4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Nice to be surprised with a Hillside update when I woke up and turned the computer on. On top of that exactly on the day I would have been entitled to get it (two weeks after "planned" release, which was on the 7th). And what an update it was. We learned a lot about the backstory, and it seems that the air between the MC and Char has finally cleared. Suzi's sub-plot seems solved. The Detective just became REALLY shady. Johno got what he deserved. I feel pity for Lucy and hope that she will end up with a nice guy. And Emma is still cute as buttons and makes me laugh, while at the same time drives me crazy with her naiveté. (Loved that hard bargain she drove at the bar. :ROFLMAO:) The French seemed a little bit off, but some other comment already explained that.

And the minor baddie in the story?

Teeth.png

Just for that "Vampire Boyfriend" will starve to even-more-death, because he can't suck any blood without a single tooth in his mouth.

So I am really wondering what had happened to have caused the delay. Maybe it was the achievement counter that DB tried to fix, but ultimately failed, as it's still broken. But anyway, I can't wait to see what the baddies will have in store and how we can sabotage that college creep on his date.

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Love the game, but.... I feel like the MC is a bit too lax with the Johno thing. Like... a little threat and you think it's gonna go away? With him living in the area like he has, seems like he's too naive there.

WCKD_FOX

Mar 21, 2019
Because everyone has his own little pride (and God knows it's one of my favorite sin), I allow myself to up some old comments of mine :whistle:
Yeah, bang the virgin daughter of the most famous supermodel is a thing. But... she's a bullied girl, she's a nobody for everyone. And to become a legend, and not a school legend, but a Hillside legend, you have to break the bank !

The ultimate price is obviously Charlotte ! The "nobody could get her" is not about the virgin daughter but the hot mother that nobody in the industry got in years ! I think Zak, a spoiled brat with a lot of money, has hired Johno to take pics... of Emma, Charlotte, Suzi, whatever that gives him a leverage to blackmail Charlotte. It happens to be pics of Emma. By scaring the mother enough, he probably hopes to make a dark deal with her : "open your legs, or I make her live hell... maybe I'll fuck her, take pics, then throw her away like a shit and post everything on the school's wall if you resist". That kind of shit.

And Johno is just greedy. He hope to have his share of the loot. Took pics, send them to the client and now tries to blackmail the sister and confuses her enough to bang her (or make money as it was a given option), knowing she won't tell anyone. Low risks and good price ? I think that's where he's involved.

Or maybe that's total bullshit but, hey, that's a plan :sneaky:
I think it's simplier than that. We know the MC spent time in Hillside, when the actor was there too. We know the first Emma died at the time and it's implied the MC left Hillside after that event because he was highly affected. By the way he's boiling when he saw the actor for the first time in the game (at the moment, he doesn't know the connection with Charlotte), we can guess the MC is considering the actor responsible, one way or an other, for the death of the first Emma. The actor and Emma probably knew each other, so first Emma was probably linked to the "upper Hillside world". Probably not famous, but trying to start a career or hanging out with celebrities.
So, when the girl died, it probably made the news, more than if she was just a "nobody". And if she was linked to the actor, he probably has been under some lights, even indirectly. So if the MC was his bodyguard at the time, Charlotte could have seen him by far or in the news.
It seems highly unlikely she didn't know about the girl's death at the time. But it's obvious she doesn't remember much, because if she knew the MC was involved in the story and couldn't save the girl, she wouldn't have hired him.
When she will connect the dot, I guess she will go for another round of "classical Charlie mistrust" ^^'
By the way, great update ! Lot of scenes, the story unfold well, Charlotte has brilliant moments and Suzy's ass sight is a welcomed and appreciated surprise.
Now I can't wait to see Zak getting tied in a cave with Zed & Maynard for his punishment :devilish:
Oh and Carter always had shady vibes, now it's sure this guy is part of the mess.
Good job, boss.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Love the game, but.... I feel like the MC is a bit too lax with the Johno thing. Like... a little threat and you think it's gonna go away? With him living in the area like he has, seems like he's too naive there.
Had the same feeling, but I'm sure that MC knowing that Johno was only a hired gun is not finished with him or part of investigation connected to him. And MC also considers the possibility of Johno's threat not being over as evidenced imo when he says to Suzi that if Johno will come back to cause her more troubles she should call for MC's help.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

PreachyLocust

Apr 20, 2021
Prob won't get to play the new update till later in the week but are you guys seriously telling me we don't even get to plow Kaylah??? I'm down for the slow burn with the 4 main girls but can we throw MC a bone sometime soon?

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
That was indeed a good update.

I wanted to help the most disappointed people here about delays. That's up to you if you want that or not, but I've read some comparison about the delay between updates a year ago and delays now. Well, I did check a little to give you that reason :

An update like update 4 or 5 compared to the update 10 (v0.10) :
- v0.10 is roughly 3 times more dialog for one.
- It also contains 4 times more branches in the dialogs based of previous choices, to let us experience the impact of our choices
- Render are no exceptions there is 3.5 times more renders.

Maybe that explaination will help you accept the delays, maybe it won't. But you won't be able to say that you don't understand why it takes longer now.

Enjoy Hillside while it lasts. nothing is forever ;)

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Did you also know that Charlotte made her appearance in Retrieving the past? The reason i asked was because i just realized it recently.

Rileyfksurmom

Sep 1, 2017
WHAT A AWESOME AWESOME UPDATE ..... fantastic DARKBLUE .... lewd much better then sex act like what been doing other dev .... i love the story line .... excited and a very very awesome ....... can't wait another great update ... thank you
Its supposed to be a sex game bro, not a novel. Gonna wait another sixmon to play through.
Prob won't get to play the new update till later in the week but are you guys seriously telling me we don't even get to plow Kaylah??? I'm down for the slow burn with the 4 main girls but can we throw MC a bone sometime soon?
Its a good story, but this is supposed to be a sex game. Will check it again when completed...in five years.

Reactions: sevensham
4.20 star(s) 265 Votes