Unity Completed Hana Exposure! A Blooming Flower~ [v1.04] [Flimsy]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

TheByQ

Feb 14, 2018
I prefer choice. I "whine" personally when choice is not given. If it's an exhibition focused game, then leave that as the default choice, but give those who want the sex that option too in the end. Don't like the sex, stick with exhibition. Don't like pure exhibition then choose that option. Best of both worlds. It's more annoying when people try to gatekeep and then resort to telling others that they're just whining when both parties could be have an option of being happy.

It's really unfortunate the dev decided to not give the option in the end, and making me rethink buying. Oh well. It had such good potential and what I was holding out hope for before spending the money.
You choose the games you play.

Don't like pure exhibitionism? Don't play games about pure exhibitionism. You don't see me jumping into threads for games with sex and complaining that the dev should focus on making a whole separate exhibitionism route for me because "muh choice"

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
I've seen some people asking for saves and how to use old saves. Saves from builds prior to v1.0 are not compatible with v1.0+. You need to start from the beginning.

Personally I enjoy games where the exhibitionism leads to different acts of depravity, so I'm fine with how things have ended here. Good job, dev! Looking forward to more.
Glad you enjoyed it, look forward to the next project!

Happy to see you coming this far with this project, man. I knew this game was good when I played the very first version. Thank you for your work. I'll play this version as soon as I can, and I'm looking forward to more from you.
Next project is in the works. Look forward to it!

No actual sex scenes at all huh, damn this is just the perfect amount of blue balling and I fucking love it, looking forward for a possible next project!
The thought about it potentially feeling like "blue balling" never crossed my mind, but it's a fun way to put it. Glad you enjoyed it!
Yes, next project is in the works. Look forward to it!

So it's just a bunch of dudes jacking off? Man that group sex tag is misleading.
Whoever leaked it and did the upload didn't do things right. I removed the "group sex" tag, as well as the "lesbian" tag.

I'm curious to hear if anyone thinks it would be better for the "lesbian" tag to be added back. There are scenes of Mei groping Hana, and also scenes of Mei doing sexual things to her, but they are not sexually attracted to each other, and they are both straight. I feel like there would need to at least be some sexual tension between them for the "lesbian" tag to be justified. There's a debate to be had for whether it should be added back or not.

What a pleasure it was to accompany this game from its early version until now. Big props to the dev for the wonderful game he delivered.
Thank you for joining on the ride!

Good job game was really fun. (y)
Nobody could find any errors in 1.04^^
I'm excited to see what happens later. You can get more out of it^^. But the way you want to finish it, it fits ^^
I am planning on adding a bit more content throughout the game! More on this on the post over on Patreon.

Pretty interesting, added to the purchase cart
Thank you for the support!

Any way to fix this? Can't interact with this spot while trying to clean.

View attachment 2971184
If you could share more details, that would help me identify the issue so I can fix it.
At which level did this happen? Did the game freeze/hardlock when you tried to interact with the event, or can you still move freely even after attempting to interact with it? Does it happen even after restarting the game? Are you playing on Windows? Are you playing the windows build, or the outdated Linux build? You did start playing from the beginning in v1.0+, and didn't try to force load an old save, right?

WeebLoop

Sep 8, 2020
I'm curious to hear if anyone thinks it would be better for the "lesbian" tag to be added back.
Well, as long as there is actual sexual activities between women, it should count. But, if it's not prominent or the main focus of the content, I'd not leave it, since it's minuscule and needs quite the progress to get there

Basalisk

Sep 30, 2018
What a disappointing ending. I'm not saying that I needed actual sex scenes, but repeating the same scenes four or five times and then just doing them again with another set of hands for the ending just took me out of it. What a shame that a great game that took four years to make ends with just a bunch of recycling. I guess there's a point where a developer just wants to finish the damn game though.

