Unity Completed Hana Exposure! A Blooming Flower~ [v1.04] [Flimsy]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
I'm chill, because I don't make ruckus about already known and fixed bugs and just waiting for 0.5 version. The bug in the post, which I replied to, was mentioned in earlier posts too many times and is already fixed, so I don't see any reason to write about it again and again - that's my point.

Would you be so kind and tell us your PC specs? I can't understand your complains because for most of us this game runs just fine.
It's just a notebook laptop, but it's enough to play most games on here. Typically, if it's 2D or a VN, I am more than fine and have zero trouble. If it's 3D and ANIMATED, shit gets bad, fast. This is the one 3D game I've ever gotten to run at all on it, which I suppose makes it pretty damn stable in comparison to most. Even so, a well drawn 2D overworld would both look better than simple 3D models AND run better. Imagine the overworld map drawn in the style of Hana herself, with that cute bubbly style the artwork has, and compare that to the simple looking 3D environments, and try and honestly tell me the 3D looks better than what this game's artist could do if they literally just draw and design the map themselves.

xumot

Jun 4, 2018
It's just a notebook laptop, but it's enough to play most games on here. Typically, if it's 2D or a VN, I am more than fine and have zero trouble. If it's 3D and ANIMATED, shit gets bad, fast. This is the one 3D game I've ever gotten to run at all on it, which I suppose makes it pretty damn stable in comparison to most. Even so, a well drawn 2D overworld would both look better than simple 3D models AND run better. Imagine the overworld map drawn in the style of Hana herself, with that cute bubbly style the artwork has, and compare that to the simple looking 3D environments, and try and honestly tell me the 3D looks better than what this game's artist could do if they literally just draw and design the map themselves.
Laptop doesn't say much, but after today I may know why you have a problem with this game and why my over 10 year old Dell D630 with Intel T9300, 4GB ram, integrated graphics and 320GB hdd crapped out trying to run this game. The bottom line is, this game (and every 3D game in that matter) needs a LOT of video memory, over 2300MB as I can see, and as old as it is, my Dell only has 8MB of Vram (BIOS doesn't allow to change that), so when it's full, everything goes to system memory (RAM), but again, it only has 4GB of it, so when that's full, everything else goes to HDD or SSD, and when HDD is slow as it is... you get the picture, right?
So, why I said I don't have any problems running this game? I have two desktop PCs, one with RX580, other with GTX1070Ti, and each one have 8GB of video memory, so... that may explain something... :whistle:

EDIT: now I'm testing the game. It uses about 2300MB of video memory when you start the game and walk around the village (?), but when you go into bar or pool (didn't reach bath yet), the usage of video memory goes over 4000MB or even 5000MB... that also explain something... :whistle:

Last edited:

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
Laptop doesn't say much, but after today I may know why you have a problem with this game and why my over 10 year old Dell D630 with Intel T9300, 4GB ram, integrated graphics and 320GB hdd crapped out trying to run this game. The bottom line is, this game (and every 3D game in that matter) needs a LOT of video memory, over 2300MB as I can see, and as old as it is, my Dell only has 8MB of Vram (BIOS doesn't allow to change that), so when it's full, everything goes to system memory (RAM), but again, it only has 4GB of it, so when that's full, everything else goes to HDD or SSD, and when HDD is slow as it is... you get the picture, right?
So, why I said I don't have any problems running this game? I have two desktop PCs, one with RX580, other with GTX1070Ti, and each one have 8GB of video memory, so... that may explain something... :whistle:

EDIT: now I'm testing the game. It uses about 2300MB of video memory when you start the game and walk around the village (?), but when you go into bar or pool (didn't reach bath yet), the usage of video memory goes over 4000MB or even 5000MB... that also explain something... :whistle:
Indeed it does explain something, the pool is BY FAR the absolutely worst load screen in the entire game, with the bar being second place. Bath probably won't be too high, the load screens there are surprisingly quick by this game's standards on my computer.

Bottom line though, 2D overworld drawn in the style of the CG scenes and character portraits would definitely not take THAT amount of video memory, so it would look better AND run better. Win win. Only problem is, Flimsy would definitely need to put a lot of extra work in the redo the entire map. Not sure if he'd be willing, or if he even likes the idea being suggested because it likely seems selfish.

xumot

Jun 4, 2018
If you could use desktop/laptop PC at least with integrated graphics that share system memory and have 8GB of RAM, you shouldn't see very long delay when loading an area, but those VRAM usage jumps from ~2300MB to ~5000MB in a blink of an eye is something to consider.

Prelude

Nov 3, 2018
Well... I wanna see road exposure of her. It's one of shame there are no situations of outdoors exposure. I recommand to use the field for her exhibitionism

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Bottom line though, 2D overworld drawn in the style of the CG scenes and character portraits would definitely not take THAT amount of video memory, so it would look better AND run better. Win win. Only problem is, Flimsy would definitely need to put a lot of extra work in the redo the entire map. Not sure if he'd be willing, or if he even likes the idea being suggested because it likely seems selfish.
Shifting from a 2D world to a 3D world... yeah, that's a no from me chief. The amount of scripts, assets and general settings that would have to be completely done from scratch or heavily modified is far too big, at that point you are better off just abandoning the project and starting a new one. I personally enjoy the 3D world quite a bit though, so I'll keep on rolling with it and optimizing it as much as I can so it's not as heavy on the player's computer.

I appreciate the feedback though.

Well... I wanna see road exposure of her. It's one of shame there are no situations of outdoors exposure. I recommand to use the field for her exhibitionism

v0.5 will have a some outdoor exposure!
View attachment 528346

lotta new content here, and it's cute as ever, thank you
Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
Shifting from a 2D world to a 3D world... yeah, that's a no from me chief.
Maybe you could just move the houses a bit closer then? (The inn in particular would benefit from being right next to the bridge, so it's the "center" building)

Maybe also make the bridge more "generous" - don't know how many times I got stuck - so that you're "funneled" towards it when you hold arrow up/down, and don't have to first change direction simply because you're off by a few pixels.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
Maybe you could just move the houses a bit closer then? (The inn in particular would benefit from being right next to the bridge, so it's the "center" building)

Maybe also make the bridge more "generous" - don't know how many times I got stuck - so that you're "funneled" towards it when you hold arrow up/down, and don't have to first change direction simply because you're off by a few pixels.
Agree with this totally. The 3D aspects add nothing to the game, so they need to be as friction-less as possible. I'd look at reducing the overall map size, the space between locations, and quick jumps between locations.

Reactions: NitroSM

CreamyDreams

Nov 27, 2019
I don't mind the size of the town or the 3D to be honest, I'm not speedrunning this game and I like to enjoy the walking animations. However it would be nice if the town was filled with more "mini" events, something like walking by in a short dress and bystanders being shocked would be fun. Then walking through town would add to the experience more.

Also I know it's a bit cliche but I hope Hana gets the opportunity to dance in front of an audience. Keep up the good work!

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Agree with this totally. The 3D aspects add nothing to the game, so they need to be as friction-less as possible. I'd look at reducing the overall map size, the space between locations, and quick jumps between locations.
It's kind similar to grinding in MMOs and such, some people love investing time into it and some people hate having to spend time on it. Here some people like the 3D world and some dislike it because it slows the game down.
The bottom line here is that unfortunately a game can never please everyone's needs.

I don't mind the size of the town or the 3D to be honest, I'm not speedrunning this game and I like to enjoy the walking animations. However it would be nice if the town was filled with more "mini" events, something like walking by in a short dress and bystanders being shocked would be fun. Then walking through town would add to the experience more.

Also I know it's a bit cliche but I hope Hana gets the opportunity to dance in front of an audience. Keep up the good work!
Oh yeah definitely, the town is far from done. There will be some events and small interactions within the town in future updates so look forward to that.

Any news?
Update v0.45 is going to add a couple mechanics and a tiny bit of content rather than just bug fixes, so it's taking a bit more time as opposed to a bug fixing update.

Reactions: Bakkalon

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
Update v0.45 is going to add a couple mechanics and a tiny bit of content rather than just bug fixes, so it's taking a bit more time as opposed to a bug fixing update.
Any time frame? I know you don't want to be too precise, or else people will get on your ass when you end up 'late', but you probably got a rough idea of when it will be out. Not to pressure you, but this game is one of the few I actually get excited for when an update comes, so I'd like to have at least an idea of when it will be.

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
It's kind similar to grinding in MMOs and such, some people love investing time into it and some people hate having to spend time on it. Here some people like the 3D world and some dislike it because it slows the game down.
The bottom line here is that unfortunately a game can never please everyone's needs.
With respect, that's empty relativizing. It is true of everything and thus says nothing.

As we have told you, your animations are excellent. Play to your strengths. Your strengths clearly include 2D animations.

But they do not include large sterile empty 3D environments... that's never fun.

Good luck

• Angry
Reactions: Bakkalon

AwooHarpy

Jan 27, 2018
Your strengths clearly include 2D animations.

But they do not include large sterile empty 3D environments... that's never fun.
Fun is subjective, and no one can speak for everyone's enjoyment of the game.
Personally, I think the environments are cute, and I like them. They might be a bit slow to go through, but I don't think that's necessarily the environment's fault, and if everything were smaller or more crammed together, it would probably look worse.

If I may make a suggestion, I'd like either the ability to control Hana's walking speed, or have NPCs that you can expose yourself to, simply by walking around. H.H. Works does that a lot, where by wearing a certain outfit, you can get little cut-in scenes by walking around, so there's something to do on your way to the next place, and it doesn't even slow your movement.

Azusa

Mar 4, 2018
Just wanted to test the new version, and... controller support is gone. Is that a bug?

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
If I may make a suggestion, I'd like either the ability to control Hana's walking speed, or have NPCs that you can expose yourself to, simply by walking around. H.H. Works does that a lot, where by wearing a certain outfit, you can get little cut-in scenes by walking around, so there's something to do on your way to the next place, and it doesn't even slow your movement.
There won't be a mechanic like the one in H.H's games with the walking around cut-in, but there will be some brief exposure interactions when you talk to town NPCs (v0.5).

Just wanted to test the new version, and... controller support is gone. Is that a bug?
There hasn't been any controller support to this day.

Reactions: BonelessSlayerUwU
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes