3.60 star(s) 10 Votes

V-3

Apr 2, 2020
Wow, this place seems a bit abandoned now that the game is uploaded to itch.io

Anyway, in case anyone is interested, I've been able to modify parts of the game, such as:
Characters' (both player's and enemies') data, such as initial stats, items (including consumables), and skills
Skills' data such as power, AP cost, and damage scaling
Editing every dialogue in game as well as changing the response options
Changing each dungeon's enemy spawn list, possible item spawn

I theoretically could change characters' appearances, but
I'm willing to post more if, again, anyone finds interest in modifying the game to their own liking, though I don't know when I can come back here nor do I have a guide ready
Would it be possible to change the Beast in order for it to use a female model instead of a male one? I know it has a "unique" model, but if it uses the same system as all other characters it would be possible to change it to use a generic female model, I think. Don't know much about modding Unreal, but could get my hands into it

Reactions: JOSHUAs9
Feb 17, 2021
Would it be possible to change the Beast in order for it to use a female model instead of a male one? I know it has a "unique" model, but if it uses the same system as all other characters it would be possible to change it to use a generic female model, I think. Don't know much about modding Unreal, but could get my hands into it
Yes, you can make the Beast look like any other generic NPC model and vice versa.

As an addition, parameters and values of NPCs in the overworld aren't completely tied to the NPC uassets, but actually already predefined in the 'overworld.umap' file, which includes 'visual settings' for those NPCs. The structure is quite different, though sharing some similarity to some related files.

Wolfymare12

Mar 4, 2020
I unpacked the game's pak file and edited the uasset files with UAssetGUI. I wanted to make a guide for the whole process but I can't write it well enough to both make it easy to follow and make sense, but in short this is what I did:

-Unpacking the game files (any unpacker should do the work, but I personally use FModel and would recommend it)
-Editing relevant data in uasset files I want to edit with UAssetGUI
-Repacking edited uasset files as patch pak files with (I used UnrealPakGUI alongside Unreal Engine's UnrealPak for efficiency sake, not sure if it'll work with other UnrealPak you can get anywhere else)

All the tools I mentioned can be found . If you have other questions I'll try to answer it as fast as I can.
If someone masters this information they'll basically have the potential to create a better sizebox

Zalroth

Oct 28, 2022
Something I've discovered recently is that I can remove the pop-up for Patreon authorization. I've attached a rar of a pak file that made it possible in case you don't want to put in the work yourself.

This might work for future builds as well, but I can't guarantee that.
How Would I go about getting this to work with version 4.3?

Feb 17, 2021
How Would I go about getting this to work with version 4.3?
I forgot to mention that you just need to put the .pak file in the same folder as the game's main .pak file, which is (directory to game folder)/WindowsNoEditor/GrowthRPG/Content/Paks. This also goes to .pak files you create if you're trying to mod the game.

Nocoquista

Oct 16, 2022
I have a question, in one of the updates is mentioned about a weapon that grows with You, how can I get it?

WickToPlay

Jul 25, 2020
I go strictly according to the launch instructions, but the application automatically closes when the ports are open, therefore, it will not work out either

Snowgrave47

Jul 16, 2022
Something I've discovered recently is that I can remove the pop-up for Patreon authorization. I've attached a rar of a pak file that made it possible in case you don't want to put in the work yourself.

where do i place this file?

Red_V63

May 25, 2018
Everytime I use Dungeon Escape after going to the dungeon to defeat the Mad Chef, I start falling from the world infinitely. Is there any way to fix this or a way to no clip myself back up to the world?

Poobradoor

May 9, 2019
Newest version doesn't want to load anywhere except the main area. I have tried getting into the dungeon and the potion shop, but it is just an eternal loading screen.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Nocoquista

Oct 16, 2022
Newest version doesn't want to load anywhere except the main area. I have tried getting into the dungeon and the potion shop, but it is just an eternal loading screen.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Maybe switching to economy graphics would work otherwise reinstall

Kakkate Koi

Nov 16, 2021
Does anyone happen to know how to solve this?
Assertion failed: GetFName() == NAME_None [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/CoreUObject/Private/UObject/UObjectBase.cpp] [Line: 130]

0x00007ffce13e4fd9 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff772a77dc6 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff772a7bc98 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7727d2b9d GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7727359e5 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff772737150 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff772e5b065 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff775cc9323 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff772d5b52c GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff772c53872 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff772c53e46 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff776afbb4e GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7763b3fa8 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7761fe9ae GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7712712e4 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff771287b5f GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff771287c2a GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff77128a02c GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff77129b874 GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff777d5445e GrowthRPG.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffce1a67034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffce3a226a1 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Drakoona

Feb 10, 2021

How would you use this to bypass the patreon wall? I have no knowledge on this kind of thing

Feb 17, 2021

EDIT: Please refer to this for instruction
I forgot to mention that you just need to put the .pak file in the same folder as the game's main .pak file, which is (directory to game folder)/WindowsNoEditor/GrowthRPG/Content/Paks. This also goes to .pak files you create if you're trying to mod the game.

3.60 star(s) 10 Votes