Lollert

Jun 12, 2017
If you could share more details, that would help me identify the issue so I can fix it.
At which level did this happen? Did the game freeze/hardlock when you tried to interact with the event, or can you still move freely even after attempting to interact with it? Does it happen even after restarting the game? Are you playing on Windows? Are you playing the windows build, or the outdated Linux build? You did start playing from the beginning in v1.0+, and didn't try to force load an old save, right?
Level 1 (should have been 2). Game didn't freeze, I could freely move around, I just couldn't interact with the marker. It didn't happen after restarting the game. Windows, newest version, fresh game. Went away when I loaded save.

I think it was related to me not correctly increasing level. I got the initial scene where you walk outside, but was never teleported to Mai's shop.

Feb 22, 2021
Development Has Started/Resumed
There's news on two fronts. Development has started on the next project, and development has resumed on Hana Exposure!

Development for the next project has started!

Pre-production stuff such as the writing and general brainstorming had already started and were already in the works during the development of Blooming Flower, and as such, those things are already very far ahead. Because of this, there hasn't been a need to do any planning in order to be able to start development, as the direction and contents are already mostly decided. The main real issue that needed to be addressed for development to start was the engine. For the longest time I had the intention of getting more hands on board to develop the second game, and with that additional help, switch over to Unreal Engine. The idea was to use the sells from Blooming Flower as a budget for to expand the team and make this plausible, but unfortunately, the game underperformed and... it didn't even manage to break even. So, expanding the team is out of the question, which makes the switch over to Unreal a lot harder. I still made the attempt to make the switch over to Unreal by starting to learn the engine and doing some prototyping for the past two months, but the reality is that it's just not viable. There's too much work and time needed in order to be able to properly start development in Unreal by myself. So, I decided to go back to Unity for this next project. The good thing about Unity is that I know it, and the actual development was able to start right away. The other issue was the jump to 3D. In Blooming Flower the world is 3D, but the characters are 2D. For this next game, the characters will also be 3D. 3D characters is something I hadn't worked with, and so there was a lot of learning that needed to be done, but I think I am now ready on this front to properly start development, and so with this, development has properly started!

The idea right now is to have a nice and clear sneak peek for what to expect with this next project on the post at the end of this month, with more details throughout November, and then a full breakdown and playable demo by the end of the year.
As for the contents, I will be leaving that subject for the sneak peek post. All I will say for now is that this next installment is not a sequel to Hana Exposure. It's a new game, with new characters, and it's not mainly focused on exposure. It will contain exposure, but it's not the main focus.

For now that's it for the next project. Now let's talk a bit about Hana Exposure!

This was not in the plans, but, development for Blooming Flower is resuming. I am now working on a small "expansion" for it. It'll be version v1.1. This update will add a bit of content throughout the whole game, and it'll be an update to the base game, not a DLC, meaning that it'll be free for everyone who owns the game.
I'll have more to share on this at the end of the month. This update will be a side project, as my main priority and focus is the new game, but it's in the works!
No real ETA on v1.1. Internally I'm hoping to release it at the same time as the demo for the next project.

Overall, there are a lot of things to talk about when it comes to Blooming Flower, and so I intend on having a post-release post later this month having a bit of a deeper talk about the development, the challenges with it, the things that went wrong, and overall how I intend on changing the development process for this new project in order to avoid some of the mistakes I made during the development. I also intend on having another post with a survey on Blooming Flower in order to gather a lot of concentrated feedback, see what worked, what didn't, etc. There will also be some questions there that will be to get some opinions and feedback for stuff related to the next project.

There's various things I will be doing differently this time around. I'm planning on opening a Discord, post more small things on Twitter/X, among other things. If there are any changes you would like to see, let me know!

Now that development on the next game has properly started, Patreon billing will resume. And for the sake of setting expectations, I think it's important to say that joining the Patreon is not a form of pre-ordering the next game, nor will it be free. It'll go through it's development cycle, and then be available for purchase on digital stores. Things will also be a bit different in the development of this second game, and so there be very few builds uploaded prior to the final release, more on this on the upcoming posts later this month. What I would suggest is, only join the Patreon if you are interested in supporting the development, and getting the detailed logs of development, and not because of rewards.

