a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hi Guys,is there anywhere to get a guide for this game,as I have a few quests but can't seem to get the right time or place to update the quests,on a lot of them.
I have found a lot just by grinding or checjking the smartphone,one is the Hypnotze book,I can't remember who or where this William guy is,to increase the Hypnotize skill further.
Not right now but you can ask all your questions here and get help when needed.
The web site had an out of date one that helps a little getting started but the site is down at this time.
We are all hoping the site will come back soon though.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Hi Guys,is there anywhere to get a guide for this game,as I have a few quests but can't seem to get the right time or place to update the quests,on a lot of them.
I have found a lot just by grinding or checjking the smartphone,one is the Hypnotze book,I can't remember who or where this William guy is,to increase the Hypnotize skill further.
Sure thing. William is the detective you go to whenever you want one of the PTA members investigated to start their corruption quests. You can also practice Hypnosis by triggering a repeatable event in the park + in the hospital (I think they have a 2-3 day cooldown).

so im guessing the games dead now. all the files are attached to the hhs+ site and cant be accessed now
Discussions - and, by extension, help and advice - are ongoing, the game itself is available via numerous file sharing websites, so the game is anything but "dead". The only reason I could see to be thinking like that would be because development is on-hold, but the dev did say they would be looking for alternatives if they cannot bring the website (server?) back.

Reactions: alex2011

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
Such a shame. it had a huge push for a while, but then they went that weird closed dev version route wiht what...8 years between updates?

kinopu

Mar 22, 2019
Don't think they had a project manager. They have multiple devs working on different things and just keep working and working and working. There was no main person to tell them where to cut off and version it out so dev just keeps going on forever.

barteke22

Sep 23, 2017
I think part of the reason is that the engine is updated more or less as often as the event side, and any bigger change to the engine means that players have to start a new game. This caused complaints, though I guess there's equal complaints about this approach.

Bugfixes to existing events can be for the most part done without needing to include the engine updates, and usually don't break save compatibility (done on the public version). However adding new content is obviously preferable on the latest build (so that it doesn't have to be redone) with the latest 'toys', but that build might not be stable/tested enough for public use.

The latest delay might be partly my fault, as I've 'snuck in' a somewhat big change just as things were getting to a stable point, which prompted Shilo to add other big changes to expand on it.

And true, I don't think there's really anyone in charge, this is mostly a hobby project where people often vanish for long periods of time.

schizoviper

Nov 12, 2020
has the website for this been shut down or moved it wont load, says in edge welcome to you new web server chrome wont even let me connect

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Such a shame. it had a huge push for a while, but then they went that weird closed dev version route wiht what...8 years between updates?
I mean, they are doing it entirely on free time with no pay from it, so it stands to reason the length of time would be the same with or without the closed dev route.

Don't think they had a project manager. They have multiple devs working on different things and just keep working and working and working. There was no main person to tell them where to cut off and version it out so dev just keeps going on forever.
Even if there was such a person, there was no good place in 1.10 to cut off yet. Right before the website issue started, they were still dealing with some fairly major bugs that would have been a huge issue to do a full release with.

I think part of the reason is that the engine is updated more or less as often as the event side, and any bigger change to the engine means that players have to start a new game. This caused complaints, though I guess there's equal complaints about this approach.

Bugfixes to existing events can be for the most part done without needing to include the engine updates, and usually don't break save compatibility (done on the public version). However adding new content is obviously preferable on the latest build (so that it doesn't have to be redone) with the latest 'toys', but that build might not be stable/tested enough for public use.

The latest delay might be partly my fault, as I've 'snuck in' a somewhat big change just as things were getting to a stable point, which prompted Shilo to add other big changes to expand on it.

And true, I don't think there's really anyone in charge, this is mostly a hobby project where people often vanish for long periods of time.
There are, and some people (nobody I mentioned in this comment and nobody specific otherwise, just speaking in general) would not be satisfied either way. The other approach would be too buggy, this approach would be too slow, there's just no winning. To be fair, most of the changes were engine changes from what I understand, so it is reasonable that it would take this long with how many issues came up and with the scheduling of each person being free time based. Not to mention the high priority issue with the website.

has the website for this been shut down or moved it wont load, says in edge welcome to you new web server chrome wont even let me connect
Possibly, they are still trying to resolve the issue by trying to contact the actual site owner, but there will be an alternative if things don't work out last I heard. If an alternative site/page pops up for the game, you know the regular site is officially dead for the game and the game has been moved, at least, that's what I got from what has been said in this thread.

Reactions: Soulafein

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
Possibly, they are still trying to resolve the issue by trying to contact the actual site owner, but there will be an alternative if things don't work out last I heard. If an alternative site/page pops up for the game, you know the regular site is officially dead for the game and the game has been moved, at least, that's what I got from what has been said in this thread.
Ah ok, so at least we know there's still someone behind all of it. I thought the vanishing of the website meant that this is gone for good

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ah ok, so at least we know there's still someone behind all of it. I thought the vanishing of the website meant that this is gone for good
No, if anything, just the website. Shilo has said they will look for an alternative if they can't get in touch with the person with actual ownership of the website, which is the current issue. He seems to have dropped off the map for an unknown reason.

barteke22

Sep 23, 2017
AnnetteAndAndy mod: Updated with a fix for Annette events stopping in the public version. You don't need it if you've already progressed her chain to the bedroom (might reset your progress).
Also added some other 1.10 mods shared by users. Link to modlist is in a spoiler in the main post.

Last edited:
Reactions: a1fox3

barteke22

Sep 23, 2017
AnnetteAndAndy mod: Fix pt2 - electric boogaloo. Turns out there was an issue that uncovered a potential bug with refreshing events. Updated mod with a work-around, if you're not getting generic Annette events, this should fix it (failsafe kicks in after day 18).

Limita

Oct 5, 2019
hey, does anyone knows if there is any special scene that I can get if I sell the strange device?

d1Polterghost

Jul 22, 2017
I tried 1.9 with that Lexville mod for a while but those character list improvements in 1.10 actually make this game playable. Finally I can see who belongs to my classes and whos on favorite list. One thing I dont know is what exclamation point next to some names means.
Also theres Bitch sensei.

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes