Hey People

Jul 30, 2018
I have officially begun development of my game i am currently rewriting my story i had published on Literotica site to make it interactive. There will be no incest or oversized tits in my game. This game will take place in modern times with a twist of the past added in along with all sorts of magic and mythical entities. I am in need of some people fellow devs and programmers to join my discord server if i can get them to join i love to get advice from 3 of my favorite devs @Faerin @Jikei and @Runey but as a first time Dev ill take just about anyones advice i can get hope to see you all around my

Reactions: Jikei and Runey

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Hey man. Welcome to the Dev world.

What engine are you making your game? How does it look? It might be a good idea to work on it and post a teaser version over here to gain interest.

Jul 30, 2018
Hey man. Welcome to the Dev world.

What engine are you making your game? How does it look? It might be a good idea to work on it and post a teaser version over here to gain interest.
ill be building it in Ren'py engine im working on getting the first chapter of the story rewritten right now to make it interactive after that i will be posting the first chapter here once i get the characters and scenes finished like i said im solo on this project right now but i have alot of the story written out already i have over 11 chapters written on literotica which if i do my math its gonna equal around 25 chapters in gametime plus i have alot of characters to build from scratch so it will take awhile lol

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Take your time. Take it easy. Be sure not to rush it. We'll still be here, don't worry. Good luck!

Jul 30, 2018
For 'context' can you perhaps link us to your Literotica story?
sorry but dont want todo that id rather let people see the story instead of ruining it before hand im even gonna be renaming it so the story cant be found and it ruin itself being told as a visual novel only way i will be linking it to anyone is if they are willing to be a programmer or a cooperative dev/renderer for it

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
sorry but dont want todo that id rather let people see the story instead of ruining it before hand im even gonna be renaming it so the story cant be found and it ruin itself being told as a visual novel only way i will be linking it to anyone is if they are willing to be a programmer or a cooperative dev/renderer for it
I can perfectly understand that, but if you are interested in having people be involved with your work, we would need more information as to what type of story and writing you are offering here.

Jul 30, 2018
I can perfectly understand that, but if you are interested in having people be involved with your work, we would need more information as to what type of story and writing you are offering here.
to give a synopsis:

this story is based on a young man who upom graduation high school was given a ring this ring holds a secret only he can unlock. Once unlocked this ring will provide pleasure in many forms but it also opens up paths to will either unravel all life or save the world.

Jul 30, 2018
well now i know im gonna have to change alot of the story since i cant find a ring that fits my story in either daz or HS and cant seem to make one that matches its description so my story is gonna take alot longer to put into the game which means a huge delay since ill have to rewrite the story to edit out the ring

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
well now i know im gonna have to change alot of the story since i cant find a ring that fits my story in either daz or HS and cant seem to make one that matches its description so my story is gonna take alot longer to put into the game which means a huge delay since ill have to rewrite the story to edit out the ring
Well that took quite the unfortunate turn. One post above, it seemed like this ring was the centerpiece in the story, and now you're gonna take the ring out?

Potentially stupid question: Why not just change the description of the ring in your story to match a ring you can get from Daz? Hell, even say "this ring looks like an ordinary ring, but it has magical powers, blah blah blah". Seems easier than recreating the entire story...

Good luck, man.

Jul 30, 2018
Well that took quite the unfortunate turn. One post above, it seemed like this ring was the centerpiece in the story, and now you're gonna take the ring out?

Potentially stupid question: Why not just change the description of the ring in your story to match a ring you can get from Daz? Hell, even say "this ring looks like an ordinary ring, but it has magical powers, blah blah blah". Seems easier than recreating the entire story...

Good luck, man.
thats the problem the ring has a specific design and is supposed to be the centerpiece of the whole story like you said but if it doesnt have the exact design then ill still have to change alot of the story.

the ring is detailed with celtic runes and has 3 gemstones on it with out those things ill have to edit 75% of the story still because the info in the story on the ring points out to certain aspects later in the story

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
There are celtic rings out there. But even so, it shouldn't be hard to create exactly what you need. This is beyond my skillset, but it should be very easily possible to add an additional layer to assets like that to have a the custom design you need. Ie: the ring itself is one asset (basically a simple torus 'primitive'), and you can add on the needed detail via another surface/texture asset.
Basically - Kitbash it.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I know enough blender and daz to make something custom if you want.

do you have a sketch or detailed description of the ring?

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
thats the problem the ring has a specific design and is supposed to be the centerpiece of the whole story like you said but if it doesnt have the exact design then ill still have to change alot of the story.

the ring is detailed with celtic runes and has 3 gemstones on it with out those things ill have to edit 75% of the story still because the info in the story on the ring points out to certain aspects later in the story
Wouldn't it be possible to use one of these:

and then add some standalone gems onto it afterwards? Sure, it will require a bit more fiddling around, but it would probably work fairly decent.

here are some gems that could work

Jul 30, 2018
Wouldn't it be possible to use one of these:

and then add some standalone gems onto it afterwards? Sure, it will require a bit more fiddling around, but it would probably work fairly decent.

here are some gems that could work
The person in the post above you is helping me out and doing a damn good job so I won't have to rewrite

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Here's what I've got so far:

1554319524812.png

Blender is one of those programs that you find something new every time you do a mini-project that's even slightly different to your previous work...