Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Thanks I tried that and it didn't but went back and it just did. Stuck again.

WHat about Irina? Something about her darker side? I have her teaching theoretical sex ed currently.
Which game version you are running and which game version your saves started at.

April events start by finding her phone in teachers room. Then go to private investigator and investigate her.

Irina does not have a guest. The only custom event, that you might get with her or any other teacher in theoretical sex ed, happens, if school reaches 40 corruption and theoretical sex ed is taught not by Samantha Keller.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Hi there,

there is a question that i find no answer in the playthrough or the comments here :

Beth Manili is upset at me and I tried waiting in front of here appartment like said in the PT. No Result. Help!
Apologize. There should be option for that in interactions with her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Saburo. M

Oct 28, 2019
Do NPCs actually have relationships between each other? What's the point of asking for love interest, encouraging NPC to find someone?
(with pregnancy mod) i had a female student which was impregnated by another male student though they are not in a relationship when asked. but just once though.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Do NPCs actually have relationships between each other? What's the point of asking for love interest, encouraging NPC to find someone?
Yes they do and you can sometimes watch them going at it if you like, sometimes even at the school.
You will need to know where there at doing it though.

Tarango

Aug 6, 2017
Apologize. There should be option for that in interactions with her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And how exactly do you do that? When you talk to her, the only "special" category is the "chat > general discution". I got the photo, and even try to go to her home, but it's empty. I can't even hypnotize her.

Mraz20

Oct 25, 2022
Detective investigations take for along time (about 12 days or less if you speed up by money).
Where I can reduce this time by debug menu (like 1 investigation per 1 day)?
Thnx in advance.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
And how exactly do you do that? When you talk to her, the only "special" category is the "chat > general discution". I got the photo, and even try to go to her home, but it's empty. I can't even hypnotize her.
Chat -> Investigate picture.

But since she is angry at you, I assume that you did that and went for discussing it in office. Wait for cooldown timer to run out. Use PA to try inviting her to office once per week. Once she shows up, investigate picture again.

Last edited:

Tarango

Aug 6, 2017
Chat -> Investigate picture.

But since she is angry at you, I assume that you did that and went for discussing it in office. Wait for cooldown timer to run out. Use PA to try inviting her to office once per week. Once she shows up, investigate picture again.
Indeed, i did that. She was like "mind your business!" or smt.
How long must i wait? I don't know for how long exactly she's angry, but it's been at least 2 weeks. I should wait a month? 2?

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Indeed, i did that. She was like "mind your business!" or smt.
How long must i wait? I don't know for how long exactly she's angry, but it's been at least 2 weeks. I should wait a month? 2?
I don't see how timer works. In test run insulted her on Feb 9, already have her number by Mar 25. Her events do not corrupt her and principal still has to take extra steps to make her accept school policy changes.

Reactions: Tarango

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Do I understand correctly that this change to...UI? Engine? Code?...something - is here to stay?

The downgrade in performance I keep experiencing - pretty much anything that requires a click, from NPC interactions to changing locations - is pretty big. For example, every time I go to another location I can see the nav buttons disappear first, then I stare at the now-clear last location background image for anywhere between ~1 to ~5 seconds, then the new location finally loads. With Layout Limit at 0, Scheduling Frequency at 1, and all Location Layouts boxes unchecked. Or when a random event triggers - for example, the random nurse events in the hospital -, I can see the "default" background image fully load , then jump to the image corresponding to the event.

While it seems like not such a big deal, the reason it stands out is because pre-1.10 Scheduling Frequency anywhere beyond 5 worked flawlessly, and I could actually tell there was struggling when I switched to 5. Now? Several hours down the line I still have trouble spotting any changes performance-wise after going from default settings to "both sliders all the way to the left" (or "both sliders all the way to the right" after THAT, for that matter).

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Not like you can't go into your settings and change the max number of displayed paperdolls per location. You could even set it to 0 to hide them all and have it work just like it did before. Or you could try out the alternative rendering method option there.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Shilo I can, indeed, NOT change that number; the attitude was uncalled for. I already said Layout Limit was at 0.

Alt. loading similarly seems to do nothing; which is the frustrating part - like getting low FPS in a game, going from Ultra to Lowest, and seeing no gains whatsoever. I do suspect something else could be going on, but have exactly zero ideas on where to dig deeper: game settings seem to do nothing performance-wise (or the gains are that miniscule), and any form or performance monitoring I use shows no indication that the computer/system is being pushed to the limit in any capacity.

P.s. Another [unrelated] thing I noticed: sometimes I see the clock advance twice when I move to another location. The most recent example: went from Church to Playground at 15:12, arrived at Church at 15:16 and right afterwards the clock jumped to 15:17. Is that normal? I did see a change in Inhibition for NPCs as I arrived at Church, so it could be somehow related to (or even directly caused by) the stat adjustment event(?), but...is it?

Imthatguy9924

Jun 1, 2017
cant seem to start the Sussan and peter quest line anymore. I do have the Cheat mod and the Student council mod on. Dose this have anything to do with it?

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
I cant seem to start the Chain where Susan talks about her neighborhood so that I can plant the spy cam in peter's room. I have all the requirements but seems that the trigger just doesn't start.
Could you check, if you can reproduce it with mods removed.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Shilo I can, indeed, NOT change that number; the attitude was uncalled for. I already said Layout Limit was at 0.

Alt. loading similarly seems to do nothing; which is the frustrating part - like getting low FPS in a game, going from Ultra to Lowest, and seeing no gains whatsoever. I do suspect something else could be going on, but have exactly zero ideas on where to dig deeper: game settings seem to do nothing performance-wise (or the gains are that miniscule), and any form or performance monitoring I use shows no indication that the computer/system is being pushed to the limit in any capacity.

P.s. Another [unrelated] thing I noticed: sometimes I see the clock advance twice when I move to another location. The most recent example: went from Church to Playground at 15:12, arrived at Church at 15:16 and right afterwards the clock jumped to 15:17. Is that normal? I did see a change in Inhibition for NPCs as I arrived at Church, so it could be somehow related to (or even directly caused by) the stat adjustment event(?), but...is it?
In any case, if you see no improvements from changing any of the layout settings, that means that the layout stuff is not the bottleneck in your case. And if population scheduling does not change it either, then that does not seem to be the bottleneck either. So my guess would be on event execution. You could try to use the Profiler from the debug menu to check if there are any noticeable long-running events when moving between locations.

Are you on 1.10.3.5 already? It's available on the official site (not on F95 yet) and contains among other things a fix for the multithreading of event execution checks being inverted, which caused events to only run in parallel if you _disabled_ multithreading for events.

Time advancing automatically after arriving in a location should not be happening. Perhaps there is a rogue event somewhere that does something and decides to advance time but has no interactive part? Hard to say, since it could also come from a mod (if you are using any).

Reactions: Tsugumi
3.60 star(s) 58 Votes