RPGM - Completed - He Who Vowed to Create a Demon Harem [v1.12] [Avantgarde]

1. 5.00 star(s)

mk13666

I think this is the best game Avantgarde has ever made. It has almost everything a man can wish for. The art and story is super good but there are still some bugs and error.

btw, the translation need to change but playable and enjoyable
  2. 2.00 star(s)

len00

The MTL translation is straight up poetry, it's bad even for MTL translation standards, I'm 100% sure no one did ANY fine tuning on it, the only way this game is playable is if you grab a save and just watch the sex scenes.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

SystemVoyager

10/10 would recommend
    Art: 10/10
    Story: 8/10
    Game play: 5/10

Game play is pretty standard RPG maker H game stuff. The story is mildly intriguing but really just a driving force for the content. The Art is top tier. No NTR although a little stockholmy. Overall high quality game
  4. 5.00 star(s)

tough love

This game is great, I am midway finishing it and savoring every minute of it. I actually read every dialog box (tips on how to understand 99% of MTL below).
    1. -Art is great.
    2. -RPG elements are entertaining enough and you can skip encounters.
    3. -The characters are archetypes, but well made, it makes you want to have sex and romance them. The dialog is great, every character have their quirks and personality and they bounce well out of each other.
    4. -MC doesn't monolog in his head more than a little, I hate internal monolog in H-games and I wish more games are as minimal as this one.
    5. -The corruption is fast(no grinding for sex) but gradual enough to feel earned. They all start hating the MC, but as they are half succubus virgins they fall for him pretty quickly when MC starts harrasing them.
    6. -The story is generic but servizable.
    How to read MTL like a pro:
    -Ignore pronouns (Japanese is contextual, most pronouns in MTL are made up, thats why female characters talk about their dicks - they are talking about YOUR dick without pronouns).
    -Ignore tense most of the time (same as above).

Once you understand this about japanese you will get to understand everything. Example:
    MTL: My penis is growing and I squid.
    Originial: Penis Grows and someone is squirting. You can guess who is doing every action.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

mrpopo69

Super easy to play without cryptic nonsense that can sometimes be in RPGM games. The auto translation makes this playable which is great, but chops up the dialogue and story so it isn't too satisfying to read. You can still make this out to be an average harem and it has nice romance elements. I like that the sexual kinks aren't too out there, like the incestual content aside, at most there are waterworks but it isn't too extreme. The art is good but there isn't animation so that's the only negative to it. It also kinda drags on a bit.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

aihikari

I didn't want to try this game for a long while because AvantGarde. I hate netorare (cuckolded, not to be confused with netorase/sharing-swinging or netori/cheating) is one thing, I hate compromising even more. Putting the vanilla route for the sake of having vanilla content with abysmally small amount and quality.

To my surprise, this game has none of that bullshit. Had it not been for the art, I would have thought someone made and sold it to AvantGarde just to spite them off.

The other reviews have provided plenty of what to expect so I won't repeat those. Enjoy~
  7. 4.00 star(s)

don.shakalov

Pros:
    great art and scenes, the characters are quite interesting
    girls can actually get pregnant
    no NTR (yeah fuck NTR games)
    Cons:
    shitty battles (well, if you are a reta hardcore RPGM fanboy, you may like them)
    FUCKING CANCEROUS TRANSLATION
  8. 5.00 star(s)

jokuur

the game is very good sadly i can only rate the fighting and art because translation is so bad i had to skip the talking
    i cannot rate story because of bad translation because i dont know if it was made by dev or fan/s so i think it would be unfair to the devs if i rated this 4 or less so ill give 5 for art and fighting, and its great they made pregnancy
    the only thing i dont like is that some scenes are only made with certain clothes and some arent, makes me want to check all of them with different clothes and big bellies but my work is too often in vain because sometimes its just one clothes every time like for example with Rose and tentacles
  9. 5.00 star(s)

IfDante

The game is captivating, the characters are well divided in their personalities, the story is not boring and slow.
    As the fights go by you will have more and more fun.

• About scenes

They are well made and can be seen by going to the hotel.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Erosia

Alright, a new game by Avantgarde, and for a change in pace, it's actually full vanilla. Let's get into the down and dirty with it shall we?

First, the content, it's absolutely really is a harem game, the main content is and always is vanilla, the girls don't fuck with anyone except the main character and there's no NTR in sight. NTR lovers will be sad, but hey, you gotta enjoy some vanilla to make the taste of NTR sweeter and vice versa. Familiarity breeds contempt.

The artwork is also of course, phenomenal, the girls here are absolutely fuck worthy as they were in Avantgarde's previous games. The girls fill archetypes of course. Layla, or Leila, however you wanna spell it is the typical Tsundere. Mia the little sister, is... well the little sister. And Rose the eldest is the authoritative leader. These girls are the interests of our resident cultured hero, nicknamed the Erection Hero, Theo, who gets a boner at any sexy devil girl he sees. Relatable.

Even better, our main character can actually get them fucking PREGNANT, thank you Avantgarde! It's about fucking time! Their previous games had pregnancy as well, but it was only ever reserved for NTR, which pissed me off. As if to serve as a middle finger to anyone who actually wanted a couple to be happy in a game that touts that the NTR WAS OPTIONAL (looks at Furry Eared Girls Never Betray). There's also the caveat in that the context of the scenes changes with each sex stat you level up at certain breakpoints, typically 25%. It generally means the girls get more into it and cause the MC to uh, enjoy himself more in scenes without changing much in the scenes themselves.

That being said, the game is bog standard in terms of gameplay mechanics. Expect to see typical RPG Maker fare here. And in general terms of the story, you'll basically be seeing the tried and true setting of, Boy meets Girls, Girls hate boy initially, Girls start to love boy, Girls are betrayed by the kingdom and boi saves the kingdom and kills the big bad. Not to mention, it doesn't have any animations like Elf Wife or Furry Eared Girls. As for the MTL? Well, I don't grade games on their MTL. No point in doing so. I'm just grateful we have some level of translation even if bad.

But no one plays H games for the story. Unless it's quite good like Thug Hero (which is very depressing), Pronant Symphony (which is incredibly engaging) or Monmusu Quest (which is actually deep in characterization). If you're looking for a good H game, this is one of them. Hell, I'd say it's Avantgarde's best yet.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

vico81

To those who have played previous games from AVANTGARDE this one feels like a spinoff:
    -There is no NTR at all (I actually like it better without, but to those NTR lovers this will be a huge letdown)
    -Even the corruption is fairly light: it almost feels like a vanilla game.

Now let's get into the details:

GAMEPLAY: classic RPG there, it works but there is nothing special there.
    It also feels like they started one way but didn't go through with their ideas:
    -There is a clothes ripping feature, but it does not do anything (since there is no combat-related rape, like in Oneone1 games)
    -Pregnancy: you can buy condoms but the feature is so limited it is useless. I actually got them pregnant only once, and it was post-game by accident :ROFLMAO:
    You do not need to grind much to advance the game, worse case scenario you have three difficulties, easy, normal, hard.

ART: Gorgeous, as always. A shame there are no animations at all though.
    As seen you can add tattoos and nipple piercings, but they can be hidden/removed if that's not your kink.

SOUND: the dubbing is ok, the sound effects fairly lacklustre though. The walking sound is particularly bad, but who cares I guess.

TRANSLATION: well this is where it hurts. The poetry is strong on that one, when it is not just left untranslated. I really hope this one will get a proper translation.

SCENARIO: with the bad MTL, hard to say for sure, but it seems to be a light corruption story where the MC, a hero wannabe, has a relic that allows him to control a demoness. Demoness who happens to have 2 sisters ;). The MC is a pervert but not a douche from what I got, and wants to save the world with the demoness's help.

TL,DR: solid game,the art is top-tier but the MTL is bad and the gameplay is classic. If you like boobs, it is a definite YES.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

2booty Connoisseur

This game is one of the only games I have been hyped for in so long. It ticks all of my boxes by having a seemingly solid story, with great character design, phenomenal art and solid corruption; none of that baby shit. The only thing that's weighing it down is the god awful translation, like legit I've played half of it and have decided to put it aside in the off chance that some saint descends from the heavens to translates it. But hey it's #1 on DLsite right now so I'm liking it's chances.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Quintilus

MTL to the bone marrow, some text are not even translated, so have this in mind.

You a hero that have heavenly powers to subdue/enslave demons to you will. Fortunately, demons that are succepted to this are a sex bomb females.

There are some battles, but all of them is a "hold an accept button" kind of challenge. On bosses its "hold same button but after picking skill". Nothing hard and exiting. After I stuck with quest on butched 'inglish/ I skipped plot.

H scenes is....surprisingly okay. Main point of a game is to make harem. According to a broken MTL-ed english all females that you "enslaves" is a sisters. There are an option to unlock all sex scenes btw.
    All of them have similar themed sex scenes, like masturbation, oral sex, vaginal sex, completely deranged shit, kinky sex, pregnant sex, etc. I mean, context is same, but each scene have different execution per female.

On a positive side its possible to have sex with you harem literally. Like, have sex with one sister, while others leaks with bodily fluids while whatching you fucking one of them/lay fucked into submission.

Play if you want a harem game with actual harem elements, not a queue of females to fuck that simulates harem.