peixe751

Jul 7, 2017
i have no idea what problem i had, but i think i know why it worked fine for you and luckily its fixed for me too, my game never had more than one people in a place at once, decided to play a bit more today and this happened for the first time. my teacher lounge always only had Cassandra for me, i wonder how much content i may have missed since this never happened before

1585431807507.png

Last edited:
Reactions: NoodleJacuzzi

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I've played through Casandra and Tia's bits, but I can't find Zoe and Amy. I activated them with the code, met Zoe in the gym but I haven't seen her since.
Also:
The natural downside of multiple routes.
I need to find a system that makes ending hunting a bit easier for when I add more B-routes.
How about achievements for each ending? That would give you a place to have hints about the ending without cluttering the logbook (which is it just me or is that pretty badly outdated?)

slackersavior

Jan 11, 2019
I've played through Casandra and Tia's bits, but I can't find Zoe and Amy. I activated them with the code, met Zoe in the gym but I haven't seen her since.
Also:

How about achievements for each ending? That would give you a place to have hints about the ending without cluttering the logbook (which is it just me or is that pretty badly outdated?)
Bleh. Yeah, I really should have made Zoe less specific in her availability. Lots of people confused about it. She was the first character I made, so I spent more time using her to figure out how to make things work and trying to hit every conditional in some way or another. (Also as a test to see if Noodle's modding guide was good enough for any 'ol dunderhead to make a character. Trust me, if I can do it, you can too.)

Zoe alternates evenings between classroom B and the Gym. If you can't find her in one location, check the other. If you can't find her that day, try both locations the next day.

Last edited:

NoodleJacuzzi

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
Good idea, it'd make explaining the potential routes easier. People might be annoyed that you can't get all the achievements on one save file though.
Tia, cassandra, and emma's logbook are def out of date. I'll fix them up asap.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Bleh. Yeah, I really should have made Zoe less specific in her availability. Lots of people confused about it. She was the first character I made, so I spent more time using her to figure out how to make things work and trying to hit every conditional in some way or another. (Also as a test to see if Noodle's modding guide was good enough for any 'ol dunderhead to make a character. Trust me, if I can do it, you can too.)

Zoe alternates evenings between classroom B and the Gym. If you can't find her in one location, check the other. If you can't find her that day, try both locations the next day.
That's weird, I could have sworn I was checking every location every day. I must have only been doing it in the mornings some days.

EDIT: When I try talking to Amy, I got an error something about event 'coach1a' not found in 'starlet.js' or something, but it hasn't happened again since.

Last edited:
Reactions: DudeManrod

slackersavior

Jan 11, 2019
EDIT: When I try talking to Amy, I got an error something about event 'coach1a' not found in 'starlet.js' or something, but it hasn't happened again since.
That's... Odd? When did that happen? There's only one time that Amy cross references other characters, and that's definitely not the first time you meet her. Did it happen when she was supposed to watch the employee orientation? I'll take a look.

Edit: There is a check in her first real chat. But all it does is check whether you "turned in" Lana's progress to Victoria. Nothing about that would seem to cause an issue. More bug testing required. Did everything still work fine, or are you stuck there?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
That's... Odd? When did that happen? There's only one time that Amy cross references other characters, and that's definitely not the first time you meet her. Did it happen when she was supposed to watch the employee orientation? I'll take a look.

Edit: There is a check in her first real chat. But all it does is check whether you "turned in" Lana's progress to Victoria. Nothing about that would seem to cause an issue. More bug testing required. Did everything still work fine, or are you stuck there?
It happened the first time I clicked on the option for her to follow you. The next time I tried it, it worked fine, I really don't know why.

slackersavior

Jan 11, 2019
It happened the first time I clicked on the option for her to follow you. The next time I tried it, it worked fine, I really don't know why.
Yeah, that's very weird. And I can't find a way to replicate it on my end.

It is a mystery.

If someone else has the issue maybe a pattern will emerge, but at the moment I'm stumped.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Reactions to v8:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

slackersavior

Jan 11, 2019
Hey, positive reviews. Nice.

Like I said, Zoe was the first girl I made up, and a few things about her gave me plenty of trouble (and I definitely poked Noodle for more than a few things as I was making her). In hindsight, her kinda strict timing requirements aren't the best, but the thought process during making her was that you'd be working on her while doing other characters. Thus the occasional skill checks and pauses in her and Amy's progression.

Glad you like the repeat scenes a lot too, writing Amy's repeat scenes took forever and was the biggest roadblock before the mods got to this point. Hard to rewrite stuff that's similar but different using more or less the same images you used before. Add in the fact that Amy used like 2 and a half different image sets and I just had a ton to work with.

At some point I plan on adding to the remaining characters, but life has been hectic the past while, and I don't know when I'll find time to write them up. Yay for being an essential healthcare worker.

