Mod Ren'Py Completed Heart Problems [Xenorav] [English] Dialogue Re-Write ver. 0.25 (CH1,2 & Partial 3)

Do you want to see a Chapter 2 Re-Write or is the original Dialogue fine as it is?

• Yes, I'd like to see this continue.

Votes: 493 87.9%
  • No, the Original script is fine as it is.

Votes: 68 12.1%

• Total voters

Rend77

Sep 26, 2020
The main problem with this error is I can't seem to replicate it on my system, even wiping all traces of the game then re-downloading.. hmm this is a curious one indeed..
i really dont understand why this is happening im new to the game and wanted to try this but it wont work i can wait until there is anew update thanks for the help

fin_369

Dec 26, 2023
Chinwiskers, I am looking forward to thoroughly exploring and experiencing the modifications you've implemented. :BootyTime:
Please anticipate my feedback; I will provide a comprehensive response within a week's time from this opportunity.
I trust this timeline is acceptable to you.

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022
Chinwiskers, I am looking forward to thoroughly exploring and experiencing the modifications you've implemented. :BootyTime:
Please anticipate my feedback; I will provide a comprehensive response within a week's time from this opportunity.
I trust this timeline is acceptable to you.
Any timeline is a good timeline! I'm more curious to see if the mod actually works though at this point lol. Just recently a couple of people have not been able to launch the game with this mod for some reason and I'm a bit lost as to the cause?

Doesn't help matters that it works perfectly fine on my own machine! I just can't seem to replicate the issue on my own system, blech.

chong_li_yung

Feb 17, 2020
Just downloaded the game and your edit, merged your files with the game, nothing else. Still getting this error:

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 240, in script call
call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
File "game/script.rpy", line 119, in script
centered "{size=+30}This is a test version of {b}HeartProblems."
TypeError: must be real number, not NoneType

Reactions: Chinwiskers

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022
Just downloaded the game and your edit, merged your files with the game, nothing else. Still getting this error:

While running game code:
I'm gonna forward this to some more experienced developers and see if I can find an answer, I have no idea how to recreate this error on another system so it's absolutely mind boggling at this point lol

It's essentially saying the number 30 in {size=+30} isn't a recognized number, but.. it's not typed incorrectly in the script so.. ?

I'm keeping at it don't worry, I'll let ya know! And in the end I'll have learned something new hopefully so all's well that ends well!

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022

While running game code:
I've made an adjustment to the line in the code that the error refers to, I closed the {size} tags with {/size}.

No idea if it will change anything for you, but feel free to give it a try!

chong_li_yung

Feb 17, 2020
Even with the new one I get multiple errors. I clicked "ignore" until the game just closed and got this error:

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 181, in script
"."
"."
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 114, in _window_auto_callback
_window_show(auto=True)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 69, in _window_show
renpy.with_statement(trans)

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022
Even with the new one I get multiple errors. I clicked "ignore" until the game just closed and got this error:

While running game code:
"."
"."
_window_show(auto=True)
ok this gets even weirder lol, when I look into this it seems to point at something wrong or missing with the "environment" the game is being used in (I presume that means the users PC?), but I can't imagine what might be wrong in that case?

The game runs perfectly fine for me, I'm just not sure if it does for anybody else at all or just a few?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: chong_li_yung

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022

While running game code:
"."
"."
_window_show(auto=True)
OK! we MIGHT have it this time!

I managed to duplicate this error message on my laptop that had a fresh install of windows on it and work on a solution.

I've uploaded the modified version again to this page if you'd like to try it, fingers crossed this does the job! I had the exact same error myself earlier and with some changes the game now boots up fine.

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
I saw more progress on your work, so I thought that it's time to reinstall the game and see what we have now.
Seems like we all get the same type of error, just with different line numbers.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 175, in script
"."
"."

I got that error in main menu, when I chose "Start a new game". Funnily, installing other mods fixes it. At least it seems so at first. Opening preferences crashed the game again.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('gallery_mod/gui/button/radiobutton_checked.png') at 0x00000000154e3b50>:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
OSError: Couldn't find file 'gallery_mod/gui/button/radiobutton_checked.png'.

This time the cause was actually the presence of gallery mod. So, reinstalling again without this particular one, and it seems to be working perfectly for now.

Chinwiskers

Jan 26, 2022
I saw more progress on your work, so I thought that it's time to reinstall the game and see what we have now.
Seems like we all get the same type of error, just with different line numbers.

While running game code:
"."
"."

I got that error in main menu, when I chose "Start a new game". Funnily, installing other mods fixes it. At least it seems so at first. Opening preferences crashed the game again.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('gallery_mod/gui/button/radiobutton_checked.png') at 0x00000000154e3b50>:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
OSError: Couldn't find file 'gallery_mod/gui/button/radiobutton_checked.png'.

This time the cause was actually the presence of gallery mod. So, reinstalling again without this particular one, and it seems to be working perfectly for now.
It's so jank I know :(.

So for now, it works? kinda? but doesn't play well with mods..

Which exact mod is it ? I can try download and apply it on my laptop (it has an isolated copy of the game that also produced these errors until I fixed the files).