• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
i copied the AON file to the game folder started a new game i can confirm that its not working i even made a scripts folder n put them inside n still not working

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
i copied the AON file to the game folder started a new game i can confirm that its not working i even made a scripts folder n put them inside n still not working
You're not doing it correctly, then. While the AON method works in this version of Ren'Py+Python, it could introduce bugs at a later date if anything in those functions change. Regardless, it works in this version. But if you want to manually do it, follow the directions I made available on page 80.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
You're not doing it correctly, then. While the AON method works in this version of Ren'Py+Python, it could introduce bugs at a later date if anything in those functions change. Regardless, it works in this version. But if you want to manually do it, follow the directions I made available on page 80.
I just copied and pasted the link 1 page back.

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
i did do this

Edit ./renpy/display/screen.py.
Find "def render(self, w, h, st, at):".
Just below it add:
Python:
if self.screen == None:
return renpy.display.render.Render(w, h)
Find "def event(self, ev, x, y, st):".
Just below it add:
Python:
if self.screen == None:
return
started a new game no mod showing up

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
There is a wiki If you are so much desperate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Click the name of the girl you want to proceed with and have fun
Do you know if all of the routes up to date?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
i did do this
started a new game no mod showing up
... *sigh* ... Read the thread. It's not to get the mod working, it's to allow you to use saves having been made with the mod in older versions of the game that no longer have an up-to-date mod because of Ren'Py+Python compatibility between the mod and the game. The mods for Harem Hotel from Maim Lain only work on the version they're specified, unless they're updated. No one knows when an update to this mod will come along, if it even will. Some want to play without the mod but they get some Ren'Py crashes due to some changes made to Ren'Py between old saves and the newer version of Ren'Py underneath. That bit of code I gave out fixes that so that people can play old saves, or remove the mod altogether, safely.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes