Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Halfway House - Walkthrough/Gallery unlock/Cheating/Infoscreen [EP11aWT] [KoGa3]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Nocer

Apr 13, 2021
Updated the Mod. Since there were quite some changes in the new game release I hope all is working. The port will follow soon.
Mod works great only issue is in the scene gallery the MC's name is Sean and can't be changed. It doesn't pull the name used in saves.

Oct 27, 2022
Yes kind of a "crack" in the game, there is various types of mod(ify)s to a game, I use them mostly to guide my playthrough so I use the least time in a game while enjoying most the content I can (that I enjoy). There are WT (walkthrough) mods that give you hints and information on the game choices or that even able you to chose more than 1 choice so you watch more than 1 outcome (also a cheat mod itself when does that), there are gallery mods that unlock the video/image galleries or even add a gallery when the game itself doesn't have one. There are cheat mods where you can modify the stats ingame or variables, there are mods that add useful game settings and then there is multi mods that do 2 or more of those options like this one and the ones KoGa3 usually make. There is also audio mods that add additional music (KoGa3 also does that in some mods) or enhancement video mods that raise the quality of renders/animations. So basically something that modify the original version of the game to enhance your playing experience. There are plenty of different kind of mods, there are even universal mods but I avoid those usually, prefer use "Author" mods made exclusively for a game like this one.

Yes they usually add files or replace files in the game folder of the game but always better to read the installation information/tips of any mod you will use. Try always to read the features that a mod adds, in this case you can see all this information on the OP in the spoilers.

Edit: My favorites usually are mods like KoGa3 does. Multi mods, they are very flexible usually and it is always up to you what features you want to turn on or off. They are a must for me in any AVN.
thx very much really well explained, i suppose like any other "classic" game there's chance to impact game perf with various bugs or on the contrary it's pretty stable and happens very rarely, again thanks to guide me this

Reactions: pitao

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Mod works great only issue is in the scene gallery the MC's name is Sean and can't be changed. It doesn't pull the name used in saves.
Unfortunately that's a missing feature from the game itself. You could rename the mc in the replay scenes in my Mod menu. But it's not permanent, you would have to do it every time in the replays.

I check if there's an "easy" way to add that at some free time. But only if it's possible without completely messing with the game code and risk to get save incompatibilities with the main game.

Reactions: Nocer and pitao

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Hi. I gave it a first try. Here a test/beta version of the Mod with the MC renaming for the scenes replay.
Edit: added a fix for the quick menu issue in Ep11

Mod EP11bWT (~9MB)

HH_renaming01.jpg HH_renaming02.jpg

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: J.R.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
So just got to the part where the van shows up in the current update and I have lost the quick menu, it's just completely gone now.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
So just got to the part where the van shows up in the current update and I have lost the quick menu, it's just completely gone now.
Thanks for the info. Yes, that's a bug in the main game. In the EP11 scene Em showing the swimmsuite the quick menu is disabled, but not turned on again afterwards. I added so far a fix for that in my Mod test version linked above.

Reactions: Havik79

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Thanks for the info. Yes, that's a bug in the main game. In the EP11 scene Em showing the swimmsuite the quick menu is disabled, but not turned on again afterwards. I added so far a fix for that in my Mod test version linked above.
OK thanks, but given it ended like 2 minutes later not really much point worrying about it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote