Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Grandma's House - Walkthrough + Music Mod[v0.16a/v0.37a/v0.53/v0.59] [KoGa3]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
KoGa3 I've been expecting this to solve itself out, but, it's been a while, and I feel I need to say something.

For a few releases now, one of your music files, seems to break the playlist. It is playing along, then suddenly, silence, and the playlist doesn't recover. Luckily, it responds to being started again by going into the list and choosing one song to play, I usually choose the first one.

Also, this has been happening in other titles, not only here.

I wish I could tell you what file it is, but, I only take notice when it suddenly comes to attention that there's no music anymore...

Peace :)
Strange. I checked the tracks and skipped through them, but it worked without an issue. So the filenames in the code actually should work. I'll let the track list now play in the background for some time, let's see if one of the files is maybe broken/corrupted.

Edit: I started the game in the background for two hours now. First with playing every track in sorted mode, after that in shuffle mode. But for me it never stopped. Unfortunately don't know what is causing that in your case.

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Strange. I checked the tracks and skipped through them, but it worked without an issue. So the filenames in the code actually should work. I'll let the track list now play in the background for some time, let's see if one of the files is maybe broken/corrupted.

Edit: I started the game in the background for two hours now. First with playing every track in sorted mode, after that in shuffle mode. But for me it never stopped. Unfortunately don't know what is causing that in your case.
If it was something that only happened once, bah, I wouldn't care. But it has been happening for quite a while. Since I never touch the playlist, either to put on shuffle or not, I really can't help.

What I can do, is to put the playlist in sorted mode, maybe this will bypass the issue. Since I really don't care what music is playing, as long as there's some, this will work for me.

Thanks for trying. I kinda expected this to not be reproducible, because there was no one else reporting it. Ah well. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer and KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
If it was something that only happened once, bah, I wouldn't care. But it has been happening for quite a while. Since I never touch the playlist, either to put on shuffle or not, I really can't help.

What I can do, is to put the playlist in sorted mode, maybe this will bypass the issue. Since I really don't care what music is playing, as long as there's some, this will work for me.

Thanks for trying. I kinda expected this to not be reproducible, because there was no one else reporting it. Ah well. :)

One thing I can think of: If you load a save I force the music to stop. Even when the music was playing before. I had to do that in GH since I had an issue with the main menu music was always playing after loading a save no matter what, and only that track. Maybe the game's save transfer checking is causing that, but not sure.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

mvwxr7

Dec 14, 2021
First, thanks for your great work. I appreciate all the mods you do. I'm having a problem with the current update and not sure if it's my issue, mod issue, or issue with original scripts. On the Jamilla scene on day113, I keep getting [u'mom] where it is calling for [mcJamNick]. mcJamNick is defined but for some reason not calling up correctly. Any chance anyone else is having the same problem?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
First, thanks for your great work. I appreciate all the mods you do. I'm having a problem with the current update and not sure if it's my issue, mod issue, or issue with original scripts. On the Jamilla scene on day113, I keep getting [u'mom] where it is calling for [mcJamNick]. mcJamNick is defined but for some reason not calling up correctly. Any chance anyone else is having the same problem?
Can you post a save from that point? I tried to search that "u'mom" in the script files, but couldn't find something like that.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote