VN - Ren'Py - Halfway House [Ep.10 - Bonus 7-8] [Az]

1. 5.00 star(s)

u z i

ep. 2

a VN i really enjoyed after quite a while. the set-up and story is fresh and unique. although it does have a hot 'mom', bitchy 'older sis', cute 'younger sis' and an idiot 'brother', i'm really glad it does not have any incest in it and honestly, it is not needed in this one. all the characters are well done with vastly different backgrounds and personalities. the interactions and dialogues felt really natural to me.

i guess the best part of this VN for me are the characters:
    Samantha-a hot milf(well mature lady would be more appropriate) who actually looks like one and not some 30 y.o. with extra large breasts. i love that she's flirty and not act like "oh no i should not do this...but i like how he looks at my ass".
    Ashley- who doesn't like a hot babe with tattoos(and piercings)? well i guess not everyone. anyways i would probably describe her as a 'free spirit'. she acts like a bitch but is hot af
    Emily-probably the cutest characters i've seen in adult games/VNs. she would probably be well described as a 'tsundere'

another nice feature is that you get alerted when there decisions will result in branching paths. that way you can save at those moments to replay later. saves you the time from playing it a dozen times to get all the scenes(if you're interested) or looking through a walkthrough(now, there isn't a need for that)

i really hope this gets all the attention it deserves, 'cause it has huge potential

tl;dr : fresh story, unique characters, worth the download
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Alteni

Great game ! one of the top game !
    about Story : very good story . 5/5
    about animations : very good i love it 5/5
    about scenes : perfect. 5/5
    amount of content : enough content to enjoy for very version. 4/5
    about dialogue : excellent dialogue . 5/5
    about the game :for me 10/10.
    about chars. : they r beautiful. ! ... specially Ashley :D . 5/5
    Note : just Perfect ...i enjoy with every dialogue every scenes ... this game will be one of the top games for sure .
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Catwashere

First off it has another punk/alternative type chick that is a slut just like pretty much all other games that use that type of girl, than her backstory is not to my liking at all
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    than the MC is not allowed to say if he likes her or not when you first meet the other guy, The other parts of the story is good and the renders are also good.

Story. 6/10 would be higher but the cliche of slutty punk girl
    Sex. 3/10
    Characters. 7.5/10
    Art/renders. 9/10

As always reviews and ratings can change with new updates.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

bluedrakken

probably one of the few games with character depth , there's few minor branching path but they all lead to the same pathing. lots of teasing not much sexual content besides a few nude and 2 jerk scene. overall i enjoy the game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 572051

Based on Episodes 1 and 2.
    Super solid game.
    + great characters with some history and depth, not your typical fuckdolls,
    + the characters are looking really solid,
    + interesting story about development of a dude with a shady past,
    + Luis is a cool thug dude, some kind of a highschool friend that makes the life interesting,
    + Ep. 2 ending was intense af,
    - the camera moving options is kinda weird so I'd take that as a downside.

Really looking forward to the next episodes. Keep up the good work, Dev!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

RandallSwift

Honestly one of the best looking VN games made in Ren'Py right now.

-Story is super engaging
    -all the characters feel real.
    -One of the best, if not THE BEST, looking Ren'Py-made game. Skins on the characters all have natural shine (if you've been around this site for a while you know that there are plenty of others games that have characters that looks plasticky like a doll or looked oiled up). And while it feels weird to say this, but this game also has one of the most realistic looking cum (none of that complete opague white looking half solid that's trying to pass as fluid)

-if there's any take away I'd say the dialogue can use some more proof reading. There's some typos here and there and some awkward phrasing imo but nothing that breaks the immersion
    -if eventually this game can adopt actual animation for select sex scenes that'll be fucking rad

Honestly this game has an unbelievable quality for being a rookie project. I can say that this is probably one of the few games that'll definitely be worth supporting if the dev keeps up the quality. I can't wait for the next episode!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 523324

This game is one of the most unexpected games so far this year, and is practically a hidden gem so far. The renders are practically god like and the nude scenes are perfect.

Art Style 10/10
    Renders 10/10
    Story 8/10
    Writing 9/10
    Characters 9/10

Why are you still looking at this review? Go "play" the game.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Cervixpunch

For a first release this is very well done.

Story- The characters make sense., the situation makes sense and it's decently written. The 3 women are all hot (Ashley in particular) and all in different ways, they also all have different personalities. It also looks like choices are actually going to matter. The fact the dev has limited it to 3 main women also means I'm not too worried about this spiraling out of control to the point the dev loses control of it all. I do hope there is other women later on in minor fuck scenes though.

Scenes- There's not many yet but what is here is good, the fact the scene has different camera angles the player can toggle is a nice touch. My overall feeling was wanting to see more.

Overall for a very first release you have something that's high quality, has 3 sexy women and is well written. Literally the only criticism I can bring is the relative lack of scenes. That said I cannot wait to see more. When/If the dev releases a 3rd episode if it's of similar quality I'm backing them straight away.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

ThunderRob

Rob Review: Halfway House: ren'py daz3d ,choices that matter ,content avoidable through choices,beautiful renders, good humourous renders for scenes,some yumyum scenes but no penetration scenes yet.intelligent legible writing with a great premise and story telling to back it up..you see the MC(usually a nono for me ) but he's cool looking adult looking and not scrawny..good variation in the dames..a sassy milf who likes the attention you give her..a wild out of control party girl with too much experience who wants to control you..will you let her or turn the tables? and a sweet cuddly waif who acts all feisty and tough but you know is desperate for a warm cuddle and to just be held by someone who cares...all in all it flows very well ..does not deviate into WTFery and keeps me immersed and enthralled..4.5/5 (i had to select 5 because half stars not allowed..HAHAA)
  10. 5.00 star(s)

justapervert

Gotta say i wasn't expecting this to be good, this is your generic episode story progression and multi-choice option however this game has place itself at high in its game play and story:

Game play: typical multi choice and for once a statues review for every episode when it ends, nothing out of the ordinary but doesn't displace itself when using originality. 5/5

Story: The main character doesn't look nineteen in my opinion but still enough to understand the protagonist perspective, for once i never actually skip dialog when progressing through the game, perhaps what captivated me the most was the characters, at first i didn't like the 3D models at first but i felt digressed by learning how interesting the their story are, not just the girls presented to the player but the npc as well. 4/5

Progression: ill try making this spoiler free but starting off the bat meeting how an npc react towards a girl will automatically tell the players that she is romance-able and done so humorously and the other introduction of the fellow house mates felt smooth for an introduction unlike other games where you meet them, they come to you with an impression of their personality, judging them by THEIR actions instead of what they mean to you as a player is very important to a character development and this game has done it well. 5/5

In conclusion i doubt anyone is gonna read all of what the fuck i typed so here is a short summary, try this game you will not regret it and i know this game will prosper so stick around for future updates.
    -Justapervert ^_^
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Rock N Rolla

This game has to be quite literally one of the very best on the site. Astounding and intricate graphics with an equally impressive script/story to back it up. Even at this early stage, the game has decent content and no. of pictures.I am loving all characters revealed so far ( especially Samantha .) and am simply at a loss for word at the level of CG this game has. I am absolutely certain if the developer stays consistent this game will easily become a fan favourite.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

3xtreme

For me, I can already see this becoming one of my favorite games because of great renders, good story (seems kinda original to me, which is always a plus), pacing is also good, it has a little bit of everything. It's only episode 2, so too early to tell how the story will progress, however, as I said, there seems to be a bit of everything for everyone in this game.

Overall:

Renders 5/5
    Story 4/5 (might change depending on the future episodes)
    Pacing 5/5 (Exactly how I like it)