• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Haley's Story [v1.1 Pre-Patched] [Viitgames]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Renonymous

Although incomplete currently (version 0.40), Haley's Story is a complex, emotional story with excellent pacing. The premise between brother and sister, in both their living and work arrangement, and their progressing relationship, feels endearing and organic. The sex scenes place emphasis on the situational and personal eroticism, developed through storytelling, rather than on the images and animations of the game engine.

One thing which some people may consider a weakness is that the story is railroaded more than most, including a forced, long term relationship with a woman named Sandra. However, there are options available for scenes and relationships with other women, including Haley--who is, let's be honest, the one we're all here for anyway. Overall this is a great story and I can't wait to see how it ends!

--Update for complete game below--

Some things improved and some things got worse since my last review. The railroading gets a lot better--you're able to break things off with Sandra and never see her again, and you're even able to get a thruple going with her cute friend. In fact there are a lot of romantic options and none of them feel forced.

The weakness in the story, and the reason I removed a star, is that this story starts to meander a lot in the later chapters. You've got this arc with Haley where something dark happened in her past and she's going to therapy for it; it's built up like it's going to be a conflict, but the resolution feels totally flat. You're always just sort of spectating from the side and nudging her to see a therapist as it gets resolved off-screen. Even worse, Haley's not really changed by the resolution at all, totally deflating the substance of this plot line.

There are also well over a hundred lines of dialogue that don't really do anything but establish Haley as quirky or cowardly. Maybe I'd feel differently if they were more entertaining, but once you understand Haley's (very static) character, these lines quickly stop adding substance to the story and just become repetitious and exhausting. Many of the family visitation scenes also fall into this category, I feel. Overall, the story adds a lot of content near the end that doesn't respect a reader's time or attention.

However, I still believe Haley's Story is an above average story on this site. Not a bad story for any patient reader looking for a slice of life love story with a few side options.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

dstarfire

What makes this such a great game is all the stuff between the sex scenes. The dialogue, interactions and relationships are funny, heartwarming, and relateable, even with the characters that aren't possible love interests.

Another thing that really stood out to me is the attention given to the girls' hair and hairstyles. Most other games, hair is just an afterthought, or a vehicle for the characters personality, rarely is it treated as an integral part of a characters appeal.

The characters themselves have normal human quirks that are there just to define and add depth to the character. Most of them have no connection to the main character or being attracted to the main character.

Don't let the humor tag fool you. This isn't parody or joke on the player. The comedy comes as friendly banter between the characters, and feels utterly natural.

Graphics wise it's pretty impressive. There's none of the graininess that's been common in recent games. The characters are all quite sexy, even without any fetish (except the milf interest, who looks realistically mature. Very well-maintained, and fit, but definitely past her youth).

The best part of all, is that this game has reached the level of support where the creators have promised to complete the story.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Vasilji

My 5 star goes to Haley. She is so cute, adorable and beautiful.Her face expressions so good.

+Haley is amazing: looks, personality, and chemistry with MC - all perfect. She might be my favorite female character from all the games I've played .
    +All characters have their own unique personality and story.
    +Slow pace, realistic story
    +Good renders
    +Good character development

- Unavoidable relationship with Sandra (I like Sandra, but forced relationships are a terrible idea.)

I think I'm in love with Haley ehm uhm. If you like slow paced story, you should play this game.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

PoisonousGas

The story looks really good so far.
    There are a few graphical improvements required ( Like that you can see the lamps on the door in the basement office.)
    Also the UI sometimes messes up and selects the other reply instead of the on e that you click on.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Cerebral

Nice and well written story, so far. Interesting and good written characters with inner conflicts and thoughts. Very good CG's.
    This game has a good balance between story, teasing and sex.
    If you're only into fapping this may not the game you want.

Keep up the good work.

I hope i have finally fullfil the 200 character that are needed for the Review. :p
  6. 5.00 star(s)

KoGa3

Wow, this VN has one of the best storyline and character development I have seen so far.
    For me it´s a must play. If you are looking for a well developed story, likeable characters,
    dialogs witch makes sense and are fun, this is it...

Tested: V40

pros:
    interesting story
    great storyline
    good character development
    very good dialogs (especially between brother and sister)
    girls are good looking and mostly natural - exapt some hairstyle ;)
    outstanding MC and sisters relationship development
    good render quality
    good animations
    ...and many more...

neutral:
    choices

cons:
    Some Graphics are too dark, you can hardly see something
    no audio/music

Conclusion:
    I rate this 4.5/5
  7. 5.00 star(s)

kazuni

I wasn't sure what to expect but this is deeper and better written than I thought. Characters act believable and graphicwise the models look great. A lot to like here, no complaints so far with the story (v0.40).
  8. 5.00 star(s)

michel.gellar7

More a novel than a game since there's a little to no choice and no liberty whatsoever... :/
    But let's say that this is THE BEST STORY EVER!
    So cheaty gameplay, okay graphics, but awesome storyline!

Could use more choices, even fake ones (already are), more sleepy scenes and maybe finally get some actual stuff even if I love the build-up pace ^^
  9. 4.00 star(s)

jc12

Haley's Story is fun, well-written, has nice renders, cute girls and a somewhat interesting story. The sexual tension gets a good build-up with decent content so far. One of the better VN's out right now and still going. Looking forward to the next updates. :)
  10. 5.00 star(s)

jackjack18

Actually I’m speechless. I’ve never rated any games, even though some of them are amazing. So let’s get to the point: this game is really outstanding. I’ll start from the dialogues... they are so real, sometimes you think “wow that is exactly what I’d say in his position”. Full immersion in the story, images are wonderful, and amazing for both romance lovers and “get to the point” (you know what i mean) lovers. You can’t miss this one, it’s not perfect, but sincerely, no game has been so close to perfection.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

bauman

My review is based on the 0.35 version of the game.

