• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Help with key ALT F4 and X

Checkman

May 24, 2017
I have no idea how to make this work

The yesno screen as far I can understand is the screen "confirm" and it does work when I start the game with the label start.

Now what I want is to be able to press ALT F4 everywhere (before the main menu, in the main menu, and so on) and for it to pop up. Also, when I click on X if the window is minimized for it to work too. I have figured out quite a bit of other things, but for some reason, I can't make this one work, or find a good explanation somewhere.

Any sort of help is appreciated.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Now what I want is to be able to press ALT F4 everywhere (before the main menu, in the main menu, and so on) and for it to pop up.
Er... There's one, and only one, case where it's not what happen, and it's when you haven't started the game yet.
What is relatively logical, because at this time you're expected to know what you are doing.
The confirmation window on quit is to prevent accidental closing. But when you're on the main menu, right after the game finished its init phase, and right before you effectively starts the game, there's near to no risk for an accidental quit. Therefore, no need for a confirmation dialbox to pop-up.

Also, when I click on X if the window is minimized for it to work too.
This would need to operate deep inside Ren'Py core.
And here again it's the expected behavior. One can't really do an accidental quit this way, therefore there's no need for a confirmation.

Checkman

May 24, 2017
It is not because of preventing any accidental closing or anything, it's just annoying that after starting the game I can do it, but not in the main menu. What I meant when I said before the main menu is that I made an intro screen that shows before it, my mistake I worded it badly. It is dumb I know, but it kinda ticks me off. Hahaha. :D I simply want the screen to be everywhere when a person tries to quit except for when clicking Quit in the menu.