Reactions: Dingdingdong22

Excelsoxls

Jan 31, 2022
First of all, congrats to the dev for making such a great game. It's rare to find a game with original art being actually finished.
This was one of the best exhibitionism games that I have played. It starts really great by having a pure protagonist and its slow pace helps a lot on making her debut on exposure actually make sense.
Of course there's some things that doesn't make much sense, as why she had to work her ass out to pay for the repair of the car if her family is so rich. There's even a scene where apparently her brother passes by the town and in this part they make it clear that her family knows that she's there, so it doesn't make any sense that they simply don't pay for the repair.

Now, while the game was pretty good for like 85% of its extent, the final bits of it was a big let down.
I really liked that the game made it clear that there was not going to be any sex scenes. Her not being able to touch any man made me think that it was going to be pure exhibitionism from start to finish.
Now I'm not a big fan of this whole bukkake route that the game took. She starts by being aroused of showing her body off, and I get her liking to see that men also get aroused by looking at her. What I don't like is the game going from exposure scenes to a fapping festival.
I was hoping that at the second last petal she was going to change her clothes again to ones that actually shows her tits, ass and pussy all the time, and will start accepting requests to do even more embarrassing poses. While on the last petal, she would admit to everyone that she shows her body because she get aroused by it, and not because of her job or something, and to really show that, the scenes would be focused on her masturbating in front of the people. Finally, the scenes of her last day on the town would be of her going to say good by to everyone, but without wearing any clothes the entire time or something (it needed to be the ultimate exhibitionism act after all). She says she already done every exhibitionism thing she could, be she never actually walked naked outside, so I was hoping for that to be the final thing she would do.

When I understood that the game took this bukkake route, I was hoping that she would at least do a different pose for every fapping section, but at the end it was just the same 3 scenes over and over again, with ones being even less embarrassing than things she had already done (like showing her ass with panties on for people to fap to at the lake, when she had already posed with her legs spreads without any panties).

All in all, it was a great time playing it even if the end was pretty boring. I'm looking forward to the next game of this dev.

Shynasha

Mar 19, 2019
I keep having often crash during loading after the third level up, didn't have this issue before (Either black screen or game stop responding)

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Level 1 (should have been 2). Game didn't freeze, I could freely move around, I just couldn't interact with the marker. It didn't happen after restarting the game. Windows, newest version, fresh game. Went away when I loaded save.

I think it was related to me not correctly increasing level. I got the initial scene where you walk outside, but was never teleported to Mai's shop.
I'm thinking that what happened is that you were left in the Inn or Hana's room with the "working" flag enabled, while also having the game think you were in a level up event, isn't a state that is supposed to happen for that event. What I'm not sure of is what exactly happened that broke the routine, making it so you would not teleport.

Walk outside as in, the cutscene at the end of the first day Mei goes to Hana during the night and tells her about the Inn? Or was all of this after resting at the Inn, and reading the letter Mei left?

I keep having often crash during loading after the third level up, didn't have this issue before (Either black screen or game stop responding)
The third level up event, as in, the one where Hana and Mei go to the PUB to talk about exposure and such?

After the level up, you mean directly after the petal is added, when the dialogue ends and the loading screen starts, that's when the crash happens? If so, does the loading screen even appear, or does the game freeze even before that?

spider26

Sorry for my bad english
Donor
Jul 18, 2017
The third level up event, as in, the one where Hana and Mei go to the PUB to talk about exposure and such?

After the level up, you mean directly after the petal is added, when the dialogue ends and the loading screen starts, that's when the crash happens? If so, does the loading screen even appear, or does the game freeze even before that?
Having the same issue here, black screen instead of loading screen.
It seems to happen randomly instead of loading screen after receiving the 3rd petal.
I got one while entering in the bathhouse and another after the hospital event.
Game stay stuck on the black screen without any loading screen

Dexter6002

Aug 26, 2017
Tengo el mismo problema aquí, pantalla negra en lugar de pantalla de carga.
Parece suceder aleatoriamente en lugar de cargar la pantalla después de recibir el tercer pétalo.
Obtuve uno al entrar a la casa de baños y otro después del evento en el hospital.
El juego se queda atascado en la pantalla negra sin ninguna pantalla de carga
[/CITA]

Nose si sirva pero en algunos casos a mi me sirvio eliminar el simbolo (~) de la carperta y del ejecutable y ya no tube problemas

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Whoa! This game had been snugly fit into the "Sad it never got finished" category for me for so long, that seeing it completed brings even more joy! Great work on keeping it up, dev!

