VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Hedwun: The Sixth Realm [Ch.1-2 Definitive] [TheSixthRealm]

1. 5.00 star(s)

astabro

this was one of the best fantasy visual novels I played a year ago and its still there on my favorites as the feelings involved in the game is definitely on next lvl as you feel it. ALso, there's less sex but I would say this game is all about story and it completely shines in that department. It's abandoned or not nobody knows I guess.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Condemned77

Quick warning the type of game is heavy white knight, so if you want to treat women(or anyone) as they will treat you look somewhere else this is not the game for you.

The first impressions were good, its the first game that made me laugh the second i started playing.

The back story(even the longer ones) were easy to follow and provide a good understanding of the games world, as for the main story its not bad but its not very interesting especially with so many bad characters.

Unfortunately the characters are what really let down this game, MC is a boring standard white knight(there is nothing special about him at all, he has no personality), the women are untrustworthy and very unlikeable(i mean all of them almost kill MC and try to laugh it off), i cant imaging anyone really wanting a relationship with any of these women.

MC is suppose to lead an expedition but he has no qualities of a leader his reaction to all the women is proof of that, marisa attacks him(twice) and straight away MC bows to her then starts simping, MC lets fraeda do all the work helping celene and then with nia MC says sorry for acting without her approval(MC is suppose to be the leader) how is anyone going to respect him or take him seriously?
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Making the MC a white knight is fine if you like that sort of thing but its much more suited to a kinetic novel as it removes pretty much all choices from the game which shows here with almost all choices being two difference ways of doing the same thing but then all the choices are made pointless anyway by separating the games after ch2 so just consider the game choice-less

The writing is very poor, 4 days to get over the love of your life, saying things like "it warms my heart to know that i can count on you" 5 minutes after MC nearly died because she played a prank on him, etc....

Story 2/5 (ok)
    Sex 1/5 (almost none)
    Characters 0/5 (all horrible)
    Art 4/5 (quite good)
    Choices 1/5 (none)
    Kinks 0/5 (none)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

0Jg6@^$WYe

If you love the idea of being the gallant main character in an old-school high-fantasy novel, saving maidens and maybe someday the universe, this is a great, immersive game. It's not intended to be gritty or ground-breaking, so if you find high fantasy cheesy, you won't last long here. But if you've always wished Lord of the Rings had more anal sex, this game is off to a great start. The art and scenery are fantastic for Daz, the writing is all-in, and there's a lot of potential based on the characters and plot so far.

The achievement system was an interesting approach but also distracting. I kept going back and replaying parts to see what I'd missed, which did the immersion factor no favors. I would skip pages so fast to get to the different decisions that the missed achievements might as well have been viewable in the gallery. Another approach might be to show the achievements in a decision tree format, with a brief description of the forks leading up to it ("Choose to be a gentlemen with Selena" etc.) so people could at least skip up to unseen content with some context (or decide whether that route is to their taste). My Wife is a Star does something like this, for one. Another approach would be to have a lot more minor dialogue/action decisions that give personality points that you could spend on something like a skill tree to unlock scenes with different characters.

This is not a medieval sex simulator. For all the close-ups of scantily clad, eyelash-batting females, there's not a lot of actual sex, and the raunch factor is very low. Despite or maybe because of that, the outdoor anal scene feels kind of out of the blue. Still, I took it as a sign of how far the devs were willing to go: this is definitely an adult game.

I only Patreon about 1 in 20 developers, and I'm supporting this one.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Harry6hp

A great game good story
    The story have many emotions the player will be definitely attached to the story and the characters in the game he will feel the anger when selena is killed and even more when Fraeda is be left behind
    the renders are also really good
    game with story mystery fantacy and romance and the story is really really soo good and the MC's relation with the characters is really touching
    The story makes the player cant wait for more chapters .
    A really great heart touching story with great renders I will recommend this as a must play game to everyone can't wait to see more of the story
  5. 2.00 star(s)

jrwizzard

It is free and fantasy niche... if that is all you want, you will like it.

There are no animations, despite the tag. If you click really fast, it is almost like an animation.

The english is poorly written, in desperate need of a proofreader and editor.

The story is cliche and predictable. The premise is good, but poorly written to script.

Characters are unrealistic, cliche, and no backstory to help at all.

Sex scenes are terrible and unrealistic.

Game mechanics, as few as there are, are fine.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Sesinho

The game looks awesome, so far lore oriented and building the world and soe plots and i guess aiming really high, so far few relationships are being built.

I just saw a scene where a girl had to run for her life, and as she tells in tears how they beheaded her brother, being held and conforted the camera focus on her ass.

Its like someone completely different took over the game and decided to put a filler sidequest there with fanservice as a pretext to add some "nudity"

And after That Fraeda changes her hair color. They go to complete the Selene sidequest, Fraeda chokes the guy (the game says Selene chokes the guy). After that, you have the option to hug Fraeda in a POV hug, but behind Fraeda you can only see her shadow. (this is fixed. Nice!)

And here i stop playing until it develops farther, maybe 6 months. First 2 chapters need a lot of fixing. (a lot of fixing happened it seems, so developer pays attention and cares about the game.)

In my playthrough without WT i could only advance with one girl, the one i didnt like. Maybe im not in the mood, but i got really bored.

What i can say is that in some renders where there are shadows, the dark areas make polygons visible.
    The game seems to be good, but in this second attempt personally didnt like it in this second attempt
  7. 5.00 star(s)

V1sibleDarkn3ss

(Ch. I & II) Solid art, audio, & story line. There are a fair number of typos/misspelled words, but that's to be somewhat expected when dealing with non-native English speakers. Really looking forward to where this goes!
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Zodiac1994

interesting story although a bit harsh sometimes :D. Graphics are very good, music and sound effects really add to the atmosphere.
    At time of writing there's quite a bunch of typo's, but it doesn't hinder too much. There's a fair amount of text anyways. That could be a negative point for some, but for me it works flashing out the story. It was mentioned that typo's would be tackled in future versions.

Looking forward how the game develops!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

andre687s

Rating for the Ch I - II

Renders - 4.9/5

One of the best Daz3D renders game, and when it comes to the Fantastic genre, the dev(s) built an immersive environment (landscapes, buildings, the lightning in the tent (Nia), overall, solid.

Characters - 4.5/5
    A solid roster from day1 (the chars' renders are sublime), In the first two chapters you will learn their stories, fore some more than others.
    As expected for a first release of a "story based VN" you won't be able to have sex with the main characters, there are two sex scenes.

Audio - 4.9/5
    There is absolutely nothing to say, almost perfect. Sometimes it felt like a tv show. There is a tutorial explaining how it works at the start of the game.

Story - 4.5/5
    There is a bit of dragon age, the lord of the rings and a story-line (scene by scene) like game of thrones.
    Dwarfs, Elfs, Humans, and the author "mentioned every kind of life", so who knows what else.

Text/Writing - between a 3.0 and a 4.0
    A non native english speaker may find the writing fine, well written. 4.0 even 4.5 compared to the other games

As a native english speaker i found some "weird things" nothing game breaking but you should look for a native english volunteer to fix the grammar here and there. so 3.0 to 3.5. (Still, good job)

Overall a solid 4.7/5

10. 4.00 star(s)

JamesMacC

I have never reviewed anything on this site before, so bare with me.

These sorts of devs annoy me the most. You spend so much time and effort on your visuals (which are great) and on your script and coding but then you can't spare a few hours to properly proof read your story/game.

PLEASE!!!!!! proof read your stories/games. I have high hopes for this game but I can't get past the grammatical errors and/or the more often then not cringey dialogue.

Overall. Great visuals and interesting world/premise but the writing needs work, mostly just needs a proof reader/editor.

I'm routing for you Dev.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

fantom2u

For a fantasy erotic, this is pretty damn good. Has the potential to be the best in the genre, but I usually don't give a review this early into a game (first release); however, this has to be one of the largest first releases I've played on here. The writing quality is not perfect, but better than so many games/VN presented, and the renders are quite good. Though the story is different than Game of Thrones, I feel the creator is inspired by that story, at least in as far as favorite characters dying off seem to be an early theme.. which is my only negative about this. Great first release, look forward to more.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

pavar

This review is based on ch. 1-2

PLOT 5/5
    It is refreshing to find a game with an actual plot. The story is a fantasy world of sword and magic, with the classical races that this presumes. Only elves and dwarves have been shown so far, but perhaps in the future we will see more. the dialogues fit well with the lore, while for the moment the decisions you get to make are lacking, but as explained by the developer, it is only the beginning of the journey and things will improve.

CHARACTERS 4.5/5
    For the most part, the character are well designed, with specific traits and personalities. What makes me quibble a bit is that some of the responses to your (few) decisions are on the edge of breaking character. Nontheless, while a bit of fleshing out is needed, it is a very good start.

RENDERS 4.5/5
    Most renders are very good, with only some that are subpar (if considered along the rest). Finally a game without gravity-defying-tits and car-airbag-type butts!

SOUND/MUSIC 5/5
    The music fits perfectly with the story and the sound are just as needed without any excess. Well done!

OVERALL SCORE 4.7

GRIPES
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Pogo123

This is would maybe deserve 3.5 if not 4 stars cause of the story quality, the map introduction, the intro with help of a nice lady who explains very generous but i decided to give it 3 stars.

Attention: this review will be totally personal and i didn't play the hole preview cause of a reason which is going to be a small spoiler so be warned:

Pros:
    + the character quality is really good
    + aesthetically girls
    + really thoughtout and nice story idea
    + introdicuction is great and very smart
    +rpg style even with achievments! (really cool idea!)
    + many characters
    + view animations

Cons:
    - SPOILER! hottest aka curviest and prettiest girl dies and you can't do anything about it!
    - POV style story telling
    - you don't really play other characters you mainly play a young man via POV (first person view)...
    - most girls look too thin Selene was the best and dies...
    - not really as interactive as i thought

It REALLY bothers me that most girls are pretty (like Nia) but don't really have curves, the mutiple mc stuff kept my hope high to play as different characters in different scenes and not in first person... i also didn't want to play a young man most of the time... but even there are still some sexy girls like Nia, Freda and especially that evelen girl Losi (she would be mainly the only reason why i would still play it after Selene's death..) that quick introduction of Selene, the very early sex with her (which looked nice even with the annoying hidden face) and then her sudden early death did felt neither interesting nor satisfying. - especially when she was my fav character visually. oh well... and i also don't play as old dumbledore-guy...

but again i can't rate this game bad cause of these things which personally really bothered me cause the character quality is really really good, the intro with the mysteriou princess was genious and cute, the prologue with the map and the Game of Thrones style of Kingdoms and races is really nice and felt really RPG like. but even you have very creative achievements its still not a real RPG. and you primary flirt with every girl but don't play as them.
    Also i personally like Marisa and her character but her hair... damn... Freda's, Selene's and especially Nia's hair are so nice but Marisa's uff... xD give her a ponytail or short hair maybe?

Conclusion: really promising game with a good quality but not mine style wise cause of many reasons and then my fav female char dies not even 2 hours ingame... sad...