• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

help fixing translation error

angel6666

Dec 28, 2018
hello everyone
im trying to translate a game andi started with the game menu ( screens.rpy ) , but every time im trying to start the game to test it i get these error
sfs.png

ldscs.png

im new at these and im still learning , i even try to leave it as it is without translation but didnt work .

i will really appreciate the help , thanks

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
hello everyone
im trying to translate a game andi started with the game menu ( screens.rpy ) , but every time im trying to start the game to test it i get these error
View attachment 439346

View attachment 439347

im new at these and im still learning , i even try to leave it as it is without translation but didnt work .

i will really appreciate the help , thanks
You just have to delete those lines 106 & 107 in this file. This error is not very common but can happen when there are 2 or more strings with the same text. In your case, there's a "Disable" comand in both common.rpy and screens.rpy files. Ren'py usually recognizes this duplicated strings and skips the second one when creating the translation files, but sometimes shit happens.

Reactions: angel6666

angel6666

Dec 28, 2018
You just have to delete those lines 106 & 107 in this file. This error is not very common but can happen when there are 2 or more strings with the same text. In your case, there's a "Disable" comand in both common.rpy and screens.rpy files. Ren'py usually recognizes this duplicated strings and skips the second one when creating the translation files, but sometimes shit happens.

it work thank you so much , but now a new shit happens :)
sdf.png

im trying to translate to arabic

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah, I guess language could be the problem now. Maybe the font used by the game's dev doesn't support arabic letters? Not sure if there's any other arabic translator around here who could tell you how to solve that :(

angel6666

Dec 28, 2018
thanks anyway my friend , maybe someone did see that kind of problem with other language and give me a fix for it

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
thanks anyway my friend , maybe someone did see that kind of problem with other language and give me a fix for it
Look what I've found, updating your ren'py version might help "A bug that caused Arabic text to display as squares on Windows has been fixed. "

Reactions: angel6666

angel6666

Dec 28, 2018
Look what I've found, updating your ren'py version might help "A bug that caused Arabic text to display as squares on Windows has been fixed. "
i fixed it my friend thank you so much , i jusy have a font that supports Arabic characters it's not built-in ( didnt think the game didnt have a font because the arabic language option was already there )

Reactions: moskyx