VN Ren'Py Completed Heart City Stories Ep. 1: Friendly Favours [v1.05] [ParkGDev]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Love the work done for this! I 100% agree with your approach! I think build smaller VNs with a set plot in mind and continue writing. You will only get better with time! I often think over ambition is the killer of a lot of a projects and with this approach you will be able to be proud of the work completed!

All the best!
I'm glad you agree! Yeah I'm just a hobbyist here, and in my opinion the last thing a hobbyist needs is an unmanageable and overly ambitious first project. Having finished this simple first VN really gave me a good push and confidence for my next VN, and even that one has its own hiccups!

Thanks for playing, I hope you enjoyed the story!

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Thanks for the finished game dev, and I am glad to see that it is finally completed as it is one of my favorite smaller, romance single-LI games.

Good luck on your next game. Can't wait to play it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ParkG

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Thanks for the finished game dev, and I am glad to see that it is finally completed as it is one of my favorite smaller, romance single-LI games.

Good luck on your next game. Can't wait to play it.
Thanks a lot for the warm support! I'm sorry it took a while for me to finish this VN, but I'm glad it's finished and has brought me more experience for the next one! Glad you enjoyed it!

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
I recently discovered the ep2. This one looks nice too.
I hope you'll like this one as well! It's the first VN I made, and I'm always happy when it still gets discovered it from time to time!

Reactions: Mookys

ParkG

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Hi everyone! I'm here to say thanks again to those who were generous with kind words in this thread 2 years ago when Friendly Favours was released. I wanted to tag some of your usernames but I don't want to bug anyone 2 years later. This new 2-year anniversary update adds new contents, to breathe new life to Friendly Favours, and now it is closer in quality with that of Office Rivals'. The storyline remains the same.

Shout out to you guys!

I learned a lot since the Friendly Favours, and have made peace with the total-beginner mistakes and clumsiness scattered all over my first VN. But one thing that never sat well with me was the "transparent black for shading" mistake that made the VN "pale" and "visually grey". It's a subtle thing, but it does make a significant overall difference.

Shading differences
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One thing led to another, and the VN underwent a major art overhaul, which I hope is worthy of being considered a major 2-year anniversary update.

Imitating my old ways of drawing turned out to be harder than I thought. The animated missionary scene was a fun challenge though, unlike Office Rivals' animations, this one was made without any sketch whatsoever - I winged her boobs jiggle based on what I learned from animating OR's scenes. The process was fun and spontaneous, and when I think about it, it really fits the spontaneous nature of the sexual encounter in the story.

Oh and Yuka's sprites have been improved as well, so now she no longer looks sickly and pale, but more colourfully vibrant as her character has always been intended to be! Cheers! <3

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
Ahh yes yes I wanted to try this out anyway. No worries. I was just a tad lazy, haha

• Haha
Reactions: ParkG

captahoy

May 25, 2022
Friendly Favours [v1.03] Unofficial Android Port

- 124mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

please update to the latest version.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Friendly Favours [v1.05] Unofficial Android Port

- 135mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

Reactions: captahoy and ParkG

Fakemort

Sep 16, 2017
Two endings? Does that mean there is a friends with benefits type situation or is there sex only on the romance path? I'm not at all opposed to a sweet story, but navigating slightly more complex sexual situations is hotter to me.

Congrats to the dev for the finished game!

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes