zzyyxx

Jun 16, 2017
Hdoomguy posted an update on this game last month, so I believe it might be better to remove the "abandoned" tag. It's progressing SLOWLY, sure enough, but he's back to working on it.
I think it should wait until the next update comes, I don't doubt it's being worked on but until an actual update happens it should remain under abandoned. I'm glad to hear that though, this mod is great.

jolg

Jul 7, 2020
How do i play all (as of yet) original doom levels?
And what button to press to cum in animation, not "use" button

Last edited:

Anbugamer

Nov 3, 2020
I've tried installing this game multiple times using both methods but i can't get it to work it always loads up regular doom am i missing something or am i an idiot.

hulaneo

Apr 3, 2018
I've tried installing this game multiple times using both methods but i can't get it to work it always loads up regular doom am i missing something or am i an idiot.
You need to drag and drop the game file (m12-hdoom_techdemo9.pk3) into the doom .exe

Nullbot

Aug 27, 2018
The "Abandoned" tag refers to games that haven't been updated in a long time. Hdoomguy claims to be still working on this, but the tag probably won't be changed until he releases an actual update.

Valentine9

May 16, 2020
is really really really abandoned ?
:cry:
Less serious speculation: It's not abandoned, it's just that "working on Hdoom time" has (long) been replaced by "posting random takes on twitter multiple times a day" time.

More serious speculation: From scraps of what you can see for free on their patreon page it seems that they suffer "artist's block" and "feeling burnt out" rather frequently. If Hdoom was a passion project that was already mostly on the backburner so they could create other stuff for money, then those feelings probably outright deleted whatever desire they had to do anything Hdoom related for months at a time.

Grimmiger

May 12, 2018
Less serious speculation: It's not abandoned, it's just that "working on Hdoom time" has (long) been replaced by "posting random takes on twitter multiple times a day" time.

More serious speculation: From scraps of what you can see for free on their patreon page it seems that they suffer "artist's block" and "feeling burnt out" rather frequently. If Hdoom was a passion project that was already mostly on the backburner so they could create other stuff for money, then those feelings probably outright deleted whatever desire they had to do anything Hdoom related for months at a time.
HDOOM ironically was/is a side project to his passion project. But it just so happened that the passion project didn't become a thing until 2-3 years into HDOOM's development (that got him on the map on tumblr) when the majority of people were there for DOOM demon-fucking action, rather than what is being made. Outside of him seemingly living on twitter with random shit and takes I feel next to nobody cares about, he's either watching horror movies or super slowly developing essentially a crappier doom mod with somehow not as fun or interesting sex scenes/mechanics. I think he's been working on the Arachnotron for the past 3 years? Or that was the Spider Mastermind and now the Arachnotron. Feels that way, at least. I just want the damn Archvile made so I can use 90% of the WADs out there

Either way, it's not abandoned per se, just abandoned in spirit and for long stretches of time.

krogine

Dec 3, 2018
it's always a shame when this happens to a project. it's basically on life support with people probably forgetting they're giving the guy a dollar a month as other, more developed and focused, projects or generally active creators pop up. it's on life support and every so often if you follow the guy he post ANOTHER gif or still pixel image on the same girl for the next 5 months so people remain even passingly engaged

Dirty Pimp

Feb 6, 2019
it's always a shame when this happens to a project. it's basically on life support with people probably forgetting they're giving the guy a dollar a month as other, more developed and focused, projects or generally active creators pop up. it's on life support and every so often if you follow the guy he post ANOTHER gif or still pixel image on the same girl for the next 5 months so people remain even passingly engaged
Yep, that's insane IIRC he's doing around 600$ a month or so for doing literally nothing lol

But it's also sad because both HDoom and his Monster Girl Quest mod are getting nowhere and supposedly he's been working on the Spider Mastermind girl since 2019-ish

RJ.03

Oct 6, 2021
"
Execution could not continue.

File D:/hDoom/gzdoom.pk3 is overriding core lump mapinfo/doom1.txt.

"
Shows this in the launcher. Any help?

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes