Vox Gremory - DxD Parody Game [Development Thread]

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Few days ago I continued making stuff for this project, backgrounds and a new character sprite (Rias). Here's a preview:
Rias.png

Next is a CG (which will bridge R1 with R2) and the content for the first release is done.
After that, I'll probably revisit and expand the script a little bit while doing some editing.

I also moved the "issues" from release to general, this is because one of the issues is the dialogue box which I do not really like... I'd like to redo it, but I am using an old version of the framework, and from what I have seen, the new version changes some things with the dialogue box (and text), as such to avoid redoing something more than once, I'll just wait till I update (which is going to happen when I'll actually build the releases).
So, aside from a few things, I'll be solving the list of issues for last.

I'll be spending the rest of the day doing the CG, then in the following days till the end of this month, I will begin doing the content for R2. Last but not least...

billyjoebobmartin
I am also looking to rewrite that portion of the story as mentioned before, so it is way more likely I will be adding the option to kill Raynare after all. This is due to another idea I had, which would allow me to write content for those fallen angels that the other guy wanted. They do not really exist (outside of anime), but it is likely most people will play this game coming from the anime, so it'd be good to add them.

So, thus far, all the suggestions made here will be added in a way or another (I'll update the OP with these changes once I have everything written and done).

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
billyjoebobmartin
I am also looking to rewrite that portion of the story as mentioned before, so it is way more likely I will be adding the option to kill Raynare after all. This is due to another idea I had, which would allow me to write content for those fallen angels that the other guy wanted. They do not really exist (outside of anime), but it is likely most people will play this game coming from the anime, so it'd be good to add them.

So, thus far, all the suggestions made here will be added in a way or another (I'll update the OP with these changes once I have everything written and done).
hmm, are those fallen angels s3 characters? or are we talking about raynare's followers i very vaguely remember?

in case you are talking about raynare's followers, then i only see issue with them being small fish and possibly put in (what i think i remember is) cryostasis alongside kokabeil. to which i would think they'd have a hard time avoiding being directly involved with raynare's attempts. unless of course your considering making them similar to POWs or something. where they get caught by MC and cast and held prisoner due to their quick surrender and generally thinking raynare went too far to fast. and maybe raynare being killed qucikly instead of a draw out fight thus breaking the last bits of their loyalty and/or moral as well. and later during the 3 factions summit meeting are 'entrusted' to rias from azazel for some cross culture exchange/deprogramming reasoning. with maybe a back door deal made priory with rias in advanced to confirm why she's holding onto them, how she's treating them, their crimes, etc.

so yea all in all i think if we're talking raynare's followers it could work?

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
btw random idea but what do you think about using AI art in your game? it could be an alternative to KK and could improve your still shot scenes graphical potential. animation wise could be very tricky though. would either need damn good software or there could be too much of a graphical gap between the still frame shots and the animations.

i know TwistedScarlett60 is planning to use AI art fully in their new game. not sure how the animations will go since last i heard they were keen on trying to make some to up their game as a game dev. maybe me mentioning them could bring them to this thread, and you two help each other out with things either of you have yet to try.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
hmm, are those fallen angels s3 characters? or are we talking about raynare's followers i very vaguely remember?

in case you are talking about raynare's followers, then i only see issue with them being small fish and possibly put in (what i think i remember is) cryostasis alongside kokabeil. to which i would think they'd have a hard time avoiding being directly involved with raynare's attempts. unless of course your considering making them similar to POWs or something. where they get caught by MC and cast and held prisoner due to their quick surrender and generally thinking raynare went too far to fast. and maybe raynare being killed qucikly instead of a draw out fight thus breaking the last bits of their loyalty and/or moral as well. and later during the 3 factions summit meeting are 'entrusted' to rias from azazel for some cross culture exchange/deprogramming reasoning. with maybe a back door deal made priory with rias in advanced to confirm why she's holding onto them, how she's treating them, their crimes, etc.

so yea all in all i think if we're talking raynare's followers it could work?
Raynare followers (and other few unimportant characters) will be Patron-only scenes and kind of disconnected from the main game. At the same time, it will not be just a separate gallery accessible via code, but something custom within the game's story where you will be able to access those extra scenes and also the missing stuff such as Raynare's scenes if you decide to kill her.
In short, if someone suggests a character which is not NTR, but it is not quite possible to add in the story without some wild turns, that'll be my go-to feature :p.

btw random idea but what do you think about using AI art in your game? it could be an alternative to KK and could improve your still shot scenes graphical potential. animation wise could be very tricky though. would either need damn good software or there could be too much of a graphical gap between the still frame shots and the animations.

i know TwistedScarlett60 is planning to use AI art fully in their new game. not sure how the animations will go since last i heard they were keen on trying to make some to up their game as a game dev. maybe me mentioning them could bring them to this thread, and you two help each other out with things either of you have yet to try.
I already use AI in my workflow.

I use AI often to upscale screenshots (From either KK or Unity) to make tracing easier, then once tracing and coloring is done, I generate about 40 images with Stable Diffusion, upscale those as well to fit the same resolution of the thing I traced, then essentially do photobashing with them.
Most of the time this is enough, but other times even with 40 different variations some elements won't be good enough or are lacking as a whole (such as a small pole in the background), so for those I use my old reliable cartoony materials bundle I bought a few years back :D Also, some elements look cartoony enough in KK, so I leave them as-is.

I do not do much animation to begin with, so I am fine with using just static CGs for the time being.
In future, I could learn how to use Live2D since I already separate stuff into pieces anyway, and create animations that way, but it would be a lengthy process that I will have to do once the project is ongoing and I have some free time at the end of every release as to not slow things down.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
hmm? is your character art not made using any AI? it looks like it is, but then again maybe you're just copying the art style?
Nope, I'm just a professional artist. I'm actually an artist first and a game developer second in many ways. Here's an example of my work:
Tatsumaki (03).png

I'm also working with an amazing artist called mdf-an on the next game.
The character art for Unveiling the Unknown takes anywhere from 8–10 hours to complete per character.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Raynare followers (and other few unimportant characters) will be Patron-only scenes and kind of disconnected from the main game. At the same time, it will not be just a separate gallery accessible via code, but something custom within the game's story where you will be able to access those extra scenes and also the missing stuff such as Raynare's scenes if you decide to kill her.
In short, if someone suggests a character which is not NTR, but it is not quite possible to add in the story without some wild turns, that'll be my go-to feature :p.
i don't think i asked this yet, how far in the story is the game going to go anyways? like what end point do you think you're going to stop at currently? (not that you totally won't go farther in the story than you planned! LOL )

i assume koruka will be a part of the main harem despite being in vali's team/peerage and frequently out of the house/unavailable.

will the sleeping beauty songstress, (3rd?) ranker roygun(?) for the rating games who joins issei in the world tournament, grimreaper girl, sister to fried(?) the crazy sword priest, get put in that special character category? (damn i can't remember names for the life of me right now. LOL)

where do you think mid story characters that might-want/do-want to be in the harem but don't live with MC like morgan la fay, the fox youkai mother and daughter, and some others i'm probably not thinking of atm. will they be slightly rewritten to be included in the harem? or special characters? hmm thinking about it ravel would count as a mid/late story character mostly too wouldn't she, and you already are giving her a green light so i assume your going at least up to rias and akeno high school graduation no?

random idea for a special character could be the woman who saiorg bael(?) threw at issei in their rating game match. or maybe even making her more than just a special character by making her a actual harem member and messenger to saiorg for whenever issei wants to train with him. i don't think she was mentioned to be involved with anyone nor held deep affection for saiorg like his queen did.

depending on how far in the story you go nyx would be an interesting choice for a special character too. similarly with gabriel since she's an archangel and all. LOL

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
i don't think i asked this yet, how far in the story is the game going to go anyways? like what end point do you think you're going to stop at currently? (not that you totally won't go farther in the story than you planned! LOL )
As with all of my Parody games, I want to cover all the existing (main) material, so about 25 volumes if I recall correctly.
Ideally I'd be able to cover all of it in a single game (like Overlord H), but if it reaches 5gb in size and I am still at around half or even less, I'll split it in two games or more as I am doing with Legacy of Hestia.

It is going to be a long term project, the biggest I am taking as of yet, hence why I will have a second side project (Legacy of Hestia II). This is normally a red flag, but I have done so in the past (Releasing Workers of Kartedhir weekly, and Overlord H twice a month), so I have a solid idea of how much I can chew. At the very least the main project will always get a release monthly as I do not like the idea of having people pay monthly on my Patreon and not get anything for 1 or more months.

i assume koruka will be a part of the main harem despite being in vali's team/peerage and frequently out of the house/unavailable.
Kuroka is a canon member of Issei's harem, and therefore a planned heroine already.

will the sleeping beauty songstress, (3rd?) ranker roygun(?) for the rating games who joins issei in the world tournament, grimreaper girl, sister to fried(?) the crazy sword priest, get put in that special character category? (damn i can't remember names for the life of me right now. LOL)
Roygun is also a canon member of Issei's harem, but she is not added among the planned heroines simply because that's even more distant than Kuroka.
Lint and Bennia are both possible, within the main story, but I cannot promise it because they are not planned either yet.

where do you think mid story characters that might-want/do-want to be in the harem but don't live with MC like morgan la fay, the fox youkai mother and daughter, and some others i'm probably not thinking of atm. will they be slightly rewritten to be included in the harem? or special characters?
You can have a harem even if the women do not live with you. At least not initially, once she ends up pregnant or the relationship becomes more serious (such as becoming Ise's fiance), then some might move in with him.
However, for the most part you will simply move to their location, or they come temporarily in your home.

I do not have an example to show as that's something I haven't done yet, but imagine each character having their own room (isometric, 2D), with interactable objects to show their personality... Such as Asia's plushie you get for her when they go on their first date. Those women would have the same thing, simply not within Ise's home at first.
Technically, it would be the same, except maybe Ise would need to pay a small fee to reach their location by train or something.

random idea for a special character could be the woman who saiorg bael(?) threw at issei in their rating game match. or maybe even making her more than just a special character by making her a actual harem member and messenger to saiorg for whenever issei wants to train with him. i don't think she was mentioned to be involved with anyone nor held deep affection for saiorg like his queen did.

depending on how far in the story you go nyx would be an interesting choice for a special character too. similarly with gabriel since she's an archangel and all. LOL
Coriana is a bit of a wild card, she might or might not be involved with another character. By the time I reach that point, I will see if there's anything confirmed.
As for Kuisha, the queen, it is confirmed she's interested in Sieg.

Nyx could be one of the special characters, yes.
However, at this point I cannot promise that, at the very least it seems unlikely that she will join the harem as part of the main storyline.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
hmm, i see no response that particularly applies to gabriel. :WeSmart: :KEK:

and speaking of (sorta) i really wanna see the comedy involving azazel being issei's enabler whenever he's ogling women.

also i (not so humbly) demand the oppai dragon song be main menu music for the absolute hilarity it will bring.

and for kicks here's a random idea, if ophis becomes a harem member lilth when she gets rescued could be treated as their adopted daughter instead of ophis' equal or clone. otherwise she could prob remain a NEET (house guard) and later nanny in issei's home. lol

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
R1 is completed and I've extended it a little bit too, and so is the progress for this month.
Next month I will probably extend R1 a little further since I have some unused stuff before continuing with R2.

Klab040855

Mar 25, 2019
You could add Grayfia to the harem when Sirzechs gets sealed to stop the beast 666, She don't get's sealed right?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Didn't get much done this month, spent too much time trying to get the Occult Research Club to look right, and finally I am happy with the result, especially the lighting:
OccultResearchClub.png

I might be able to finish a couple more backgrounds that I had almost finished, but progress for May pretty much ends here.
I wanted to do Akeno's sprite, but that'll have to wait for the next month!

XxBudaXx

Feb 26, 2021
Didn't get much done this month, spent too much time trying to get the Occult Research Club to look right, and finally I am happy with the result, especially the lighting:
View attachment 2665272

I might be able to finish a couple more backgrounds that I had almost finished, but progress for May pretty much ends here.
I wanted to do Akeno's sprite, but that'll have to wait for the next month!
Is there a way for you to put a translation into Brazilian Portuguese? If you don't mind me asking?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Is there a way for you to put a translation into Brazilian Portuguese? If you don't mind me asking?
Fan translations are possible if anyone will do them (There is one in Italian for my current project, which uses the same engine), but they'll always be third party (so no language menu within the game or anything like that, unless someone mods that in).

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Another month is over, this time I had 3 days, and decided to do 3 characters: Akeno, Koneko and Kiba.
I have to yet check if I need more characters for the 2nd release, I will be doing Issei's father and mother full sprites as well, although for some minor characters that appear only once, I might make just a face within the dialogue box (Like RPGM). Although for these, I will wait until I have redone the dialogue box.

This is it for now, at the end of July once I am done with the update of my current project, I will try completing other backgrounds and stick everything together and see how far I will be progressing with R2's content.

As for R3, due to the changes I made to my Patreon last month, it is no longer necessary as I will be doing a public release and a patreon release, so just two.