Mod Ren'Py Completed Heart Problems [Xenorav] [English] Dialogue Re-Write ver. 0.25 (CH1,2 & Partial 3)

Do you want to see a Chapter 2 Re-Write or is the original Dialogue fine as it is?

• Yes, I'd like to see this continue.

Votes: 489 87.8%
  • No, the Original script is fine as it is.

Votes: 68 12.2%

• Total voters

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022
Just after starting the game.
Ok the error message seemed to relate to the splash screen with the disclaimer on it and the font size being used (for some reason?).

I've modified and re-uploaded the .rar file with changes to this thread if you want to download it again and test it ?

Kadawthom

Sep 30, 2021
Ok the error message seemed to relate to the splash screen with the disclaimer on it and the font size being used (for some reason?).

I've modified and re-uploaded the .rar file with changes to this thread if you want to download it again and test it ?
Same thing is still happening on my end.

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022
yes, splash screen
Hmm how unusual, I've just re-downloaded a fresh unmodified version of the main game; extracted the game.zip to its folder and overwritten the "game" folder inside and launched the game without issues.

Are you using an unmodified version of the game?

Kadawthom

Sep 30, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 240, in script call
    call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 118, in script
    centered "{size=+20}This is a test version of {b}HeartProblems."
TypeError: must be real number, not NoneType

Kadawthom

Sep 30, 2021
Hmm how unusual, I've just re-downloaded a fresh unmodified version of the main game; extracted the game.zip to its folder and overwritten the "game" folder inside and launched the game without issues.

Are you using an unmodified version of the game?
i have mods. does this not work with any mod?

Reactions: Chinwiskers

Kadawthom

Sep 30, 2021
Could you try it with a copy of the game that's unmodded? It would be greatly appreciated to see if I can pin down what the cause might be.
And maybe which mods you're currently using?
I just redownloaded the game without any mod or patch and it started up fine, but once i load just this patch and try to start it i get the same error code.

While running game code:

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022
I just redownloaded the game without any mod or patch and it started up fine, but once i load just this patch and try to start it i get the same error code.

While running game code:
It produces that error just with the Re-Write mod? not other mods installed?

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022
Ok I've re-uploaded the latest version of the Re-Write (it also contains the partially completed Chapter 3 Re-Write).

Could you delete the .RPYC files in your game folder named: "screens", "script", "options" and "gui"? the contents of the game.rar file I uploaded will overwrite the .RPY files and then running the game should regenerate the relevant .RPYC files to accompany them.

I thank you kindly for testing this with me, it's greatly appreciated I assure you!

Reactions: lxh123

Kadawthom

Sep 30, 2021
Ok I've re-uploaded the latest version of the Re-Write (it also contains the partially completed Chapter 3 Re-Write).

Could you delete the .RPYC files in your game folder named: "screens", "script", "options" and "gui"? the contents of the game.rar file I uploaded will overwrite the .RPY files and then running the game should regenerate the relevant .RPYC files to accompany them.

I thank you kindly for testing this with me, it's greatly appreciated I assure you!
Yea... so i did a clean install of the game and did what you asked but im still getting the same error , but when i applied wt/cheat mod and replaced files it started fine. Idk if maybe if its something on my end, maybe.

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022
Yea... so i did a clean install of the game and did what you asked but im still getting the same error , but when i applied wt/cheat mod and replaced files it started fine. Idk if maybe if its something on my end, maybe.
I can't actually recreate the error message you're getting on my end its so strange. I'm at a loss really as to what could be causing it, I've even used a fresh install, deleted the save files in the Renpy folder in Users folder so there is no influencing files.

I noticed the WT/Mod is for version Chapter 7 of the game. I just opened the script file for that mod and the lines of code are arranged somewhat differently to Chapter 8's and also my Re-Write mod (which is a modification of Chapter 8's script file). Hmmm..

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022
Is your Heart Problems game folder inside the folder for another renpy VN btw ?

I just re-uploaded an edited version that removes the indents on the lines mentioned in the error traceback, not sure if it will work but someone suggested it on reddit.

Last edited: