Vox Gremory - DxD Parody Game [Development Thread]

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Issei doesn't remember her, or rather "him" according to his memories.
I could add some small interactables in his room, and mention an old friendship with a certain individual, but nothing more than that.
mmm, that could be a good idea too. my second thought was applying the typical half face covered by shadow foggy memories you'd typically see in a standard romcom (or eroge) to his character introduction. like slipped into his life overview just before issei rants about his highschool debut or obsession with tits.

speaking of this general idea though it could be an idea to create some CG like still shots when introducing the main heroines. maybe with the name text box like banners you'd see in a super smash bros character preview before they both fly off screen and the regular VN mode comes back. (naturally with the CGs added to a gallery of some sort.) i'm thinking this could play to the cheesiness and harem romcom side of the series.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
speaking of this general idea though it could be an idea to create some CG like still shots when introducing the main heroines. maybe with the name text box like banners you'd see in a super smash bros character preview before they both fly off screen and the regular VN mode comes back. (naturally with the CGs added to a gallery of some sort.) i'm thinking this could play to the cheesiness and harem romcom side of the series.
There's something similar already, but more never hurts :p I'll consider that one.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
There's something similar already, but more never hurts :p I'll consider that one.
alternate idea, it could be used for strictly comedy reasons like say after a sex scene the door gets barged open (which never get locked for some reason) and one of the other girls join with a 'new challenger approaches' for a much more blatant rip off. :KEK:

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
A basic question here, about your new DxD game, are you going to faithfully portray Issei's depraved personality as in the series? Or are you going to make him a little more chad with the player choices make, like you did with Bell-kun in Legacy of Hestia?!

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
A basic question here, about your new DxD game, are you going to faithfully portray Issei's depraved personality as in the series? Or are you going to make him a little more chad with the player choices make, like you did with Bell-kun in Legacy of Hestia?!
He needs to be more assertive otherwise the game would be annoying/boring. He's already a fairly good MC in the Light Novels, but even there the "classic" moments where he's about to do something get interrupted by somebody else. I do not like that, except in some events where it makes sense and needs to happen (Xenovia).

Other than that, I also edited his personality and added some stuff as you'll see at the beginning of the game. That's in an effort to make him more serious and mature of a person, while still keeping his perverted nature.

are thy still making any more of these games?
Yeah, I am still making this game. The release prob won't happen until the end of this year/beginning of the new year.

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
He needs to be more assertive otherwise the game would be annoying/boring. He's already a fairly good MC in the Light Novels, but even there the "classic" moments where he's about to do something get interrupted by somebody else. I do not like that, except in some events where it makes sense and needs to happen (Xenovia).
Other than that, I also edited his personality and added some stuff as you'll see at the beginning of the game. That's in an effort to make him more serious and mature of a person, while still keeping his perverted nature.
You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention!

It's good to know, I also know this because I've read the DxD light novels, and that's exactly why I asked. I don't like Issei's personality, and what made me continue reading the work was because of the girls and Issei's power, not him himself. It's good to know that you're trying to bring something different. I know, because I played Legacy Hestia, minus the most recent updates, and I have to admit that you did a good job with Bell, who was another MC who had problems with his personality, but in the end I just liked how he was portrayed in the game. So, basically, the version of the MC you made is better than the canonical one for me!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
With the content for both R1 and R2 done, I've been making the systems that compose the game, starting from the "hub":
DxD Preview.png

Just like Overlord H or Legacy of Hestia, at the end of some scenes you will land in a screen (MC's room in this case) where you can access side content or need to perform some actions before you can continue with the main storyline.

Only Issei's room will be accessible at the beginning of the game, but once heroines start to move into his home, new locations will be unlocked and accessible on the left portion of the screen.
Locations will have a mark (such as an exclamation point) to show that new scenes are available.
When inside a location, there will be no need to hunt down interactables, you can press default TAB key to highlight all the items you can interact with.

What I need to add now are menu icons (top right of the screen), mainly an issei face to print the current objective and a phone icon to access all the other options, might even put a cheat menu icon (which in the GDD was an item placed in Issei Room, but I think it would be more visible and easier to access as a button).
The rest of the right screen will have quest objectives, which you can toggle off similarly to Legacy of Hestia.

Interactable items in the map will include easter eggs, small scenes that will allow the player to learn more about a character's personality, and also CGs and other collectionables. Issei's room will have 1 of each as a sort of "tutorial" so once the player progresses in the game, they know what to expect and look for once new locations are unlocked.

While Hentai scenes will be part of the main storyline and impossible to miss since this is harem only, interacting with the heroines in their room will give unique scenes. This is useful for many reasons, including being able to add hentai scenes in updates that would otherwise have none (due to the main storyline focusing on other things) or ideas for scenes that wouldn't fit in the main storyline.

I think this is all for this month's progress, in the next one I will be making the battle system (Hint: Kind of inspired by Chess, but knowing how to play will not be required).

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
With the content for both R1 and R2 done, I've been making the systems that compose the game, starting from the "hub":
View attachment 2969187

Just like Overlord H or Legacy of Hestia, at the end of some scenes you will land in a screen (MC's room in this case) where you can access side content or need to perform some actions before you can continue with the main storyline.

Only Issei's room will be accessible at the beginning of the game, but once heroines start to move into his home, new locations will be unlocked and accessible on the left portion of the screen.
Locations will have a mark (such as an exclamation point) to show that new scenes are available.
When inside a location, there will be no need to hunt down interactables, you can press default TAB key to highlight all the items you can interact with.

What I need to add now are menu icons (top right of the screen), mainly an issei face to print the current objective and a phone icon to access all the other options, might even put a cheat menu icon (which in the GDD was an item placed in Issei Room, but I think it would be more visible and easier to access as a button).
The rest of the right screen will have quest objectives, which you can toggle off similarly to Legacy of Hestia.

Interactable items in the map will include easter eggs, small scenes that will allow the player to learn more about a character's personality, and also CGs and other collectionables. Issei's room will have 1 of each as a sort of "tutorial" so once the player progresses in the game, they know what to expect and look for once new locations are unlocked.

While Hentai scenes will be part of the main storyline and impossible to miss since this is harem only, interacting with the heroines in their room will give unique scenes. This is useful for many reasons, including being able to add hentai scenes in updates that would otherwise have none (due to the main storyline focusing on other things) or ideas for scenes that wouldn't fit in the main storyline.

I think this is all for this month's progress, in the next one I will be making the battle system (Hint: Kind of inspired by Chess, but knowing how to play will not be required).
Okay, that's actually really neat and sounds awesome, and what you said about interaction with the heroines in their rooms allowing for extra H-scenes being added in updates also inspired me for what I said earlier: What if some of these allowed Issei to have 'delusions'/dreams where he fucks some of the other DxD girls that aren't in his Harem? This is a way to add scenes for them without having to create routes/alter Canon/cause NTR at all, and kinda would fit with the series because we know Issei's imagination can become overly real, like when he imagined Yasaka rewarding him with her tits in the anime. You could make things like interacting with Rias causing Issei to "imagine" what having a threesome with her MILF or Grayfia would be like, interacting with Ravel could make Issei dream of fucking Yubelluna, interacting with Asia allow for a scene where he fantasizes about an orgy with Aika and the Kendo girls, etc.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Okay, that's actually really neat and sounds awesome, and what you said about interaction with the heroines in their rooms allowing for extra H-scenes being added in updates also inspired me for what I said earlier: What if some of these allowed Issei to have 'delusions'/dreams where he fucks some of the other DxD girls that aren't in his Harem?
That'll be yet another system, Overlord Tier will have access to a part of the game where the MC will have the chance to interact with women that he otherwise never meets, the idea came a few pages back... The two fallen angels that get killed, but there are more characters that I could use.

I do not like "dream" scenes, they feel honestly cheap and lazy to make.
Even the Overlord Tier scenes will be tied to the game's story (obv not canon), but I won't spoil how.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
That'll be yet another system, Overlord Tier will have access to a part of the game where the MC will have the chance to interact with women that he otherwise never meets, the idea came a few pages back... The two fallen angels that get killed, but there are more characters that I could use.

I do not like "dream" scenes, they feel honestly cheap and lazy to make.
Even the Overlord Tier scenes will be tied to the game's story (obv not canon), but I won't spoil how.
Ah, fair enough then I guess (I wouldn't say they're cheap if their purpose is accomplished, aka letting Issei fuck women he normally wouldn't, but that's up to you in the end XP). Missed that part of the talk I suppose...too bad I'm broke so I won't be able to see those scenes anytime soon, but hopefully in the future XD

• Haha
Reactions: Doom Marine

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Ah, fair enough then I guess (I wouldn't say they're cheap if their purpose is accomplished, aka letting Issei fuck women he normally wouldn't, but that's up to you in the end XP). Missed that part of the talk I suppose...too bad I'm broke so I won't be able to see those scenes anytime soon, but hopefully in the future XD
It will be code based without any auth as I want my games to be completely offline, so I am sure people will share them at some point.

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
It will be code based without any auth as I want my games to be completely offline, so I am sure people will share them at some point.
Fair enough, but I DO actually wanna support you for such an amazing endeavor, this quality of HDxD Hentai is beyond rare to see, and the scope you're planning to get it to going through Novel-only content is really amazing, so yeah :)

Also, now that the talks have been going that way, I'm honestly curious: Is Raynare gonna be the only girl not in Issei's Canon harem that he gets to fuck in this game?

kelmor4488

Nov 29, 2022
I am glad you decided to choose High School DxD for your next project Dev, but if I may say so,
I think it would be a waste not to add some BDSM to a game with Akeno (like bondage, femdom or spanking)

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
View attachment 2969187
you know, i kinda expected his walls to be filled with cover girl posters with tits focus pre devilization (before someone in the harem might throw them out or steal them for themself). you should consider at least giving him a boob mouse pad! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
you know, i kinda expected his walls to be filled with cover girl posters with tits focus pre devilization (before someone in the harem might throw them out or steal them for themself). you should consider at least giving him a boob mouse pad! :ROFLMAO:
Actually, he canonically does, and he kept doing so until Rias had the house fully remodeled when the whole Peerage moved in to live with him XD (But yes, before that, even when Rias and Asia started sleeping in his room almost every night, his walls were still covered with tits-related things)

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Fair enough, but I DO actually wanna support you for such an amazing endeavor, this quality of HDxD Hentai is beyond rare to see, and the scope you're planning to get it to going through Novel-only content is really amazing, so yeah :)

Also, now that the talks have been going that way, I'm honestly curious: Is Raynare gonna be the only girl not in Issei's Canon harem that he gets to fuck in this game?
No, outside of the Patreon-only scenes, any heroine without a love interest is fair game. However, those will be mostly one time scenes. Raynare is the only one that officially joins his harem (At least from what I've planned so far).

I am glad you decided to choose High School DxD for your next project Dev, but if I may say so,
I think it would be a waste not to add some BDSM to a game with Akeno (like bondage, femdom or spanking)
I might play around her sadistic vs masochist (with Issei only) duality since it is canon, but i've never written anything beyond vanilla, so result may vary. I wouldn't count on a decent scene if you have that fetish.

To make the maps I gather references to have a (close) 360 view of it, from the material I gathered, he seems to have only a nsfw poster, the rest looks safe or hidden:
hq720.jpg
which is not on the visible side of the wall.
That's not to say I couldn't make an interactable with it, the door is also hidden after all, but I already put an unlockable CG elsewhere for the beginning of the game.

I guess this could be an idea for a second unlockable later in the game, when he will be asked to take it down.