Something I was talking to Noodle about on the Discord (plug for that if you want to join in on brainstorming stuff in more real time) is using the dream locations as another "standard" location that modders can add scenes to that say, image sets have and are good, but don't really fit into whatever plot you're doing.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Like I said, Zoe was the first girl I made up, and a few things about her gave me plenty of trouble (and I definitely poked Noodle for more than a few things as I was making her). In hindsight, her kinda strict timing requirements aren't the best, but the thought process during making her was that you'd be working on her while doing other characters. Thus the occasional skill checks and pauses in her and Amy's progression.
Maybe it would be better with Zoe if she didn't disappear completely when she doesn't have any progress in one location? If you need to see her in the gym next to progress her story but she's in the classroom, having her actually there but with a note to the player you need to see her in the gym instead might make things easier than if she simply vanishes.

slackersavior

Jan 11, 2019
Maybe it would be better with Zoe if she didn't disappear completely when she doesn't have any progress in one location? If you need to see her in the gym next to progress her story but she's in the classroom, having her actually there but with a note to the player you need to see her in the gym instead might make things easier than if she simply vanishes.
Not a bad idea. I might add that if and when I get some free time to work on stuff and include it later.

NoodleJacuzzi

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
Reactions to v8:
Thanks for the notes, and glad you enjoyed the stuff! In hindsight having the player be the one to create the dream beach, and using it to show Cassandra what the town would be like when you're finished would have been a great idea, although giving the player that kind of power might be a bit much for a game where you play a regular dude with hypnosis.
The feedback from Tia's first appearance shaped how her ending turned out, a lot of positive feedback towards the idea of a willing participant to hypnosis.
I'm cleaning up the bugs now, all the restarting meant I didn't have the map, which is probably why it slipped by on the dream beach.

Any signatures?
I'm not sure what you mean. Like my signature below this text?

NoodleJacuzzi

Game Developer
May 20, 2019

Crypto's poll for the focus of Hentai University v9 is up, feel free to vote at your leisure!

I really like that, a girl discovering a mind controller and wanting to be taken by them is a great plot for a story.
I agree. Every so often I'll start a character that leans on the darker side, Justine's drug stuff was presented as a pretty serious problem in her first draft, but as I write I tend to slowly shift over to a more comedic lighthearted place.

I did some coding today, fixed typos and some errors that are up online and will be available in v9. At the moment I'm coding in the load feature. The save to txt function worked fine although the code for the load function relies on loading the script file after the html element is created, while university loads it's script files first.
While I could load the js file after the body, my current plan is to replace the hiding/showing windows stuff with just adding/deleting the windows as needed via innerhtml. It's a better system anyways.
EDIT: Wait, maybe I can just apply the onload/onchange event to the html event directly instead of adding listeners.
EDIT EDIT It did work. The old system is still useful for testing so it'll still be in the game, but you'll be able to save to / load from .noodle files
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I did some coding today, fixed typos and some errors that are up online and will be available in v9. At the moment I'm coding in the load feature. The save to txt function worked fine although the code for the load function relies on loading the script file after the html element is created, while university loads it's script files first.
While I could load the js file after the body, my current plan is to replace the hiding/showing windows stuff with just adding/deleting the windows as needed via innerhtml. It's a better system anyways.
EDIT: Wait, maybe I can just apply the onload/onchange event to the html event directly instead of adding listeners.
EDIT EDIT It did work. The old system is still useful for testing so it'll still be in the game, but you'll be able to save to / load from .noodle files
Generally speaking inline HTML 'on<whatever>' attributes are considered bad to use, they're the oldest way of binding script to events and are really outdated at this point. Best practice in that situation would be to use the event which triggers after the browser has finished parsing the HTML. Putting it straight in the HTML works, and it's unlikely to be removed from browsers any time soon, but it's kind of messy and when you have multiple HTML files using the same script you run the risk of making changes to the main file and forgetting to change the mobile one.

user1998

Jun 3, 2018
Just found about this forum and had forgotten I had an account in this site. It was really helpful this thread, I was confused as why there was no new content for Tia and just found out that I may have gone into the B route. And about Steph, has there been any new content since v5? or was it v6? Can anybody tell all possible routes for her? I remember having some issues at the first versions of this game so not sure if I unknowingly came to a dead end with her. This is what I got so far with her

1586223990175.png

CryptoGreek

Sep 21, 2019
Just found about this forum and had forgotten I had an account in this site. It was really helpful this thread, I was confused as why there was no new content for Tia and just found out that I may have gone into the B route. And about Steph, has there been any new content since v5? or was it v6? Can anybody tell all possible routes for her? I remember having some issues at the first versions of this game so not sure if I unknowingly came to a dead end with her. This is what I got so far with her
There's no new content for Steph yet; from V5 and on, I was working mostly on Anri and Lena, if I recall correctly. As she is right now, you can technically start a secondary route for her, but there's no content for it yet - it can be triggered by choosing certain options (ones related to helping her find a guy) while texting her after you've hypnotized her. As it is, the only content for that route is the usual text and reward image for reaching the end of current content. You have seen every complete event for Steph thus far, though she is currently ranking pretty high in the poll for the next version, so you might see more content for her soon.

Reactions: user1998

user1998

Jun 3, 2018
There's no new content for Steph yet; from V5 and on, I was working mostly on Anri and Lena, if I recall correctly. As she is right now, you can technically start a secondary route for her, but there's no content for it yet - it can be triggered by choosing certain options (ones related to helping her find a guy) while texting her after you've hypnotized her. As it is, the only content for that route is the usual text and reward image for reaching the end of current content. You have seen every complete event for Steph thus far, though she is currently ranking pretty high in the poll for the next version, so you might see more content for her soon.
Well that solves it. Thanks and keep up the good work.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes