Others Helluva Hound [v0.95] [Beachside Bunnies]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

PsychicJohn

May 9, 2020
Ever since the developer decided to not release the games on patreon anymore, it seems the updates on here have dried up. Island secretary for example got updated to 1.9 almost about 2 months ago and it still didn't get updated here on f95.

Another thing which i find weird, apparently the move to switch to their own site for game downloads was bcs patreon being jumpy with furry stuff and the danger of the content being taken down. They also wanted to open a SubscribeStar page bcs they aren't as strict.

And yet the patreon update posts still feature progress screenshots of furry characters with complete visible nudity. So whats the issue with offering the game downloads there?
There is also no SubscribeStar page as of yet after all this time.

If i may speculate, the dev just pretended to do this bcs of patreon and actually just wanted to prevent ppl grabbing their games via kemono.

Again, just speculation, but if true, it would be nice if they were upfront about it. Not saying we deserve the games or anything.
Hell, we are pirating the shit here and the dev can do whatever they want with their stuff, but i just wanted to voice my opinion on the situation regardless.

BeeStrongBad

Feb 4, 2021
And yet the patreon update posts still feature progress screenshots of furry characters with complete visible nudity. So whats the issue with offering the game downloads there?
It's not furry characters nude, it's furry characters having sex, in particular "work that focuses on animal genitalia". Unfortunately it's a super grey area, no idea what this means. Patreon has answered my direct questions saying anthro x anthro is okay, and anthro x human is okay, so long as there 'isn't too much focus on genitalia'. Does this mean zooming in on the penetration is not allowed? Who knows.

It's why the island secretary latest update had the red rocket dick option removed. It was quite large in the scene. You'll see that all the preview images and stuff on Patreon all had to be edited to remove the red rockets. Mostly just to make sure the thumbnails and preview images aren't as 'hardcore'. Honestly took days to go through every post and edit, putting me behind in making stuff.

The other reason the downloads are offered on the website and not the patreon pages themselves, is if my account was ever put into review or worse, people who are eligible can still access the content regardless via the website. Attachments are limited to 200mb on Patreon, and I have started hitting this limit with some games also.

There is also no SubscribeStar page as of yet after all this time.
It's only been about two months so far since I said I would look into it. I've got it setup and approved but i also need to look into their API to integrate it with my existing Patreon API access key stuff. Creating games/videos is my #1 priority, I need to find time to look into it. Honestly it's probably not until at least after the Rosy Passion game has a release sorry.

I am honest with my updates, hopefully this helps explain what's going on, on my end.

EDIT: I'll add the back and forward I had with patreon about this:
answers.jpg

Last edited:

PsychicJohn

May 9, 2020
It's not furry characters nude, it's furry characters having sex, in particular "work that focuses on animal genitalia". Unfortunately it's a super grey area, no idea what this means. Patreon has answered my direct questions saying anthro x anthro is okay, and anthro x human is okay, so long as there 'isn't too much focus on genitalia'. Does this mean zooming in on the penetration is not allowed? Who knows.

It's why the island secretary latest update had the red rocket dick option removed. It was quite large in the scene. You'll see that all the preview images and stuff on Patreon all had to be edited to remove the red rockets. Honestly took days to go through every post and edit, putting me behind in making stuff.

It's only been about two months so far since I said I would look into it. I've got it setup and approved but i also need to look into their API to integrate it with my existing Patreon API access key stuff. Creating games/videos is my #1 priority, I need to find time to look into it. Honestly it's probably not until at least after the Rosy Passion game has a release.

I am honest with my updates, hopefully this helps explain what's going on, on my end.

View attachment 3817306
I see. Thank you for answering so openly even though this is a piracy community.

So if i got this right, you had to move the downloads to your own site as to not compromise on the content in your games?

For example the red rocket stuff, putting the links on your own site allows you to keep it in your games, while if you were to put them on patreon, you would put your account in danger of repercussions.

Last edited:

BeeStrongBad

Feb 4, 2021
I see. Thank you for answering so openly even though this is a piracy community.

So if i got this right, you had to move the downloads to your own site as to not compromise on the content in your games?

For example the red rocket stuff, putting the links on your own site allows you to keep it in your games, while if you were to put them on patreon, you would put your account in danger of repercussions.
Hmm not quite, sorry I was updating my post as you replied, but it's more like safeguarding my posts, making sure they are still accessible to people who have subscribed regardless of outcome. A subscriber can still access my work completely separate to the Patreon post feed.

I'd like to believe I am within their ToS, I am trying to do the right thing. But because of the unclear answer I got from Patreon, I am taking precautions. The main concern for me was people who had paid and perhaps not be able to get the games.

Patreon is still working for me at the moment so it's a lower priority to spend even more time with API stuff with subscribestar (and to be honest, I don't enjoy it nearly as much as animating and making games)

\\_Tremolo_//

Jul 1, 2022

It's why the island secretary latest update had the red rocket dick option removed. It was quite large in the scene. You'll see that all the preview images and stuff on Patreon all had to be edited to remove the red rockets. Mostly just to make sure the thumbnails and preview images aren't as 'hardcore'. Honestly took days to go through every post and edit, putting me behind in making stuff.

The other reason the downloads are offered on the website and not the patreon pages themselves, is if my account was ever put into review or worse, people who are eligible can still access the content regardless via the website. Attachments are limited to 200mb on Patreon, and I have started hitting this limit with some games also.

It's only been about two months so far since I said I would look into it. I've got it setup and approved but i also need to look into their API to integrate it with my existing Patreon API access key stuff. Creating games/videos is my #1 priority, I need to find time to look into it. Honestly it's probably not until at least after the Rosy Passion game has a release sorry.

View attachment 3817306
Deym man, and all this patreon-fuss is about dick look alike red rocket:WeSmart:, can't even imagine dick-headed cartoon dude
0l6kw3ng18ty.png
..Wait what??.

PsychicJohn

May 9, 2020
Hmm not quite, sorry I was updating my post as you replied, but it's more like safeguarding my posts, making sure they are still accessible to people who have subscribed regardless of outcome. A subscriber can still access my work completely separate to the Patreon post feed.

I'd like to believe I am within their ToS, I am trying to do the right thing. But because of the unclear answer I got from Patreon, I am taking precautions. The main concern for me was people who had paid and perhaps not be able to get the games.

Patreon is still working for me at the moment so it's a lower priority to spend even more time with API stuff with subscribestar (and to be honest, I don't enjoy it nearly as much as animating and making games)
Oh so you actually had to cut content for island secretary (red rocket option). I first thought it was only about the screenshots on patreon, not the game content itself.

i can understand working on stuff for the SubscribeStar API and programming all that into your site and games is less fun, but it also sounds like patreon could potentially hold you back in the future regarding what content you can and cannot put into your works

Edit:

Yeah uh, I don't want to compromise my games any further to be honest. If the situation gets worse, moving to subscribestar will move up on the priority list.
Ah that answers my post as well. Again thank you for taking your time to answer all of this

Reactions: BeeStrongBad
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes