Having trouble with Monmusu Dot

Feb 25, 2018
Link to the game:
Trying to run this game, everything works fine but the controls do fuck all once I'm in the touching part.
I can't believe I actually paid money for it... Man, I feel scammed. yes, I installed the right RPGmaker, no controller is plugged in, running with Japanese locale.
Does anyone else have this game and know what the issue is?

Reactions: Incompetent Orange

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Try running it without the Japanese locale. I have the game and it ran perfectly without it.

Akai Oni

Jan 28, 2018
Also have the same issue here. Anyone know the fix to this? Got into the game fine, but after character selection, no button or mouse click work.

althepro

Dec 20, 2018
Oh!!
Guys i know whats wrong
1st you need to know that this game is only compatible for windows xp/7/8
and you must have RPGVX RTP installed
thats all

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Oh!!
Guys i know whats wrong
1st you need to know that this game is only compatible for windows xp/7/8
and you must have RPGVX RTP installed
thats all
Pretty sure the first thing isn't true considering I ran it on windows 10 without issue. I might have had an rpgm thing installed though so it could be one of those games without the framework and you need that to run it.

Reactions: Cul

carlosmuerto

Oct 7, 2018
I install RPGVX_RTP and set compatibility to win7 on my windows 10,the game runs but in game keys does not work (just in menu works), any idea what's happens?

MrEevee

Jun 27, 2017
Got the excact same thing happening as carlo, tried installing the rtp for XP even.

babyru

Feb 28, 2020
sooo idk if anyone found a fix yet but I'm having the same thing happen to me nothing is working but it starts fine

NightSneaker

Dec 19, 2017
Why is this in solved if people are still trying to figure out how to fix this issue? I'm having it too btw. only arrow keys work after character select. Is there maybe an update we're missing?

Reactions: Incompetent Orange

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
So it seems a Windows 10 update at some point has broken the compatibility of this game because ever since I updated my systems the controls are unresponsive when you get the sex dungeon area of the game. Ultimately the best solution will be to pirate yourself a copy of Windows 7 if you don't already have a copy and install it on a vm as any other solution will likely be a pain in the ass. Game works without a hitch for me again in my Windows 7 vm.

Pangean

Jan 4, 2022
I wish I saw this thread before I bought the game. I don't know if I want to deal with pirating windows 7 for this

Reactions: Zagartha

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
There is a broken component to this game as there is actually a pretty complex scripting tool used here.

RPGM VX uses SNES style button mapping so you have maybe 4-6 keys. This game uses the RPGM engine and has a script that expands the keys to follow the keyboard layout. So QWE/ASD/ZXC/Shift/CTRL/Space. Mostly because back then it only allowed keyboard/controller only input and pixel mapping for mouse use wasn't developed yet.

If you look at the keyboard mapping (F1, third tab) you'll see the mappings are all screwed so the script broke at some point. That's why the menu works (standard RPGM keys) but the actual game does not (scripted extended keys).

The script seems to be getting blocked by modern security settings because it functions like a keylogger.

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Here's a fix I made. So after much experimenting I figured there wouldn't be an easy way of fixing the script that extends the inputs. The weird part is it's not entirely broken. Keys like Shift, Control, and Enter still work but pretty much everything else is fucked. Anyways unzip this and replace your Game.rgss2a with this one.

I tried matching the original inputs as much as possible so everything is the same except two inputs.
- E is now D
- Space is now Enter

EDIT: The controls are exactly the same as the original after much tinkering. Forgot about a thread I made here ages ago only to remember it recently and realize I had gold sitting on the internet some where all along! Give a hand for KotatsuAkira everyone! Without their work we would still be stuck with my shitty fix from earlier. Here's the link to the discussion we had.

Now onto the nerd stuff so grab the download and run if you don't give af. So I figured maybe the way Ruby was using the WinApi's was wrong so I made a dll that handled over the key states to ruby so it could figure it out from there. It functioned exactly the same as without it.

The script seems to be getting blocked by modern security settings because it functions like a keylogger.
This might be the case but I have no way of telling really. I made a program in c that logged whatever I typed and while Windows Defender scanned it for a sec it realized it wasn't a threat and let it do it's thing. I would like to know if you're guessing or you know of some specific modern security setting that prevents it from working like it did years ago.

EDIT: GetKeyState broke and has to be used differently on Windows 10 and above. I don't really understand the exact specifics of why but if someone could explain that would be great. I don't think it's because of modern security settings though.

Last edited:
Reactions: nachohtt

nachohtt

May 10, 2017
Here's a fix I made. So after much experimenting I figured there wouldn't be an easy way of fixing the script that extends the inputs. The weird part is it's not entirely broken. Keys like Shift, Control, and Enter still work but pretty much everything else is fucked. Anyways unzip this and replace your Game.rgss2a with this one.

I tried matching the original inputs as much as possible so everything is the same except two inputs.
- E is now D
- Space is now Enter

EDIT: The controls are exactly the same as the original after much tinkering. Forgot about a thread I made here ages ago only to remember it recently and realize I had gold sitting on the internet some where all along! Give a hand for KotatsuAkira everyone! Without their work we would still be stuck with my shitty fix from earlier. Here's the link to the discussion we had.

Now onto the nerd stuff so grab the download and run if you don't give af. So I figured maybe the way Ruby was using the WinApi's was wrong so I made a dll that handled over the key states to ruby so it could figure it out from there. It functioned exactly the same as without it.

This might be the case but I have no way of telling really. I made a program in c that logged whatever I typed and while Windows Defender scanned it for a sec it realized it wasn't a threat and let it do it's thing. I would like to know if you're guessing or you know of some specific modern security setting that prevents it from working like it did years ago.

EDIT: GetKeyState broke and has to be used differently on Windows 10 and above. I don't really understand the exact specifics of why but if someone could explain that would be great. I don't think it's because of modern security settings though.
Thank you very much!

Reactions: forbidden101v
Feb 25, 2018

- E is now D
- Space is now Enter

You're an absolute saint, mate. Bought this game years ago and finally got to play it!

Reactions: forbidden101v