Ren'Py HELP ....... HOW TO FORCE TRANSITION TO NEXT EPISODES/chapter

Egai123

Jun 24, 2021
I have downloaded a 12 episodes game but it stop some where in the middle and the page to : "To be continued " pops up and go back to start again .. repeating as a new game; I know the game does not complete there. it still has couple of chapters left,

Is there anyway I can force it to go to the next chapter or episode in Ren'Py game?

Thanks

1687252300655.png

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Try rolling the game back a bit (page up), or use a save that was created before that.

It isn't a good idea to save right at the end of a version because sometimes the jump to the next chapter happens before where you saved, just like it happened with you.

As a last resort it is also possible to force the game to jump to the start of the next chapter, but you will have to open the game files to do that.

Reactions: Egai123

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
As a last resort it is also possible to force the game to jump to the start of the next chapter, but you will have to open the game files to do that.
Not necessarily. Opening the game files is to know the label name, but you can perfectly branch to it from the console with jump LABEL_NAME. The only constraint is that the game need to have been started (so the save file loaded).

This being said, what do they say in the game thread ? I'm sure that it would have been a better place where to ask for help.

Reactions: Egai123

Egai123

Jun 24, 2021
Thank you for jumping in to help.

I have tried what Meaningless advise but still not picking up. i posted on the game discussion and but no help so i posted here.
the game link is : https://f95zone.to/threads/bastard-s2-ep-2-clerik.85714/page-33
As per Anne; i have posted on game discussion but none responded , I will send to the developer now .. see what ahe/he advise,

Alternatively I am asking a full save file from other players and use it.

Any other recommendation will be appreciated.

thanks

Egai123

Jun 24, 2021
Thank you.

Never mind I have decided to move on,,, Total waste of time although the story seem interesting.. anyway hips of game to choice from f95zone and move on unless DEV want to shed some light on the problem.

Just a thought,,, If that is the end of season 1 with 12 episode than ,,, 4,4GB memory is a total waste...!!!