3.60 star(s) 9 Votes
D

Deleted member 220033

to whoever is in charge of upating the yiff party page could you plz update it as it doesnt have the 1.6 hotfix available

Reactions: Nacheny
D

Deleted member 220033

does the uploader for the yiff party site have a specific upload schedule or something, i am curious about it because we still dont have the 1.6 hotfix availible

SGGhostRider

Apr 24, 2017
Good explanation, that's pretty much it. After seeing how fragile this patch is I started focusing on the fiddler attack vector again.

Attached to this post you will find my GrowthRPG Launcher that will spoof the patreon response. The idea is that you put the GrowthServer.exe in the \X64\WindowsNoEditor\ folder, run this launcher from there.

Once you start the launcher, a system proxy will be set up temporarily. All HTTP requests from the check will now be tunneled through this app to spoof the correct data. The game will launch and you must now click on the Patreon button. An unlock window should appear. Click it and the check will be successful. The next time you start the game through this launcher, you will skip the button and it will go directly to the menu. When you are done playing press CTRL+C in the console to exit the proxy.

.NET Framework 4.6.1 is required to run the launcher. You'll also find the source attached to this post in case you want to compile or extend this yourself.

PS: the 0.1.5 version I downloaded still showed 0.1.4 for me in the menu. Bug?

Cheers,
For all the people that use this "Fix", BE CAREFUL, "it works" but in the worst way possible, it creates a temporal PROXY for YOUR ENTIRE PC, if you do not shut it down correctly, or the game crashes or something happens like a power outage the changes made by that program BREAKS YOUR INTERNET and you loose nearly all internet functionality, i just fixed my PC after "Alt+F4"ing the game and then lost my shit for 1 hour or more trying to figure out why the fuck i can ping any webpage and any ip and can use the torrent but can't login steam or any other launcher and cant navigate the internet with any browser... i almost was about to reinstall windows, the internet was not working no even in safe mode nor with any of my 3 internet adapters... then i remembered the last "strange thing" i did was executing that "launcher", and after executing it again(outside of the game's folder) it popped up for a second and fixed the internet... then came back here, downloaded and reviewed the "source code" provided and understood the "why"... --_--

l8rdude dude, if you are seeing this, please fix your launcher or take it down... it could screw up someone's pc like it did to mine, and that person might not be able to fix it...

Duskreaper

Oct 8, 2018
For all the people that use this "Fix", BE CAREFUL, "it works" but in the worst way possible, it creates a temporal PROXY for YOUR ENTIRE PC, if you do not shut it down correctly, or the game crashes or something happens like a power outage the changes made by that program BREAKS YOUR INTERNET and you loose nearly all internet functionality, i just fixed my PC after "Alt+F4"ing the game and then lost my shit for 1 hour or more trying to figure out why the fuck i can ping any webpage and any ip and can use the torrent but can't login steam or any other launcher and cant navigate the internet with any browser... i almost was about to reinstall windows, the internet was not working no even in safe mode nor with any of my 3 internet adapters... then i remembered the last "strange thing" i did was executing that "launcher", and after executing it again(outside of the game's folder) it popped up for a second and fixed the internet... then came back here, downloaded and reviewed the "source code" provided and understood the "why"... --_--

l8rdude dude, if you are seeing this, please fix your launcher or take it down... it could screw up someone's pc like it did to mine, and that person might not be able to fix it...
Holy shit Thank you!

Reactions: JOSHUAs9

l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
The system proxy will be reverted to default after closing the launcher properly. If you are unable to do that just go to your system settings and disable the proxy. Is that solution perfect? Far from it. If you have another solution to play the game without paying feel free to upload it here.

Cheers,

Reactions: ViviX12

SGGhostRider

Apr 24, 2017
The system proxy will be reverted to default after closing the launcher properly. If you are unable to do that just go to your system settings and disable the proxy. Is that solution perfect? Far from it. If you have another solution to play the game without paying feel free to upload it here.

Cheers,
I tried that before, i tried going to the proxy in my settings and it said its disabled so no further actions could have been made there, then i tried a bunch of console commands to reset all internet settings incluiding the proxy settings and none of them did nothing, that's the point, if the person did like me just go redirected to your post from the first page, downloaded your launcher without much reading or understanding of what he is doing, uses it and by some reason something happens and everything closes without the chance of it reverting back the only way to fix it is reopening your launcher... which is damn far from intuitive... at least put some warning with big bold orange letters and what to do if the internet gets screwed.

