VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Hex Nymphs: The Luna Moonslay Chronicles [v0.4] [Amborella]

1. 3.00 star(s)

krantos

Decent art, but sort of nonsensical. Made more noticeable by the writings attempt at being profound.

There also isn't really any branching or choices at this point. Each time you have the option to select something could easily be reworded to "Watch Sex Scene: Yes or No?"

The scenes themselves don't (at this point) seem to have any effect on the story.

And this is just a personal preference, but I'm not a fan of the "Huge tits bigger than her torso." There is a point at which large breasts cease being sexy and are simply silly. This game is definitely the latter. I'd enjoy the art a lot more if they were reduced by half or more.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

theotterman

My hunger for medieval sex games is being fed by Amborella: Tales of the Huntress. It features a female main character with big boobs who needs to solve a mystery. The writing is decent, but what makes the game come to live are the visuals.

Sex scenes are drawn in a realistic style, which is something else than the cartoon or anime styles seen in most of the games. It's a shame that there are not much backgrounds, because that would make the game feel more alive and reinforce the story.

The main character and her friend are beautifully drawn, and I can't wait to see more lesbian scenes between the two of them. Her friend is bisexual, and I wonder if the main character will be fully lesbian, or bi too. The story is interesting, and I can't wait to see what will happen in following versions.

Excellent:
    - The art and setting

Good:
    - Writing

Could be better:
    - The lack of backgrounds and music

If the developer adds more elements to make the game feel alive, I think it can become a good visual novel for people who like fantasy games.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

CorwinFr

First version release review !

I just want to give a chance to this one, graphic are amazing I love it.

For now there is very few story and scene, wish the best for the dev and will see the progress.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Updated review for v0.2.9

My initial review stated this might be good for a quick fap if anything, but even that I'd say is no longer the case. The game is a complete mess. I'm almost convinced the dev did no playtesting or polishing before just pushing things out. Lots of bugs, an awful UI, awful writing, and the use of AI generated art for some things is not doing this favors. The game is in development sure, but I don't think it's an excuse for how sloppy some aspects feel.

Playing as what is essentially a female witcher was a cool idea, only for the game to turn into a generic barebones sandbox where we are working at a tavern to earn gold and a brothel to raise corruption (which was bugged out) even though we are supposed to be this badass warrior? I don't get it.

The only redeemable quality is the character art, and even that is a bit inconsistent. I'd only come back to this to hold the skip button and see some of the art but even then I'm not sure it would be worth it.