RPGM - Hermione and the Magic of Love [2024_2 Public] [snow.forest.games]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Nice Kitty

This game is really bad. You will spend a lot of real time walking from point A to point B.:HideThePain: At the same time, the 18+ content in the game is for 5 minutes maximum, LOL.:eek: Pictures 18+ here are worth 3 points. There are errors in the scripts.:poop:
  2. 2.00 star(s)

dhenfreitas

The game becomes a chore rather than a pleaseful experience...
    I've heard a lot of people saying the same: Lack of Emma Watson face for the MC is so frustrating...
    I'm pretty suue we could ignore a lot of the issues if had this at least...
    Overall, it's a good concept, just not well handled...
  3. 1.00 star(s)

wsccht

I'm all for the public version not having access to some content, but the player shouldnt be grinding towards a content he/she is not going to see. Also a lot of running around trying to find the next spot for the quest and the quest log tips are not helpful at all.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Jackeados

So, I download the android versión from the anonfile link and I already extract the archive, but i don't see any ".apk" archive to download the game. I have already installed games from .zips un my phone, so i don't know whats is wrong this Time. My phone Is a Motorola Macro One. If anyone can help me with that problem, I Will be glad.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Dudenator

This may very well be the least sexy version of Hermione i've seen in a long time.

The "game" itself is a convoluted mess of badly thought out fetch quests which helpfully omit where your supposed to bloody go. Even if you wade through the tedium the rewards are few and not paticularly memorable.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

pavelhunacek

Fun game. Good story. Just map is not so helpful looking for something outside can take a few minutes. If you need spend some time . this is not bad way how to do it. Graphic is not so bad also. then good luck
  7. 1.00 star(s)

rtkamb

Review is for January 2023 Public:
    One of the biggest letdowns I've ever played.
    I really wanted to enjoy this. I was young when Harry Potter came out, and had a crush on Hermione so I was really excited for this, but as it is now, it's pretty much unplayable.
    The writing is so bad, for the first little bit, I thought it was done on purpose to be funny... but it becomes apparent that it's just really that bad.
    The art is acceptable, but the animation is hardly passable
    About the gameplay, it would be above average, if it wasn't so damn glitchy. I'm not sure why there is time since most actions reset it back to earlier in the day. The quest locations are VERY poorly described, you will constantly have no idea where to go or what to do. I also encountered what appears to be a game breaking bug that prevents me from going any further.
    tldr - This appears to be something the creator did to play out their fantasies. There's just nothing really good about it.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Solomon Grundy

This "game" is bad. I put game in scare-quotes because there actually isn't any game here at all, it's barely even a visual novel, you spend the vast majority of your time hunting for the next location you need to be to advance the quest. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely zero player agency, no choices, no branching stories, absolutely nothing.

Look, you tell me I get to play a game where I control a slutty Hermione Granger and I am fully on board. I am exactly the target audience of this... hot mess. I wish it was good, hell I wish it was decent, but it's just not. From the frequent game breaking bugs (save often if you are, like me, a masochist trying to finish this thing) to the horrible horrible Engrish (I honestly think this might just be 100% copy-paste from Google Translate) it's a hot mess.

2 stars because I'm a Harry Potter super dork, and Hermione getting her freak on is super hot for me, but this thing sucks.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Loqic

This game could have had plenty of potential, but it all comes crashing down when you ask yourself for the 100th time.... "Where the heck do I have to go?!"
    There are so many places to go in this game and often you only get a meager hint of "find X in a secluded place", so with every quest you run around for an hour to find the 2 minutes of content and sends you to the next "somewhere around the castle"
    I play games to have fun, not to be bored or frustrated.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Dirk87

This game needs a lot of love.
    The dialoge is at times sketchy.
    There are missing pictures at every other quest/location.
    It is possible to enter rooms, where you'll lose control of your character and then have to restart from a save.

I waited until now to try it and I should've waited longer...
  11. 4.00 star(s)

brig106

It is not a bad game, however it does have some lighting problems. I have found you can go into some buildings late in the evening and it is difficult to find your way out as it is black. Yes you can find the exit but only after persistent clicking where you think the exit may be. I would suggest that lighting in building could be adjusted to show entrance/exit.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

UTO88

A brief introduction.
    I've been playing similar games for a very long time. I also tried working in RPG-Maker. So I see the game not only from the outside, as a player, but also a little from the inside. I've been following the game since 2019.
    Advantages of the game. School, students and teachers! And magic, real fantasy! A big world, big and elaborate. The maps are all made by hand, and not taken from the templates attached to the RPG-Maker. The world is very detailed, lots of small elements. There is a change of time of day and even days, months. Time is passing here! It's generally rare for games on this engine. At night, as it should, it gets dark and there is light from lamps, candles, or from windows. There are NPCs in many locations, and there is even interaction with some. There is a sound at all locations that varies depending on the time of day. The events are illustrated in the standard RPG-Maker style with separate pictures replacing each other. This is the standard of the engine and it is impossible to make 3D animation in it by definition. There is a video in several places in the game. Now about the drawings. This is CGI, apparently made in DAZ Studio. The pictures are carefully worked out, personally I like the style and quality.
    The game copies only in general terms the novels and films about Harry Potter. Of course, the game is designed for 18+, but it has its own elaborate story, all the events and actions of the characters are explained. There is no such thing in the game that everyone fucks with everyone from the first minute. There are also random/hidden events that can only be discovered by carefully reading the dialogues and exploring the world.
    Now about the disadvantages of the game. In my opinion, there are not enough random events, stories with other characters. Slow development speed. Although the latter is understandable, a game that one or two people make in their free time cannot be released in a year. :cry:
    And now, I want to say a few words to those who write "everything is bad, the game is shit." This is not an AAA class game. If you want one, go play Skyrim. ;)
    "CGI illustrations, and I want, as in the game "name"." For illustrations as in the game "name" go to the game "name".
    "Heroes are not like in the movies!" But they look like those in the books! In fact, everyone has their own idea of who the characters look like... In this game, they are already adults.
    "The game has a loud sound, a lot of sound!" The game has a volume control. Background sounds, music, and so on can be reduced, or completely turned off.
    "The game is hard to navigate, no map!" Navigating the game is quite easy, you get used to it over time. When you go to a location, its name is displayed, there are transition indicators. And there is a map in the game, it is given at the beginning of the game and is available from the inventory. Yes, this is not a google-map with auto-navigation, but it is a magical world and the map is quite consistent with the style of the game.
    "Too difficult quests, it's not clear where to go." Most of the quests are very easy, just read the description of the quest in the menu.
    Conclusion. The game has the potential for growth, the developers have something to strive for. The main thing is that the game is not flooded with toxic comments, and the developers do not decide to send everything to hell.
    I give the game 5/5. This is a good game. :love:
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Ninthja

A game couldnt be designed this poorly. Sounds, music and everything was poorly put into the game. The same repeating annoying loud background noises in the WHOLE BIG ASS CONFUSING LABYRINTH OF A SCHOOL.

There is an npc that keeps following you on each part of the map, blocking or hardlocking you in tight spaces.

The models look creepy as fuck. They tried combining both funny and lewd and ended up failing both of them miserably. The emotions, faces, models in general are like bad. Clothes dont even look right on them as they dont fit.

I love rpgmaker games and their assets but damn this game couldnt make me play more than 20 mins due to how poorly designed maps are. Everything so unnecessarily confusing and it feels like its badly designed on purpose.

The grammar is also really bad.

The supposedly lewd scenes look weird and isnt animated even though its 3d. You would expect a game poorly designed like this with mannequin look a like models to have atleast animations in lewd scenes but no. This is the last time Im going to give chance to weird mannequin looking 3d games. Im gonna stick to 2d or pixel sprite with the exceptions of games like curse of pleasure and fountain of mana.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3181265

If you are looking for a quick short game to fap to this is not the one!

Honestly I do like this game. Yes it is long af and you have to invest a lot of time finding locations and doing quests. But honestly I personally dont mind it. I LOVE the map, its massive and can be extremely overwhelming. I love the details and I feel very immersed. I can understand why ppl dont like this game. But to me it is actually a fun game.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Leelloominai

How I think most reviews were stupid for this game, I decided to write myself.

I like the map, the settings the characters BUT

- RPGM Game... there is a big map which... dont serves purpose, even if this game is made in RPGM he dont really give me any reason to explore the map.. a big ass map... with no reason to exist..

