Hi~ I want to tell branching stories but not sure what platform is best

lewdodo

Jul 16, 2024
Hi!
I wanted to make a game for a few years but I kept putting it off because my art skills did not improve.
I have decided to use AI instead as I am seeing it get better and more accepted these last few months.
I have a few questions:

1 Would you rather read a story in the form of a comic or a play a visual novel? I have many branches planned so I think a VN would be better but I am seeing more comics recently.

2 I linked the two styles I am considering, do you have any preferences between them? Please tell me if both are bad for you or if you hate AI art.

3 Some isolated branches contain fetishes that I've seen be divisive for some people such as NTR and QoS, if you do not enjoy them, are you ok with playing a game containing them if there is a toggle to turn them on/off or to display a warning important before choices?

Thank you for your time!

Edit: changed the picture names to make them less confusing (the 1st was labelled 2 so I put it in second place)

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Gone405

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
1. Definitely a VN
2. First, looks "smoother"
3. I either skip the game entirely if it's at major play or just skip segments with said content.

Reactions: lewdodo

Gone405

May 1, 2024
Hi!
I wanted to make a game for a few years but I kept putting it off because my art skills did not improve.
I have decided to use AI instead as I am seeing it get better and more accepted these last few months.
I have a few questions:

1 Would you rather read a story in the form of a comic or a play a visual novel? I have many branches planned so I think a VN would be better but I am seeing more comics recently.

2 I linked the two styles I am considering, do you have any preferences between them? Please tell me if both are bad for you or if you hate AI art.

3 Some isolated branches contain fetishes that I've seen be divisive for some people such as NTR and QoS, if you do not enjoy them, are you ok with playing a game containing them if there is a toggle to turn them on/off or to display a warning important before choices?

Thank you for your time!
I would say go with a VN it will be more fun that imo. While I'm a fan of NTR I would say you should be able to turn off the content but ik that may create more work for as you may need to adjust paths for the game. If I'm being honest I would say either include NTR or don't at all. Also AI art is fine but I you need to out in the work to make it look nice I prefer the image labeled (image2). Hope this helps :D.

Reactions: lewdodo