RPGM - Completed - Hanaja's Body [Final] [Overlord Empire LLC]

1. 4.00 star(s)

millyrainbow

This game is pretty bog standard when it comes to the setup for all the other games. The only thing thats very different is that it has significantly less TFs than either Veronicas or Victorias body, and also tends to play significantly shorter than the previous titles as well, with it only featuring 4 areas that have only a handful of screens each, making them rather condensed and simple in structure.

However that said, i would say that because of this, the TFs are all rather unique and can synergize with other tf parts way better than any of the games before it, allowing for some pretty neat combos depending on what youre wanting to set up (like using the bunny parts to buff your magic before using Hanajas heavy hitting spells). The downside to this though is its relatively easy to lose those TFs, so the combo setup is usually best reserved for the boss of each area.

However, because of this setup, your play style will be forced to constantly change based on which area youre in, and which tfs are affecting you. This i think is where the combat, and by proxy, the game, really shines over the previous entries, as each TF set has its own gimmick to exploit, from exploiting honey generation to deal massive damage with one, to masochism stacking to deal a steadily increasing damage snowball with another. It will not take too long to get these tfs either, as each battle in the new area will be very insisting on putting these afflictions on you, so you will need to learn the gimmicks as you go along. The good thing is that these afflictions tend to be significantly more powerful than Hanajas base abilities, and generally by the time you get to the boss, youll have these gimmicks mastered, so you wont have too much of a hard time here.

And this is where everyone is probably expecting me to talk about the grind... But honestly, i dont understand where the grind actually is. If anything, Hanaja does everything in its power to be significantly *less* grindy than any of the other titles, entirely thanks to the ability to just change your transformations at any restore point at any time. Once you have the transformation, you will always have access to it, which is incredibly useful for puzzles that require certain parts. And as stated before, you can very easily gain every transformation for an area within a single battle if you wanted to because of how easy it is to get transformed in this game.
    The only grind thats in the game is fighting the enemies you come across, as you come across them.. but if you play the game like a traditional rpg, and battle the enemies as you get to them to keep your levels going up, then it should be fine. Heck, i only battled enemies once from each scene and just avoided them for the rest of the time, and i was still vastly overleveled by end game.
    Which leads me to the tf part puzzles. Nearly every puzzle that requires specific parts can be gotten to without facing any enemies at all, so long as you walk around them to avoid them.
    And because of this, you should never ever need to go to an area more than once just to gain levels, or to gain tfs.

As far as the story and writing goes, its about the same as previous titles honestly. Enough story to get you from point a to point b. The only downside here is that because there are fewer tfs, this means that there are fewer bad ends. The bad ends are about the same as well, each with their own screens and lots of writing. Genuinely if youve played the previous games, you know just about what to expect here.

The art style i will say is probably the best in the series so far including over victorias. That said i know its not for everyone, however if you skipped Veronicas because of how off it seemed, i would deffo suggest giving Hanaja a try. The art style is, in my opinion, significantly improved over Veronicas, so you may find some enjoyment here.

Overall. The game is good. The combat is probably the best out of all of the games from Overlord Empire, and honestly far better than most other games of this TF Battler genre. However as a lewd game, it is severely lacking in a lot of fap content, since most of it is either in special instances, of which there are only a handful of, and the bad ends, of which there are only a handful of.
    Because of this, i give it a "If only Hanaja's Body 2 built upon this and improved it further...." out of 10.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Karl Speidel

The game suffers for almost every single flaw the others in this series have,almost nothing changed other than some polish and better art,I wont write again the same review,others maybe described it better.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Cuhulu Disciple

great concept poorly executed,
    everything feels like a chore instead of fun.

it's grind based game with RNG roll.
    grind as in you need to repeat a fight against mob enemy and hoping RNG roll give you transformation you need to progress.

don't bother with this unless you enjoy doing repetitive task for the sake of enjoying it.

if you enjoy grindy stuff, please read my tips below before playing the game.
    Tips:
    1 )
    NPC react to you based on your head transformation unless stated otherwise.
    2)
    avoid restoring transformation gauge unless you already unlocked it unless you want to repeat the grind.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

El Presidente

If this was a puzzle game, it would be the most inventive puzzle ever made in this site, but it's an RPG, so i must judge as such:
    The game is not bad, the visual, even if there are few CG are still enjoyable but the gameplay show a clever idea: your character can transform and any bodypart have a unique ability in combat and outside. Some area are accessible with a specific transformation and you need to figure out how to reach it or what to use.
    Unfortunately for possessing the correct transformation you need to get transformed by the enemy, and unlock all transformation you need to farm it and prevent to be killed.
    There are only "defeat cutscenes" that doesn't give you a game over and you can retry immediately without consequence, unless you are trying to gain the achievement.
    It's a good game with a good premise, but it doesn't excell.