- There the main quest.. and the first hour of the game is all i saw until now, which can be summed up as "go to this location, and see a short scene"

- 3 of the reasons to use RPMG instead of Renpy would be exploration, side quests, and interact with characters and objects, this game has none of those.

-Ths Scenes in this game play very very slowly.

- Poorly written at least for the first 40 minutes or so.

If the game could fixe the first two, which looks unlikely, would be a good game.

Now I must discuss some points that were brought up unfairly in other reviews:
    - I dont think the map is big enough to you get lost, explore the map to at least doing the main quest is reasonably fun
    - Yes the models are very different from the movies, but... to begin with the movies are not the main source.. its just a adaptation of the books, second i like the models/renders, so i would say that is just a matter of opinion rather than a valid critic.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Dementor_ene

I try never to leave negative feedback, but here I just couldn't help myself.
    1) Disgusting character renders and lack of interiors on the renders.
    The characters don't look like themselves. Also, what's with all the overgrowth that went into the first year?
    2) Cacaphony of sounds. I understand that the author apparently wanted to bring the environment to life, but it ends up being a horrible cacophony.
    3) RPGM graphics also looks not interesting. The standard models of the environment and characters (even Hermione is different from what it should be. Why does she even have red hair?!)

Conclusion: the author just decided to get high on a popular setting, without investing any effort or patience. It's just junk.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Ogre

I really wanted to like this game, but getting lost over and over and over moving through a gigantic confusing multilevel RPGM map stopped being fun pretty fast. Why this game doesn't have a simple cartoon map with clear locations you could click directly on is beyond me. Who wants to push a little pixel character up 7 flights of stairs over and over?
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Forest Fairy

For people, who don't have time to read :
    - This is solid virtual world of well-known universe;
    - Play only on pc or mac. Android isn't there yet;
    For people with plenty of time:
    -World, built is simply unbelievable. This is living H-ts... wow! ;
    -Character renders need to be completely redone due to noise
    -Daphne Greengrass, as it seams to me was having blonde hair;
    -Daphne, if meet in free roam ain't acting like a b-ch bully;
    -Sometimes Daphne's render is used to portray a Patil;
    -Background ambient talk-noice with girls saying "18" and "some alcohol" in 9999999999's time, was driving me mad) He-he) You can resolve this by using an randomiser of sounds(1of5 variants of ambient talk noise would be fine) ;
    -Render of Hagrid... is render of Hagrid
    -_-;
    So - I played the android version... yeah... that android version... with no pause, with no savings, no menu, no map, no nothing... even if You click on the options - You stuck... and will have no other option then to restart the game.
    So - after an hour of roaming through the whole complex, studying every corner, in search of first floor, north wing, charms class - i understood how much of a work is put into this thing... WOW! Developer! You are genius! Thank You!... and yes i will be playing on the pc) I want to see what is there in therms of quests, story and renders. (ain't seen much of those, because of lacking android port
    So, the final verdict :
    World is build fantastically, the story yet to be perceived by me. When i will play through all of it i will return and add a story overview.
    Cheers, Forest Fairy)
  19. 4.00 star(s)

LooLoo Baloo

I think this game is under rated. It needs improvements, and content being locked behind a paywall (But an inexpensive paywall) can be quite off-putting. But I think the game is quite fun and it leads you to want to play it more. One major improvement it can have is to add more animations, and another to change the dialogue of Hermione. She seems quite slow and ignorant, which doesn't really suit her personality. Also adding more hints would be good because the map can be quite confusing.
    Other than that, I think the game shows good potential and is quite fun for what it is.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

happybrother

This game is ALL ABOUT:
    ..."try and find the room XYZ on XX floor of ZZZ Tower"
    and
    reaching [!] sign to start a scene in room/location ZYX.

So NO attending classes (only when plot tells you to go there) or RPG elements (fighting "slimes" doesn't count).

All Scenes (even talking ones) are noticably slowish + there's this delay and waiting for music to finish. Despite holding skip button.

You will waste at least an hour and will only encounter 2 game breaking bugs or will give up gaming because you can't find the showers (you will find different showers on the same level). Only then you may see Hermione naked for the first time.

The game is bad. Not worth any time.

Although the 3d art is ok (but few) and skip buttons work v.well.