Others Daz Help with file management and catagories in DAZ3d

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
I don't know how to explain this so bare with me, I recently started using DAZ and it's been fun but the one thing that's annoying is finding things in the content library. When scrolling down looking for clothes for example, there's so many folder I have to drill down before anything appears in the preview tab. Also I have outfits but then the materials are in a completetly different folder tree for some reason. Did I by any chance install the content wrong? Currently the only thing I can think of is going into my folder and one by one moving things out of one folder and into a more relevant folder so I can just hypothetically go into Gen8Female>Clothes>Then have different types of clothes like skirt/dresses/shoes etc. here. I read online it's kinda of possible to do that with catagories but I can't figure it out for the life of me.
Again I don't know if this is the right place to post this or if I explained it correctly so sorry in advance.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
You can sort the content library yourself. Here are some videos about it, it's simple but tedious process. If you want to sort your library, it's better to manually install the assets rather than letting Daz install them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rizo

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
You can sort the content library yourself. Here are some videos about it, it's simple but tedious process. If you want to sort your library, it's better to manually install the assets rather than letting Daz install them.

Yea only manually installed content by placing the content folder in my daz content folder. Thanks for the reply. I'll check those videos out, I thought it's better to get on top of it now before I have so many items it's to much to sort.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Note that one simple way of approaching this is to make copies of .duf files (and their associated icons). Files with different extensions shouldn't be moved, but .duf can live just about anywhere. So, one approach is to install using the "default" mechanism, then, as you find items you want to use over and over again, build a separate hierarchy of just the .duf files using File Explorer or whatever.

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
Note that one simple way of approaching this is to make copies of .duf files (and their associated icons). Files with different extensions shouldn't be moved, but .duf can live just about anywhere. So, one approach is to install using the "default" mechanism, then, as you find items you want to use over and over again, build a separate hierarchy of just the .duf files using File Explorer or whatever.
Yea I just saw that in one of the videos that was linked. I know it will take some time but it will be a lot better for the future, so I think I'll take time and make subfolders like different types of clothes and age ranges etc. and put the .duf files in there to organize and make finding certain things easier. Thanks for the easier explanation though!