Lollert

Jun 12, 2017
I'm thinking that what happened is that you were left in the Inn or Hana's room with the "working" flag enabled, while also having the game think you were in a level up event, isn't a state that is supposed to happen for that event. What I'm not sure of is what exactly happened that broke the routine, making it so you would not teleport.

Walk outside as in, the cutscene at the end of the first day Mei goes to Hana during the night and tells her about the Inn? Or was all of this after resting at the Inn, and reading the letter Mei left?
This was after the first level up, after having rested in the Inn. The only "unintentional" thing I was doing was using an autohotkey script to spam enter to skip through dialogue. Maybe mashing enter after exiting the bar can break things?

Karotte

Feb 4, 2020
I'm a little split on that game. All in all it was a nice experience and I really liked the game. But it could have been so much better with only a bit more effort.

Positive aspects:
- The exhibitionism-genre
- A nice, cosy story outline
- Nice (2D-)graphics made with love
- Fantastic Loading-Screen graphics
- In the beginning very exciting and stimulating
- A nice ending scene

Negative aspects:
- No outfit selection - it would be so much more exciting to select Hana's outfit yourself - maybe with her disagreeing if she hasn't reached a certain level yet
- In the endgame extremely repetative with many shared graphics, which makes the endgame really boring
- Characters aren't really utilized to their full extent. For example I really would have wished for Mei to be more... manipulative. Pushing Hana into things, being a little more mischievous, persuading Hana to want to do certain things, pushing her boundaries... Like for example she could have demanded her underwear back at a certain point in time so that Hana is basically forced to go commando... or other shenannigans (without evil intent of course).
- No real love scene between Mei and Hana at the very end :(
- The game is way too linear: No excitement, no random encounters, no random events based on your outfit, no random dialogues e.g. from townsfolk, ... It is e.g. not even possible to accidentially go into the men's lockerroom before a certain event - and then it is not by choice anymore. Or you could have implemented something like being able (as a player's choice) to run naked through town at nighttime after reaching a certain level - maybe after Hana lost a bet to Mei perhaps even on purpose. And why not implement some "hidden" events for players who like to explore the game world? -> The lack of all this makes the game way more boring than it could be
- No real choices for the player
- Waaaay too many dicks in the endgame
- No comfort features like running or skipping text
- Boring grinding in the endgame as there is no randomness or any other form of excitement
- The game mechanic is plain and boring: No assets, no NOTHING is utilized - you can't choose outfits, the money mechanic is completely useless (why even add it?)
- No minigames
- The bukkake stuff doesn't really fit into the game - at least not to this extent!
- Utilizing the mighty Unity engine... why when it is barely utilized?! Why not use something like Ren'Py in the beginning? [Written before the last post: And now since you've chosen it for this project: why not continue using it, when you already made your experience with it? I doubt that the game will exceed 1 million bucks in a 12 months period of time... so why bother about the runtime fee?]
- The changing text sizes are really annoying! And why not use font effects to distinguish between thoughts and spoken text? Putting it in brackets is looking extremely cheap and amateurish. Unity is basically able to provide SO MUCH more in a really easy way - WHY NOT USE THESE THINGS? And what about that annoying "~" character at the end of some sentences?
- Interactions with Sebas and Nube feel rather pointless and are effectively boring!
- A suboptimal Input system (not the worst - but could be better)... And no real Controller support (which would have been very easy to implement)
- No Steam achievements, trading-cards, etc.

Last edited:

MallocThePerv

May 9, 2018
I am thouroughly enjoying this game. Its so good. There are so few pure-exhibitionism games, and its the only thing I'm really into. My f95 bookmark goes directly to the exhibitionism tag.

The only thing I don't like about it is that if i can only play for five minutes, I lose my progress. I would have preferred it to save every time I use a door or finish an event rather than only at the end of a day.

Thanks FlimsyDev, great work. I hope your next game is similar

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes