Help With Blender Rigging (NSFW)

ragnarokhybrid

Jun 30, 2022
Hey everyone,
Quick intro: I'm a small YouTuber who's been recently writing up some game design documentation for a sex RPG. I don't make much from YouTube (or my full-time job) so before seeking help with the project I figured I would try to learn a bit myself. I know nothing about making a real game. The extent of my experience comes from making "Waning" on Dreams. So all of this is new to me.

I've been using Honey Select 2 to create concepts for scenes and characters so it was a huge deal when I found out you can export character meshes from Studio Neo V2 to Blender. I was following which has worked to moderate success. Texturing is an issue I have to come back to and the whole thing is really tedious but it's a step in the right direction.

I've also been following some guides on how to rig meshes. I wanted to do this first to get some poseable/moveable characters to start playing around with things. But I'm having an issue with the mesh tearing when I pose the arms and legs. I looks like this:
Reneetear.png Reneetear2.png Reneetear3.png

I've attached the Blend file for this character (had to do it as a .zip, hope that's alright). I'm really hoping the issue is just with my rigging and not with the mesh itself as being able to export these characters straight from HS2 would cut out the need for modeling, etc. But any help is appreciated.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
It's a problem with the mesh. The vertices at those points aren't connected together.

Fortunately its very easy to fix. Go into Edit mode, select your whole mesh, then go into the Mesh menu, Clean up, Merge by distance. Set the distance to something very small, and it will connect the vertices together where the mesh is ripping apart.

After that you prob got to remove your rig and do that part again as the weight painting around the parts that are currently being ripped won't be correct. It's easier just to rig it again then fixing the weight painting.

ragnarokhybrid

Jun 30, 2022
It's a problem with the mesh. The vertices at those points aren't connected together.

Fortunately its very easy to fix. Go into Edit mode, select your whole mesh, then go into the Mesh menu, Clean up, Merge by distance. Set the distance to something very small, and it will connect the vertices together where the mesh is ripping apart.

After that you prob got to remove your rig and do that part again as the weight painting around the parts that are currently being ripped won't be correct. It's easier just to rig it again then fixing the weight painting.
Thanks a bunch! Going to try that out as soon as I can!

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
The issue with Synx's method is changing the mesh changes the vertex order. If the program exports shape keys/blend shapes/morphs too, those will be useless. Never used HS2 so I don't know if it does.

ragnarokhybrid

Jun 30, 2022
Update: Using Merge by distance seems to have worked like a charm! I don't think I ran into the vertex order issue (but I will certainly find out inevitably). Thanks for the help.

I have another somewhat unrelated question which I'll plop here for now in case anyone has any idea: I read somewhere a few months ago that Studio Neo V2 poses could be exported/converted to be opened in programs like Blender but I can't for the life of me find that post anymore. Does anyone know anything about this? I made a bunch of concept poses using HS2/Studio Neo so I'm hoping to cut out a lot of redundant work.

Thanks a bunch!