present or missing in the save files... but I do find it weird that recompilation can cause this...

EDIT: Weirder still, even if I delete the .rpyc files that were made on _my_ system and have the game generate them again, all of my saves that I had to recreate again won't load either... so no matter what... every time a script file gets recompiled, my saves get nuked... major bummer... well, that's it for me... end of the road. GH is history for me... I'm not going to start from scratch again with every new release...
Oh, the rpyc files.... For me still a mystery what to do with them: should I include them or not in my Mod Zip. My conclusion so far: if a game has the rpy and the rpyc files already in their game download, I don't add them in my Zip. Otherwise (eg when they are in a rpa container) I add them.

I checked that now with the game here: if you remove the rpycs and force the game to completely recompile (which is always a very dangerous thing in RenPy) I get also the save incompatibility. Regardless if with or without my Mod or if it's the normal download or the compressed one. But when I add them back again from the game downloads the saves are working again. Seems here you must use the rpyc's delivered with the game, otherwise the problems.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Seems here you must use the rpyc's delivered with the game, otherwise the problems.
But once you replace the script.rpy file with the one from your mod, recompilation is forced... and I'm hosed again

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
But once you replace the script.rpy file with the one from your mod, recompilation is forced... and I'm hosed again
That should actually work, because then it's not a full recompile. As far as I know RenPy then somehow adds the changes in the rpyc files. Only if the game does not find the rpyc file it forces a recompile from scratch.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
That should actually work, because then it's not a full recompile. As far as I know RenPy then somehow adds the changes in the rpyc files. Only if the game does not find the rpyc file it forces a recompile from scratch.
That I wouldn't know... I've only gotten the SKD to get around incompatibilities for another tool I use with VN's if there's no mod. Still, most VN's where a mod does exist, they usually always come without .rpyc files, but this one is the first where it nukes my saves.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
That I wouldn't know... I've only gotten the SKD to get around incompatibilities for another tool I use with VN's if there's no mod. Still, most VN's where a mod does exist, they usually always come without .rpyc files, but this one is the first where it nukes my saves.
Well, normally it isn't such a problem. I can only assume that maybe here the reason for your issues is, that the main script has two variants. One without the incest and the patched one. And the generated rpyc from the dev maybe already has some "mixed" content in it. So if the game generates the rpyc new without the "base" rpyc then it's already different to the original one - and your saves are incompatible because of that.

But that's of course only a assumption. Also, since you are starting it from a SKD, the RenPy version is maybe different, too. That can also be a problem with save incompatibilities. Well, and of course my Mod with the script changes, too....

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote