Others - Completed - Hell After School [Final] [ST Hot Dog King]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Fidzius

Unfortunately not worth playing.

Its not necessarily bad, just not fun.

• The grindy aspects aren't rewarding enough, but are plenty repetitive .
    • Survival part is useless- it could have been interesting to build necessary survival spots and watch your thirst and hunger, but raw materials are found commonly enough to start ignoring them entirely.
    • Limitations on carry capacity- you can carry any amount of wood, metal, ammo, yet can't bring more than 3 pieces of stake, especially when it's not worth the restrictions.
    • Resource management isn't challenging or balanced (farmed carrots < common floor potato chips; water harvest spots are basically useless).
    • Lack of polish- animations can't be sped up, even though you get to see them over and over again; item pick-up and downed enemy interaction hit-boxes are tiny and shift around, items are prioritized over limited timing enemies.

Subjective dislikes:
    • It's a maze- collapsed roofs and blocked entries/ exits are logical and having a large map could be nice, but it still ends up being a linear progression between keys, just having to stumble around to find the often unmarked rooms for them.
    • Limited saving- save spots are either existing or player built beds, making the long convoluted journeys between them annoying.
    • Low impact upgrades- other than the melee upgrades, that are limited by exploration progress, DNA based upgrades for don't feel like doing anything- just extending time between drinking, eating and sleeping.
    • No healing carrying- full restoration for sleeping in beds, nothing else. Makes survival bars even less interesting. Survival isn't a challenge, not being able to heal when needed results in more walking and time wasted, not tension and careful planning.
    It had an interesting premise and concepts, just not enough attention to details and polish to make it a fun game.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Goldspark1

I greatly enjoyed this game. Though keep in mind, I am a big fan of ST Hot Dog Games and that may be affecting my score. Here are my thoughts.

First the combat/survival. I actually enjoyed the survival and combat. You have to balance Hunger/Food/Health as you fight your way through the game. The resource points respawn as you go to bed so their is little worry of trapping yourself by having low health and cannot reach the next safe area. The food and water were also fun mechanics to manage as you have to keep them up. Was also fun to upgrade your character/weapons with the special additions.

Though for me, my favorite part had to be the transformation. We see the main characters breasts expand and contract as she collects DNA capsules. Not only does this offer a fun sex scene to watch. It also adds a gameplay mechanic as you are encouraged to collect as many DNA capsules from enemies by having sex with them.

The environments are also nice to look at. They really do make you feel like you are in a zombie apacoplse. My only critic is why not give the MC a non gas form of transportation. I doubt gasoline is common in the apocylapse?

The game also has some small puzzle solving where you have to figure out what keys unlock new areas and go there to explore and continue the story. I personally never had much trouble looking for the next area and welcomed the challenge. For others, I can understand getting a little frustrated.

The menu was a little weird at the beginning. For example, it is not space bar or enter for doing main command but 'z'.

Anyway, these are my thoughts and enjoyed the game.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

rossanna

3 scenes and 1 more when you reach max size. Game runs bad too. The art looks like they took it straight from a flash game. I don't know why anyone would make this tbh, its just so bad and lacks content.