Helluuu!

Vialyn

Feb 21, 2023
Heya-- long time lurker, second time poster, and I just go by Lyn. Used to have an account, at some point, buuuut never really posted with it, because social phobias. Got curious about what all sorts of intros people might give here, and then felt like posting something myself! For some reason!

Anyways, not sure what people'd normally share about themselves, since it's both more and less personal of a place... hrm... On a subrettit or such, I'd probably lead with answering or asking a question, or on dating app, I might just lead with "I'm a six-foot-three lesbian," but what all's worth talking about? Anything H-related, I figure, right?

Well, I've been big on H-games ever since, like, Demon Girl showing up on Newgrounds, for what that's worth, with recent favorites including Kurovadis, Atelier Tia, Lewdest Labyrinth, and the upcoming Future Fragments. Big on the action platformers, in particular, along with the occasional RPG or whatnot. As far as earlier games... I think the first I played outside of one or two on Newgrounds was an early version of Slave Maker? And the first H-game I'd bought was... Miminazori, I think?

Basically, though, I like most games where you get to lead cute girls through perilous environs, with a bias towards anything "less straight", be that tentacles, monsters, machines, or, of course, yuri in any form (because, like, lesbian, so, obviously, lol). Feel free to take any of those as recommendations, or to suggest anything you think might hold similar appeal!

Other than games, I've mostly just done some writing and EPR sorts of stuff. Not really into much in way of video, though, as both hentai and standard stuff are kinda mostly made for guys, I guess? All the cheesy overacting kinda kills the appeal for me-- part of why I gravitated towards games and writing and such in the first place. But, then again, part of that's also just the fact that there really isn't much in way of yuri, given how ass-backwards Japan's social culture can be. A shame, really-- cute girls and stuff, always a big fan of pairing more of them together!

Oh! Speaking of, I know a fair big of the language (Japanese), but I'm pretty miserably slow at translating kanji, and H-games don't often include furigana, lol. I'd be full weeb if I didn't kinda hate Japan's misogynistic/homophobic social cultural failings, but anime is probably my biggest hobby. Or, rather, I've watched several tens of thousands of hours of anime, send help. Actually, though, I end up rewatching quite a lot of anime, as I'm a big fan of reaction content on youtube as an excuse to rewatch the same show 20 times.

Favorite anime... is probably Re:Zero, but that's cheating a bit, as I've read ahead in the web novel, too. Subaru is actually my favorite male character in basically anything, though Killua from Hunter x Hunter comes close. And Emilia is just, like, way too cute and sad. But anyways. Favorite light novel is Ascendance of a Bookworm, and my most anticipated anime of the year is definitely WataOshi (ENG name something like "I Love the Villainess"), because good yuri is rare, and I loved the web novel enough to even do some translation stuff. Speaking of, The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Girl is also more good yuri that's actually in this season, which has been another great one I was only caught up to the manga for, so it's going past where I'd read. Curious to see how that develops.

Ah, but other big favorites for anime include Mob Psycho (Reigan's got some of the best moments ever), Haikyuu (that receive in season 4!!), and One Piece. Big on anything that has really good "pivotal moments" or such, and I catch a lot of anime that tend to slip through the cracks for others, like Odd Taxi, Ranking of Kings, and Paripi Koumei. Also read most of the LNs I can find, but that mostly just amounts to whatever jnovel has. Mostly prefer sub over dub, but for a good dub, I'm fine with either, and there are definitely some dubs that feel like the best way to watch (Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, et cetera).

Other than that, also big on games... but they get expensive, so less so lately, I guess? Nowadays, I mostly play Smash Bros, roguelites like Risk of Rain 2/Enter the Gungeon, a bit of Mario Kart/Party, some Starcraft 2 co-op (Activision can go die in a ditch, mind), and FFXIV... though, I'm on hiatus for that, for now.

As far as youtube goes, that... would be too long of a list, and I've rambled for long enough.

Basically, I'm an introvert who spent years not talking, so it comes out all-at-once. Pretty much an open book, even if questions get personal, so long as people aren't asking stalker sorts of stuff, though. I have a discord and such, but, like, it's my fifth account as-is, because I have the worst time of attracting stalkers, apparently, so I'm going to hold off on posting that, at least, for now. ^^;

Anyways! Feel free to chat me up about literally any of this stuff, or whatever else. I'm friendly and all, but just hella awkward. Otherwise, I'm mostly just here to check out new games and stuff, maybe make some recommendations, write some reviews-- that sort of thing. Speaking of, if someone could point me in the direction of where I can click to start writing a review, I'd be much obliged.

Reactions: Armonie

Vialyn

Feb 21, 2023
I swear that I can make shorter replies, too-- just wanted a contrast to the usual of a short "hi." Not going to drown every post I make in some endless deluge of text like that!