By the way, C# is very flexible, i'm pretty sure you could have used some dns redirection for "growthrpg.com" to the local ip and a REAL local apache server to do the same trick... without screwing all internet functionality :p

l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
How to bypass the Patreon check

UPDATE: For version 0.2.8H the instructions change slightly:

After launching the GrowthLocalServer there's no need to Login with patreon anymore. Simply enter something random into the key text field and press "Get Info" and you're done.

1623436720734.png

General guide:
Download the GrowthLocalServer, extract it to any folder you like (the .exe file in the zip archive is all you need) and run it. It requires and will ask for admin privileges in order work *. Once you started it a window will open that says Listening. At this point you can launch the game. Make sure to leave that window open as long as you play. While in the game click the big patreon button in the center of the screen and click on UNLOCK GAME in the next screen that shows up:

1593589545363.png

After you have done that the game will redirect you to the main menu and you are able to play.

Help it doesn't work!?

If for some reason you don't see the unlock screen or the menu won't show up make sure port 80 is not blocked by any application that is running on your computer. You will also need to have the .NET Framework v4.7.2 installed to run this software.

GrowthLocalServer will:
  • modify the hosts file to redirect all growthrpg.com requests to your local machine
  • start listening on port 80 and intercept all incoming patreon requests
  • clean up and remove the entry from the hosts file again when the application is terminated
The source is included in the archive, so go nuts and modify it to your needs if you want.

* Admin privileges are necessary in order to modify the hosts file and to listen on port 80

Cheers,

Last edited:

SGGhostRider

Apr 24, 2017
The attached program will
1) modify the hosts file to redirect all growthrpg.com requests to your local machine. Your system proxy settings remain untouched.
2) start listening on port 80 and spoof all incoming patreon check requests.
3) remove the entry from the hosts file when the application is terminated

It requires and will ask for admin privileges in order to modify the hosts file (non-privileged users can't edit system files) and to listen on port 80. I have not tested what happens when port 80 is already blocked by another application. Compiled using .NET Framework v4.7.2.

This application will not launch your game automatically. Do so manually after running this app first.

The source is included. Feel free to add bold orange letters to it.

Cheers,
Thanks for your time and effort you put in ^_^

And by the way, about the big orange warning text, i meant it as "in the post where the files are attached" not in the program itself, there is no need to go "that far"... :p

Sceptical

Aug 30, 2019
Ok so for some reason i get fucked up graphics. Like everything is colored purple and black (almost like the whole missing texture checkerboard except its not a checkerboard). I have no idea why this is happening but if someone could help that would be greatly appreciated. (Note: I'm using l8rdude's Local Server program and am also running this on a gaming laptop since my motherboard broke)

DrNoob

Jun 4, 2017
hey guys. I was here thinking. as it does to have a bigger cock and balls? 6679508F-2379-42C8-B2A2-7F08033EAC44_u18chan_u18chan.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 220033

DrNoob get ego potions after beating lich and then going back 2 potion shop after u use ego atleast 1 ego potion u can use the scaling options although just for a base i would suggest grabbing ten as there cheap and usually by then u will have a considerable amount of money from selling extra weapons and things

TheCatsPjamas

Dec 3, 2018
Link for 0.1.7
Not sure if current workarounds for the Patreon login will work or not.

DrNoob

Jun 4, 2017
DrNoob get ego potions after beating lich and then going back 2 potion shop after u use ego atleast 1 ego potion u can use the scaling options although just for a base i would suggest grabbing ten as there cheap and usually by then u will have a considerable amount of money from selling extra weapons and things
oooooooooh. thx man 6679508F-2379-42C8-B2A2-7F08033EAC44_u18chan_u18chan.jpeg

Kerenga

May 10, 2018
Well i read about how this Workaround works a few post prior and decided its not worth the Risk. I just subcribed on Patreon.
The Crash massage just says it stoped working and has to be closed. Thats all. Maybe its not compadable with Windows 7 or it has to be placed somewhere specific. I tryed to start it from the same folder the Game itself was in.

3.60 star(s) 9 Votes