Ren'Py Hi, I'm a new game-creator!

Ghost Fish

Jul 3, 2018

Hi, I'm Ghost Fish.

In the early days, I was a player who liked 'survival' games very much, but I was rarely exposed to adult games of this kind. In the end, I decided to make such games myself, and I wanted more people to know that I was developing such games.

So I came here, I hope to make new friends here, communicate and discuss the creation of games together, I want to know as much as possible about different game ideas and suggestions, and more importantly, what people think of this kind of games. I'm not sure people will accept this type of game.

Not long ago, I posted my game introduction on the forum. If you are interested, you can go and have a look.

Strange Town

1629667657.jpg

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021

Hi, I'm Ghost Fish.

In the early days, I was a player who liked 'survival' games very much, but I was rarely exposed to adult games of this kind. In the end, I decided to make such games myself, and I wanted more people to know that I was developing such games.

So I came here, I hope to make new friends here, communicate and discuss the creation of games together, I want to know as much as possible about different game ideas and suggestions, and more importantly, what people think of this kind of games. I'm not sure people will accept this type of game.

Not long ago, I posted my game introduction on the forum. If you are interested, you can go and have a look.

Strange Town

View attachment 1368319
The Render looks great. Can't wait to see what next you come up with. I'm also new in this field just started creating VN as hobby.

Reactions: Ghost Fish

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Thank you. I look forward to your creation, too. ヾ(・ω・`。)
I hope you have a good hardware. Because without that the rendering takes too much time. And Daz studio is biased with Nvidia GPU. So without that rendering will take ages to complete. And the supporters need a good amount of content in shorter time otherwise they'll stop supporting. At least 200 renders per month will be a good start.

You need to constantly interact with the supporters and you can release game with 200 renders per month or 500-1000 renders in 4-6 months. Short updates or big updates. Choice is yours.

In this I really like the NLT Media's release schedule.

You can at least try to complete when you want to stop development don't let the game hang in between or get abandoned. Be it short game with 100 renders but game & story should be complete when you discontinue development

Ghost Fish

Jul 3, 2018
I hope you have a good hardware. Because without that the rendering takes too much time. And Daz studio is biased with Nvidia GPU. So without that rendering will take ages to complete. And the supporters need a good amount of content in shorter time otherwise they'll stop supporting. At least 200 renders per month will be a good start.

You need to constantly interact with the supporters and you can release game with 200 renders per month or 500-1000 renders in 4-6 months. Short updates or big updates. Choice is yours.

In this I really like the NLT Media's release schedule.

You can at least try to complete when you want to stop development don't let the game hang in between or get abandoned. Be it short game with 100 renders but game & story should be complete when you discontinue development
This is great advice, I also like NLT very much, when I finish the basic game system development, I will try to add a lot of event content to the game, as much as possible to ensure the quality of each update.

Strange Town is more like an open world, where plot content is weaker than visual fiction games, so the time spent writing the plot can be spent on producing interactive events with players and enriching the game content by stacking interactive events on the underlying system.

screenshot0035.png