I view Haley's story as one of the "must play" vns right now. The story and the sex scenes aren't anything special, but the game shines in the scenes between the two main characters. There's a certain "authenticity" and maturity in the way they interact with each other and the world, which is something really special compared to the numerous other similar games with the incest thematic. The lack of music and being forced into certain narrative choices should be addressed, but the overall good impression remains. If I have to give it a score it would be 4.5/5, but since I can't the game gets a 5/5 from me with the idea I'll change my rating later on if things take a turn for the worse.

Edit: After update 11 (0.50) there's a quick switch in the game's narrative direction, that's very different to the original concept, pitched by the devs and experienced during the first 11 updates. I can't recommend this game any longer as I feel the story's progression has deteriorated, so be warned.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

tlefty50

I can honestly say this is one of the best written relationships I have encountered on this site. The brother and sister twin duo effortlessly switch between playful banter, satirical takes on popular culture and looking out for one another.

But underneath their sparkling dialouge hints of their desires erupt in a way reminiscent of Victorian era romances. Heaving bosoms, sidelong glances and Mr Darcy's tight jodhpurs seem to be the ancestors of this story. That the devs have managed to capture this with static images and a few lines of text is a testament to their ability. Kudos.

The story and other characters, while engaging enough, are really a support framework to hang the central relationship off. All the girls are beautifully rendered but, once again, it's Haley that steals the show. It's a game that I eagerly await the updates for.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Iron_chariot

Good virtual novel, for sure. Sexy atmosphere, Great artwork and a solid story make this particular title a must have. It's still somewhat early in the development and shows a ton of promise. Shame if this one were to be abandoned.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Tudor337

Amazing story if a little slow but the romance really works just wish the night scenes were a little bit lighter as it was hard to see. The models were beautiful and the scenes were well designed along with a great variety of meaningful choices
  15. 5.00 star(s)

PlayerSP

Great game!! Superb story, characters, details, animations

Really very happy to give this game a try

The story is about twins who fell in love in-spite of giving numerous try to not to...
    The story is very deep and if developer wants to stretch the story he can do it very easily !!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Red469

V0.45
    The Story is slow paced, it shows a brother sister that enjoys sticking it to each other, while at the same time caring for each other.
    It has Potential, However, there are a few things that really need addressing

The Good:
    Well written story, slow paced.
    The girls are for the most part really good looking
    The Sister, is very Pretty, her personality is warm and caring, even though she would like to come across as other then.
    The MC is mature, and is not portrayed as someone who cannot make a decision, or make up his mind, which is refreshing.

Now for the Not so good:

Now for something thats been mentioned: Being Forced into a relationship with Sandra... Really this should be a choice. As pretty as she is, some of us really have our preferances Elsewhere.
    She is Nice and all that But, if you got no real interest in someone why start something with them in the first place? Its Unnecessary IMHO

To the VN Dev I have this to say: Please consider making it a choice and any future VN's you put out, Make things like that a choice...
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Kajto97

I must admit that the slow tempo of the bro-sis relation is awesome. This Vn is really great and Im excited for the next updates. I wish all good for Devs and everyone involved in creating this little masterpiece.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

vegitex

The story revolves around character that is truly in love with her twin sister do he is bit confused about how others will react also his sis is also doing her best to take her heart away from her brother that's why she is making his brother indulging with other girls but she is unable to resist herself from going closer and closer to her brother the story have really good taste I can deny the fact that each girl in this game have her unique character and also a different and unique look also the story is a good feeling for all the characters in the game I personally had enjoyed the game very much and hoping to see much more progress in the game in future my good luck to the developer
  19. 1.00 star(s)

Alfred the Fallen

The writing is weak and the game suffers from a lack of meaningful player choice when it comes to dealing with Haley. You are given some choices that will affect side characters, but all the ones about Haley don't really matter in the end. Haley always has the main character wrapped around her little finger, no matter what choices you make.

This is a big problem because the game automatically puts you into a relationship with another girl, Sandra, after Haley encourages the main character to pursue her. But then, Haley immediately tries to undermine their relationship after she decides that she wants the main character for herself. So the players who like Sandra are annoyed that Haley gets between them, while the players who don't like Sandra were already annoyed that they had to be with her in the first place. So it's a lose-lose situation for everyone.

I find Haley to be obnoxiously annoying due to what is supposed to be playfull teasing of the MC but instead comes across as passive-agressive manipulations because, well... that's exactly what it is. Haley is selfish, conniving, and insufferably needy. So if that's not your cup of tea, then you best avoid the game because when push comes to shove, the MC will always turn into a doormat for Haley to walk all over.

Most of the renders look nice, but the night scenes are all too dark to see anything. There isn't much in the way of erotic content, but the half dozen or so scenes that are in the game now do have animations. Unfortunately, while those animations are smooth, they are also unnatural and awkward. So it's nothing to get excited about.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 435834

I am gonna go straight to the point:

Pros
    • Good graphics - The graphics in this game, for most parts, is good.
    • Sex scenes - There are a couple of sex scenes in this game which is a good thing, as a lot of games don't include many sex scenes until the end releases.
    Cons
    • Story - The story was somewhat interesting in the first few releases, but then it became flavorless and dull.
    • Sandra - She is a character in this game with whom you can have a relationship. I am not a racist when I say this but her character looks really bad, unrealistic, and her relationship with the MC feels dull.
    • Unimportant choices - The game has a lot of choices but most of them are useless and play a very insignificant amount of role.

CONCLUSION
    If you just care about the sex scenes in a game then you may want to try this one out. However, if you like some control over your story then this game isn't for you.

I would rate this game a 2.7 but that is not possible so I am giving it a 3.