VN Ren'Py Abandoned Higher Education [v0.01.1] [Acton Belle]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, this is an interesting game thus far. Really am curious where this is going. Thank you so very much for this, and looking forward for more.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ActonBelle

ActonBelle

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2023
I'm with you. The simple subtle animations add way more to games like these, opposed to the sex animations that almost always look too rigid because it ended up being to much effort or the developers PC couldn't handle it.

ActonBelle This is a great first outing. I'll be rooting for you.
Thank you :) This specific water "animation" is really just a one-off thing. Can't imagine what else I could use it for in the future, but it helped me learn something about Ren'Py :D I'm glad someone noticed and enjoyed it.

Okay, so this is just some suggestions to make the writing and dialogue more natural sounding. There are very few obvious mistakes, and most of what caught my attention was odd wording or an unnatural feeling or tone. Otherwise, the writing and grammar are pretty solid, and impressive for a non-native speaker.

Use of Spoiler tags to keep the thread 'clean', since I just took screenshots of the lines I wanted to talk about.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for taking the time to go through all that! These notes are very valuable to me, and I greatly appreciate them. I will include these changes in the next update :) Do you mind if I credit you in the game?

Wow, I LOVE the art I'm seeing in the preview screenshots!!
Thanks, I love your signature! :D

lol making me want to finally sit down and learn python properly. I do recommend Subscribestar, at least as an alternative/backup. Its less restrictive on content, and so less likely to suddenly get shut down.
I may look into it in the future. I have a "finding the father's side of the family" storyline planned, but that will take place a looot later in the game. I guess I'll cross the bridge when I get there :)

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to go through all that! These notes are very valuable to me, and I greatly appreciate them. I will include these changes in the next update :) Do you mind if I credit you in the game?
Sure, if you want. Just happy to see someone so enthusiastic about taking notes and trying to make improvements on an already really solid first outing. You're certainly on the right track to delivering a quality experience.

To be fair, I only played through once, so I know I haven't seen all of the dialogue. If you were interested in perhaps letting someone take a look at an actual script or word doc, just send me a PM and let me know if I can help.

• Red Heart

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Thank you :) This specific water "animation" is really just a one-off thing. Can't imagine what else I could use it for in the future, but it helped me learn something about Ren'Py :D I'm glad someone noticed and enjoyed it.
It wasn't just the water though. The characters making hand gestures and blinking, the water effect, the training car bouncing. Those are all very subtle small animations that helped draw me personally into the world you've created, far more than attempting big bombastic animations and camera movement that other developers try, but cannot pull off either due to lack of skill or lack of computing power.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
The art looks good, but I feel that this will be heavily lesbian content focused which is sadly not for me as a straight female
If you press the heart button in the dialogue box, it'll bring up the characters you're harvesting relationship points with, which implies that they're the love interests. It's mixed.

ActonBelle

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2023
The art looks good, but I feel that this will be heavily lesbian content focused which is sadly not for me as a straight female
While the first release contains only lesbian content, there are 11 main love interests altogether: 6 are male, 4 are female, and 1 is MtF. These have colorful name tags. Then there are some secondary characters (gray name tags) who won't have their own storyline, but you might trigger a scene with them based on choices. You can pick who to romance. Nothing will be forced on you. Check back in a few updates if you're still interested :)

Sarah Ali

Sep 14, 2023
While the first release contains only lesbian content, there are 11 main love interests altogether: 6 are male, 4 are female, and 1 is MtF. These have colorful name tags. Then there are some secondary characters (gray name tags) who won't have their own storyline, but you might trigger a scene with them based on choices. You can pick who to romance. Nothing will be forced on you. Check back in a few updates if you're still interested :)
Oh? So it has men too? Thanks for the heads up. But wait, is it purely romance focused hentai game? So there will be no forced or deviant night stands with men of different physique?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote