HELP! Some games not working!

May 11, 2022
Hello! i have a problem at rpg games as everytime i run it, it's not working at all even tho i run it in administrator.

Here's some examples:

1678093676712.png 1678093740813.png

1678093782096.png

Now all of that is from task manager.. they process but it quits automatically! please help!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Here's some examples:
Hmm, I don't know if it's related, but in your first screenshot there's "icsys.icn" and it's a Trojan used to mine crypto by using your computer. Normally should help you get rid of it. I highly recommend you to use an anti-virus.

This being said, the same first screenshot also show something strange.
There's "game" and "game (2)", the "(2)" part being automatically added by Windows when you create a file with a name that already exist. There's absolutely no reason for this to happen for games, because they have absolutely no reason to have duplicated file names.
So, my guess is that you uncompress them in some generic directory, always the same, discarding the fact that they should have their own dedicated directory (one by game). This create a total mess, games not knowing which files are effectively theirs and not being able to works because of this.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 213664

May 11, 2022
Hmm, I don't know if it's related, but in your first screenshot there's "icsys.icn" and it's a Trojan used to mine crypto by using your computer. Normally should help you get rid of it. I highly recommend you to use an anti-virus.

There's "game" and "game (2)", the "(2)" part being automatically added by Windows when you create a file with a name that already exist. There's absolutely no reason for this to happen for games, because they have absolutely no reason to have duplicated file names.
So, my guess is that you uncompress them in some generic directory, always the same, discarding the fact that they should have their own dedicated directory (one by game). This create a total mess, games not knowing which files are effectively theirs and not being able to works because of this.
didn't work :(, if i can send a video.. i'll send you one

May 11, 2022

okay this is weird.. i open it using winrar and it works.. How?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
okay this is weird.. i open it using winrar and it works.. How?
Exactly for the reason I said above. You are extracting all the games in the exact same folder, overwriting or renaming the files that they need to works. This while playing them directly from winrar (grrrr) act as if the game have its own directory and therefore all is files are available and exactly the one it needs to work.

Said otherwise: Those archive all starts by a folder, it's the folder that you have to extract (the whole content will follow).
Actually it don't works because... Sorry, I don't even know how to explain it since it really looks like the most basic knowledge ever.

May 11, 2022
Exactly for the reason I said above. You are extracting all the games in the exact same folder, overwriting or renaming the files that they need to works. This while playing them directly from winrar (grrrr) act as if the game have its own directory and therefore all is files are available and exactly the one it needs to work.

Said otherwise: Those archive all starts by a folder, it's the folder that you have to extract (the whole content will follow).
Actually it don't works because... Sorry, I don't even know how to explain it since it really looks like the most basic knowledge ever.
do you mean with own folder is this one? after i extract it?

1678110638722.png

if yes.. that's where the problem is. after i extract the game files with it's respective folder and run the game inside that folder, the error happends.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
You will probably have to eliminate the malware you have on your pc first.

icsys.icn is probably what is causing you this issue.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
it keeps coming back bro.. i even install

this one
Personally I would recommend formatting your computer because if you have that you probably have more stuff as well.

Also as a future tip, you should never run games or softwares you don't fully trust as administrator, that's probably exactly how you managed to get that in the first place.

Reactions: 213664

May 11, 2022
Personally I would recommend formatting your computer because if you have that you probably have more stuff as well.

Also as a future tip, you should never run games or softwares you don't fully trust as administrator, that's probably exactly how you managed to get that in the first place.
it works! but at what cost lmao but thanks! i think the malware got into my pc cause of the idm crack

• Sad
Reactions: Meaning Less