• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Her Heart's Desire - Development & Research Thread

About those other two House Guests, what should happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Of course...even with paring down the scope, there's a last scene I'm working on...but it's getting there :)
I've got high hopes for the dialogue in this one... as you casually drop "paring" into a sentence and spell it correctly! :p

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Took longer than expected...but, I've also been working 12 hours / day on this the whole week (and of course started last week)...never worked this fast on a game project before. Hope it's well received :)

Just created a thread, added preview images, etc...the whole deal :)

Her heart's desire alpha version (stats from lint in Ren'py):
The game contains 1,686 dialogue blocks, containing 17,191 words and 90,799
characters, for an average of 10.2 words and 54 characters per block.

The game contains 35 menus, 468 images, and 28 screens.

So...the actual number of renders is 429 (I counted), maybe because some are used a few times (like 2 times for a few, I think) it counts higher?

Dunno, first I really paid attention.

The text is misleading though because it has the script (unfinished as yet) for the next chunk of the story, which still needs rendering + sounds, etc. So the word count in what you can play right now is closer to ~15 thousand - on both images + word count, much, much longer than the doomed beta for Magical Restart.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Reactions are much better than the previous game...it's pretty clear, Dee is a woman people want to spend time with.

Awesome. Now for the hard part: animations for the end scene from this demo (In progress) and then the remaining script for Dee's birthday. Once that is fully rendered, and story completed, it'll be day two in game...that's where the poll I posted comes into play.

Should the other two House Guests arrive together? Separately? Or maybe they arrive on day three, and MC gets more time with only his first House Guest for company...?

Decisions, decisions. Feedback appreciated.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Love the game? Adopt a signature & show your support! :)

I'll create some others too, but figured I'd get started with these baddies.
2020-fan-dee-three.gif

2020-fan-dee-two.gif

2020-fan-dee-one.gif

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Leading up to the animation in the next update, this coming weekend, is this image.

Now, being a nice guy sometimes means saying "Yes," when offered a massage - even if the offer to relieve your tension wasn't exactly what you thought was being offered.

In this case, it's a small mistake that leads to a very, very good time.
birthdaybedtime029.png

With the .011 update, there are ~10 animations in the game; now with the latest 2 30FPS animations I made today, and then because they're playing at multiple speeds, there's another 5 animations effectively from those two - one played partially as a "tease," before the full thirty frames. It's a nice effect.

Then, I'll be rendering another (hm, 1-3 perhaps?) and a "finale," for the scene, before getting to...(drumroll) the other two House Guests! Rose (redhead default name) and Lily (brunette). As Daisy is the new default for the first blonde house guest, you can see the pattern) ;)

Individual renders for the game are nearly ~580 or so, about 140 over the .011 update I shipped a few days ago.

Thanks for reading;

~Mr Chungus

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
A quick test I did the other day to make sure I'm still stoked about the three main cast members in the game, before I begin rendering scenes with Rose (redhead) and Lily (brunette).

Yep, still hot. Thots?

RTX on:
chartest01.png

RTX off:
chartest02.png

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
A quick test I did the other day to make sure I'm still stoked about the three main cast members in the game, before I begin rendering scenes with Rose (redhead) and Lily (brunette).

Yep, still hot. Thots?

RTX on:
View attachment 1227503

RTX off:
View attachment 1227504
Not trying to criticize, but since you asked, the Asian and Redhead's faces look a bit mannish and old for 18. Just my opinion though. I'm sure others may like them

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Not trying to criticize, but since you asked, the Asian and Redhead's faces look a bit mannish and old for 18. Just my opinion though. I'm sure others may like them
Ookaay...that's...basically "They look like shit, but there's no accounting for others taste."

Hm. Good thing I haven't rendered anything with them yet.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Just for you, BigDaddyDom - would your preference swing more to the "dude that looks like a lady here?"

I've been to Thailand, not my cuppa.

ha ha ha ha.
test.png

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Tweaked Lily and rose (left / right) with Daisy in the middle.

Going...going...last minute comments? :)
houseguests05.png

Last edited:

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
The arrival outfits for Lily and Rose when they show up at Chad's house.

It'll be very similar to when Daisy showed up...of course, it's not the other girl's bday the day they arrive tho'. But, they each have a story...
houseguests08.png

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Just for you, BigDaddyDom - would your preference swing more to the "dude that looks like a lady here?"

I've been to Thailand, not my cuppa.

ha ha ha ha.
View attachment 1229139
Heyy you asked for feedback :LOL: I prefer younger more feminine looks but there's people on here who like the exact opposite

The arrival outfits for Lily and Rose when they show up at Chad's house.

It'll be very similar to when Daisy showed up...of course, it's not the other girl's bday the day they arrive tho'. But, they each have a story...
View attachment 1229922
They look better here for sure, but the base models still look way older than 18 to me

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Heyy you asked for feedback :LOL: I prefer younger more feminine looks but there's people on here who like the exact opposite

They look better here for sure, but the base models still look way older than 18 to me
I actually shopped around for 18 year old real life models last night. At my age, it's been a long time since I was a teenager ha ha ha. Based on the photos I saw (and collected a few as reference in case I make other friend models, etc) the three all look close enough.

The biggest caveat being if somebody is more emaciated (skinny) they show winkles earlier, if they have a more cherubic / round face, they tend to look even younger. Just my .2 cents after browsing for a while.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Decided (after getting carried away with the scenes I'm writing / rendering today) to postpone the next update till tomorrow...a big delay, I know, but it's also the difference of a fair amount of content (been working daily).

This way, the .012 update isn't as rushed as it would have been, and I can take my time on double checking the script so far.

Also, for some reason, to me, this is a really hot scene...even with just some still images. The content also makes it better, since (Rose) was just being very, very naughty in front of her new landlord ;) She's got issues with older men. Ha!

daytwomorning090.png

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Post up the new stuff, a pretty meaty update overall. Ten thousand words of story. 331 renders.

10 really haawwwt animations.
Sound effects (makes the animation even nicer, imho).
5 new music tracks (b/c it's not always sexy time...right?)

There's enough groundwork in the update that for the next while, I'm going to have enough scenes & animation woven in, the complexity is increasing a little, which might take longer (posing animation = far longer a task than just a single frame). Then, of course, rendering 30 ish frames is a few hours, at least.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gimme a holler when you've finished, taken a shower, and cleaned yourself up eh? ;)

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Scorching hot scene with Daisy (well, if you have the love score)...kicks off the version 0.013. Great feedback so far, the main thing I see is that...it needs moar. And more.

Custom posing for animation was...well, not as smooth or flawless as I would have liked, personally. Still hot, but more like an 8/10 instead of turning it up to 11 like I want to. The latest work in progress is better, as I got a bunch of new hot couple poses for all sorts of situations...and I acquired assets for the climax scenes to make them even more incredible.

Posted up a scene list for patrons, support is awesome. The 24th (date was revised slightly) will be the next update this month, then it'll drop another one off in July.

Sound engineering, thanks to some Lewd Effects a developer shared gratis, has been a much better experience than I imagined. The sounds come in more or less mechanical loops: no moaning or anything. So I can mix the "voice," of the character in with the mechanical sound of "hunka chunka," and get a solid effect, a real aural climax, to go along with the animated one.

Last, but not least...after soul searching (read laziness) MC stays as is; I'm going to skip the narrative backstory addition to the game and not add in Magical Restart content, because really...it just adds needless complexity.